BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ultimate Dua Lipa Rate • Results, Let's begin the countdown
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
George.keh
post Feb 7 2021, 08:12 PM
Post #1
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
DUA LIPA ULTIMATE RATE RESULTS

So, the results are in and to be honest there are definitely some surprises- some collaborations leaving way earlier than expected and a song I thought was a true fan-fave not even making the top 10 that I thought it was a dead cert for.

What are your predictions for the first few out?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Feb 7 2021, 08:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Physical or Be The One missing Top 10 ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Feb 7 2021, 08:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
Swan Song got undeservedly roasted in some of those rates. Either that or the Andrea Bocceli collab or Dreams Selena.png

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Feb 7 2021, 08:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

45. If Only (with Andrea Bocelli) (3.73)
44. Swan Song (4.46)
43. My Love (with Wale, Major Lazer & WizKid) (4.82)
42. Dreams (4.9)
41.High (with Whethan) (5.18)

Despite not getting any -1s like some other songs, it’s Dua’s operatic collab with Andrea Bocelli, If Only, that comes in dead last, it picked up no score higher than a 6 and while nothing offensive is not something many Dua fans went rushing back to due to the extreme change in pace from the dance-bangers we’ve become so used to from her! In 44 we have Dua’s disappointing soundtrack single from Alita: Battle Angel, Swan Song- whilst managing to pick up a top 40 peak and a few weeks in the lower end of that region, it’s not one that has stuck with fans receiving 2 scores of -1. Next up is My Love, a cute summery collab with Major Lazer, Wizkid and Wale- a fairly inoffensive number but not one that’s stuck out as a highlight in her back-catalogue. Next up is our first non-single, Dreams and I completely agree with this position for this as the lowest position for any song on DL1 as it has aged pretty terribly and the post-chorus always comes across rather drab to me. Finally in this section is Fifty Shades Freed effort, High, a dark-moody number that although isn’t one I regularly go back to, is one I always enjoy when I do rediscover it and I'm glad it's managed to pick up at least a score above 5!

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Feb 7 2021, 09:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
Dreams got what it deserved kink.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Feb 7 2021, 09:12 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Swan Sing doesn't deserve all this hate sob.gif

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Feb 7 2021, 10:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

40. Sugar (with BROCKHAMPTON) (5.83)
39. Good in Bed (5.92)
38. Lost In Your Light (feat. Miguel) (6.04)
37. No Goodbyes (6.05)
36. Thinking Bout’ You (6.05) Had an 8

Opening our top 40 is BROCKHAMPTON collaboration, Sugar, whilst not the most prominent of her features, her voice definitely works really well on this production and would be really lovely to see more of her on this type of song- an R&B album one day? Our first Future Nostalgia track leaves us next with the Lily Allen-soundalike, Good in Bed, the song is officially Buzzjack’s least favourite from the second album. Lost in Your Light leaves us next which is a shame because although far from one of her standouts, it’s songs like this, a smooth, funky pop song, that sound beautiful with her voice- definitely an awful single choice though. My personal least favourite era 1 song leaves next in No Goodbyes- I wish they’d either chosen to go full upbeat with this or full ballad as it’s kind-of all over the place for me. JUST beating it to spot number 36 is acoustic ballad, Thinking Bout You, a slow, sing-a-long number that deserves more love if I’m honest, her vocals- on the edge of breaking quite a lot of the way through the track- sound phenomenal imo.

We lose a song I thought was a fairly big fan-favourite, an important song for the Dua journey and a top 10 hit in the next batch. Any guesses?

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Feb 7 2021, 10:28 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Hotter Than Hell?

Electricity?

ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 7 2021, 10:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
'SUGAR' is way too low </3 otherwise pretty good results so far. 'High' and 'Lost In Your Light' probably the best of the rest.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Feb 8 2021, 10:58 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'My Love' isn't that bad, but it's not exactly a loss all the same.

Is 'IDGAF' out in the next batch? ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: Feb 8 2021, 11:00 AM

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Feb 8 2021, 02:46 PM
Post #11
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

35. Boys Will Be Boys (6.08)
34. Garden (6.32)
33. New Love (6.5)
32. Kiss and Make Up (with BLACKPINK) (6.58)
31. No Lie (with Sean Paul) (6.63)

Our second FN track leaves us next with ballad, Boys Will Be Boys, the song was clumped with Good in Bed as the 2 weaker links of the album but comes out on top here. I think the song would have benefited from different production- a string-driven production similar to Wishing On A Star by Rose Royce would have sounded beautiful and kept with the disco theme. Buzzjack classic, Garden leaves us next at 34 and i’m personally very glad it’s beaten No Goodbyes and Thinking Bout You at least- whilst definitely not an all-time favourite of anyone I think it’s a pretty solid track. Dua’s first ever song leaves us next with New Love taking us to the 6.5 mark in averages, not a classic but shows signs of what could be a potential huge star with those low husky tones and interesting production. A song I expected to be a fair bit higher leaves next with Kiss and Make Up- I definitely thought this would at least be higher than the 2 other songs released from the complete edition- Running and Want To. I really enjoyed her singing with BLACKPINK and hope they pair up for a future collaboration again- hopefully a little stronger a track however. Our first top 10 single leaves us next, her first ever top 10 at that with Sean Paul banger- No Lie. I love this song and it always seems to go off at party, club settings and can’t wait to hear it out again. Also the video has a whopping 780 million views and she looks stunning in it.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 8 2021, 03:02 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Shocked that 'Kiss And Make Up' is so low ohmy.gif justice for 'Garden' too x

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Feb 8 2021, 04:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I was actually gonna guess 'No Lie' but I've never thought of it as a "fan favourite" laugh.gif

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Feb 8 2021, 04:25 PM
Post #14
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Feb 8 2021, 04:00 PM) *
I was actually gonna guess 'No Lie' but I've never thought of it as a "fan favourite" laugh.gif

I was saying that about Kiss & Make Up actually- always does well in the Artist Forum contests and definitely had a lot of success for a song that never got a push

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Feb 8 2021, 08:16 PM
Post #15
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

30. Running (6.68)
29. Want To (6.95)
28. Room for 2 (7)
27. Genesis (7.08)
26. Scared to be Lonely (with Martin Garrix) (7.13)

Opening our top 30 is the two remaining newly-released tracks for the complete edition of Dua Lipa- the self-titled album of course. Running (the strongest of the three for me) leaves us first in 30th and is an underrated moment in her back catalogue for me- I think the production is great and her voice sounds spectacular. Want To is in 29 and I always associate this with the car advert- was it Jaguar possibly- there was a website online that allowed you to create remixes of this song- along with the Jaguar promotion. A song I’m surprised to see as high as this is next, Room for 2, a dark, broody, interesting number that is definitely unlike anything else she’s released and I’d quite like her to take this sound further one day soon! DL1 opening track next, Genesis- a really great opening track to what was a solid debut pop album and the track sums up the sound of the album pretty perfectly and is continued in theme halfway through the album on Garden. Finally, a song, I think me and Tawdry hoped would finish lower, Scared to be Lonely. This song sounded dated upon release for me and hasn’t been one I’ve ever gone back to. Definitely has it’s fans though and managed to be a pretty impressive seller chart-wise.

We’re about to end our top 25, but what will leave us before we enter our big 20!

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 8 2021, 08:30 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Alone and wounded
'Want To' and 'Room For 2' a fab underrated dark duo there <3

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post Feb 9 2021, 03:57 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211
"High" deserved better. I think this is my only complaint in the bottom five, aside "Swan Song". However, I understand that it's very polarizing, so... Either way, "Sugar" should be higher and it's interesting to see that "Boys Will Be Boys" performed better than "Good In Bed" this time. The last five songs are great too, especially "Running".

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Feb 9 2021, 02:06 PM
Post #18
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

25. Begging (7.18)
24. That Kind of Woman (Blessed Madonna Remix) (7.22)
23. Homesick (7.36)
22. Bad Together (7.59)
21. Blow Your Mind (Mwah) (7.62)

So first of all, Begging was robbed. One of my absolute favourites from the first album and safely in my holy trinity of the standard edition of the album. Glad it at least managed to sneak a place in the top 25. One of two Blessed Madonna remixes leaves next, one of the two new original tracks, That Kind of Woman leaving at a respectable 24. Chris Martin-collab next with Homesick- I remember there being lots of suggestions that this should have been a single and I’m rather glad it stayed as just a sweet, album closer. A favourite from the deluxe edition of DL1 Bad Together is next and now this is what I wish was pushed as a single- an immediate favourite of mine and the verses are so much fun. Sadly, missing out on a top 20 place is top 30 hit, Blow Your Mind (Mwah), the song had lukewarm reception upon release and has never been as strong a favourite compared to some of the other released from the same era- it did however manage to become her first appearance on the Billboard Hot 100.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Feb 9 2021, 02:10 PM
Post #19
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
SOOO our top 20 in alphabetical order is-

Be The One
Break My Heart
Cool
Don't Start Now
Electricity (with Silk City)
Fever (feat. Angele)
Future Nostalgia
Hallucinate
Hotter Than Hell
IDGAF
Last Dance
Levitating
Love Again
Love Is Religion (Blessed Madonna Remix)
New Rules
One Kiss (with Calvin Harris)
Physical
Pretty Please
Prisoner (with Miley Cyrus)
Un Dia (with Bad Bunny, J Balvin and Tainy)

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 9 2021, 02:18 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Surprised but glad that 'Blow Your Mind (Mwah)' has bowed out as I find it really irritating sad.gif justice for the lush 'That Kind of Woman' remix though!

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:22 AM