BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie Minogue 2019, New era? What can we expect?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SmileyKylie
post 9th December 2018, 07:40 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

I think Sigala track will be pushed Jan\Feb

Brit Awards performance?

Glastonbury headliner - Sunday 30th June on Pyramid Legends stage

Greatest Hits album with long pre-order time? Announce end of Feb and be released May\June in time or festival dates?

Golden DVD?

Robbie Williams - Symphony release?

This post has been edited by SmileyKylie: 19th December 2018, 12:48 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 9th December 2018, 08:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Would be nice if the Sigala song is pushed as a single although I'm not really bothered if it doesn't either.

A BRITs performance would be FANTASTIC but I'm not holding my breath. She's bound to be nominated for Best International Female although I imagine someone like Ariana will take that crown.

Looking forward to the possible greatest hits presuming it's a definitive collection, seems pretty likely we'll get something to support the summer shows. The Glastonbury Legends spot seems pretty likely and it'll be so bittersweet to see her finally take the Glastonbury stage in her own right.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 9th December 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

I’m here for everything apart from anymore cassettes laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 9th December 2018, 11:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Dec 9 2018, 08:15 PM) *
Would be nice if the Sigala song is pushed as a single although I'm not really bothered if it doesn't either.

A BRITs performance would be FANTASTIC but I'm not holding my breath. She's bound to be nominated for Best International Female although I imagine someone like Ariana will take that crown.

Looking forward to the possible greatest hits presuming it's a definitive collection, seems pretty likely we'll get something to support the summer shows. The Glastonbury Legends spot seems pretty likely and it'll be so bittersweet to see her finally take the Glastonbury stage in her own right.

I'd be with all this.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 10th December 2018, 06:50 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

A well-deserved break for her?

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 11th December 2018, 12:28 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

I’m really not fussed about another Greatest Hits unless it includes new material or remastered mixes.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 19th December 2018, 12:32 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

The year coming together nicely!

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 19th December 2018, 04:34 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

I hope the sigala track isn’t released. It’s quite weak and I don’t like her vocals. It’s a big step back in terms of style. I expect she will take a break in between her shows. I can’t see a new album being released anytime soon!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 26th February 2019, 09:40 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

If Kylie releases a Greatest Hits to coincide with her Glastonbury performance i would at the least expect 1 new single to promote the release.
I would also feel that after all this, Kylie most likely wont release anything new for at least 2 years.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 26th February 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632

I see 1 or 2 singles in 2019 with the greatest hits with a new album ready for 2020

+Quote this post
pippa
post 26th February 2019, 09:56 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I would lean more to Kylie will take a long break and work on her next album over a long period to ensure she is happy with it.
That said, the record company could be lets build on the recent success and get an album out.
There was a rumour last year that Kylie had some great songs left over from Golden and could be part of a follow up album.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th February 2019, 01:00 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

The Greatest Hits album is pretty inevitable but I'm definitely hoping we get a new song to go with it. I'm so excited for this summer; I didn't manage to get tickets to any of the shows but I'm so looking forward to watching them online anyway.

I can see the gap between studio albums being smaller than recent times. Assuming they have the material, I'd be happy with a September/October 2020 release, perhaps with a lead single in June and a follow-up to coincide with the album. Kylie is in a much stronger position right now when it comes to the success of new material than she was with Kiss Me Once and that's only going to increase with the summer shows. I hope BMG take advantage of that.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 27th February 2019, 01:43 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I think BMG will take advantage of the renewed interest in kylie and if we get the new greatest hits it has potential to do well but if it happens I'd at the least like 1 new single and another new song on it. There is alot of potential too for dif format releases for the greatest hits but I can see a 1 CD package coming and if so I hope the right songs are picked, then possibly re release with a bonus CD of other hits.
In addition to the shows an audience with kylie style TV show would be great in October November time to give the album another sales boost. If they prono this half as good as golden it could go platinum for kylie.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th February 2019, 01:47 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

There's definitely great potential in a Greatest Hits, as we've discussed before. Multiple tracking lists for varying degrees of fans is definitely something BMG should be looking at. Apparently Kylie and her team have the rights to all her discography so we should hopefully get a definitive collection. It's quite shocking that we don't have a readily available Kylie Greatest Hits anymore, either physically or on streaming.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 27th February 2019, 01:50 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

A readily available greatest hits should def be available at all times going forward, kylie is the type of artist who's greatest hits would keep tipping away with sales.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th February 2019, 01:57 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Definitely! It's strange than an artist as successful as Kylie doesn't have on readily available. I guess she at least has greatest hits playlists on Spotify, if not the actual greatest hits.

I'm definitely holding out for a rarities style release, full of bonuses and B-sides etc. Don't know how easy it'll be to get them on an album but even a limited amount would be better than nothing. Those songs that missed out on X especially need to see the light of day on a physical product.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 27th February 2019, 02:12 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Ive wanted an album of rarities for years and sometimes think it will never happen. An album like that would be great and would have miles on body language and kiss me once.

This post has been edited by Feel_The_Fever: 27th February 2019, 02:12 AM

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th February 2019, 02:18 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I'm sure we'll get one some day, it's the sort of things that could keep Kylie selling when she's longer releasing new music (hopefully not for a very long time!!). I'd be happy with at least the B-sides/bonus tracks being readily available on Spotify. There's already a fair few on there but there's still lots outstanding.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 27th February 2019, 02:50 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I would much prefer a phyisical CD release of it and it could have great outwork throughout

+Quote this post
pippa
post 27th February 2019, 03:08 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

There is an opening for such a release from Kylie is they can get the legal side sorted due to the different licensing on the songs.
Similar to the Greatest Hits, if the right package was put together with a good single to promote it, an album like this could match the sales of Kiss Me Once.
Her Greatest Hits has huge potential to perform well and if released on the right week, with strong formats and promotion Kylie could achieve another Number 1 album.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:05 PM