BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Something To Remember - Survivor - Round 6, Set your stakes too high, you're bound to lose...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Keep your head held high
Least Fave
I'll Remember [ 2 ] ** [20.00%]
Take A Bow [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
You'll See [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Crazy For You [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Live To Tell [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Forbidden Love [ 6 ] ** [60.00%]
Rain [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Oh Father [ 2 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 10

Nina West
post Jan 10 2019, 07:08 PM
Post #1
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

=10th. This Used To Be My Playground = 7 Votes

=10th. Something To Remember = 7 Votes

Welcome to Round 6 of Madonna's 'Something To Remember' Survivor polls and after a very tight battle we finally say goodbye to 2 tracks of the album, leaving 8 left in the running. 'This Used To Be My Playground' & the title track 'Something To Remember', each gaining 7 votes each. 'Forbidden Love' wasn't far behind with 5 votes and was tied with the other 2 for while. 'Rain' surprisingly picks up 2 votes for the very first time in these rounds and finally 'I'll Remember' gets a vote. The other 4 are safe for the time being while 'Oh Father' was immune from the last round due to it gaining the highest amount of points from the previous round.

'This Used To Be My Playground' - was the theme for the 'A League Of Their Own' movie in 1992 in which Madonna also starred in (and probably her best movie). The song was released as a stand alone single in June 1992 and co-written with long-time collaborator Shep Pettibone and for the first time worked with live string arrangement. Lyrically it discusses visiting one's childhood places and not letting go of the past. Upon release it received positive critical reception and even earned her a Golden Globe nomination for 'Best Original Song', of course it became a commercial success by topping the US Billboard charts, making this her 10th chart topper as well as topping the charts in a further 4 countries and reaching #3 in the UK, becoming her 26th top 10 hit. I wouldn't rank this as one of my fave Madonna songs but you can't deny that its a beautiful piece of music with such emotion, however I find this a little dull and very Phil Collins like and in my opinion Madonna has had far better ballads.

'Something To Remember' - One of the few non-singles included on this collection, it first appeared on her 'I'm Breathless' soundtrack for the 'Dick Tracy' movie and lyrically deals with her failed marriage to actor Sean Penn and was the source of inspiration for naming her 1995 compilation album. It's the true feeling of sadness and regret-the longing and yearning that power. A more than welcome addition to this album and glad to see that it lasted pretty well considering over some of the more well known and bigger hits that have already fallen.

Right then guys same rules apply just vote for your least fave from the 8 remaining tracks by the next round, and the one with the most will be voted out.

Results:
=10th. This Used To Be My Playground = 7/31.82%
=10th. Something To Remember = 7/31.82%
11th. I Want You (Ft Massive Attack) = 12 points
12th. Love Don't Live Here Anymore = 3/33.33%
13th. One More Chance = 6/60.00%
=15th. La Isla Bonita = 3/30.00%
=15th. I Want You [Orchestral] = 3/30.00%
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Jan 10 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #2
   No Gallery Pics

Going for 'Forbidden Love' now...

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 10 2019, 07:12 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I'm glad Forbidden Love managed to survive another round but I know it'll be a goner this time.

I'll Remember for me.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jan 11 2019, 04:23 AM
Post #4
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Forbidden Love

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jan 11 2019, 12:18 PM
Post #5
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Oh Gosh, I'm sad 'I Want You' left that early. sad.gif

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jan 11 2019, 07:14 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Forbidden Love.

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Jan 15 2019, 02:08 PM
Post #7
   No Gallery Pics

Voting over next round coming up...

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:49 PM