BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Little Mix • Debut album, SPRINGGGGG
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 8th January 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Just thought I'd start a new thread for this rather drag up Cannonball's thread!

Just read this:
X Factor winners Little Mix will reportedly duet with mentor Tulisa Contostavlos and Jessie J on their debut album.

Sources claim that the girl band - individually known as Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Jade Thirlwall and Leigh-Anne Pinnock - are hoping to record the collaborations as soon as possible so they can release their first record in a matter of months.

"Little Mix are in talks with both Jessie and Tulisa about the album," an insider told the Daily Star. "It is not yet known how they will feature but it's likely they will appear on separate tracks.

"The plan is to release their album as early as spring if they can get enough good songs together. They want to capitalise on their momentum ASAP and release an early summer album before giving it another big push on the X Factor live shows in October."

Bosses at Little Mix's label Syco apparently wanted the three acts to form a supergroup for an album track, but this was scrapped due to Jessie J's desire to record her own team-up with Contostavlos for her next album.

Little Mix previously expressed hope that they will achieve international success and become as big as the Spice Girls.

---------------------
Spring? With collabs from Jessie and Tulisa? SO BLOODY EXCITED.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Slick
post 8th January 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #2
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

I sincerely hope it IS Spring, because that'd be just perfect timing. I'm not sure collaborations are exactly needed but I'm looking forward to see if they transpire regardless.

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post 8th January 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Sundream
User: 10,347

If Little Mix can get their next single released in April/May then that would definitely be a step in the right direction. Seems like someone at SyCo has finally realised it isn't 2007 anymore and that an X Factor winner can't just disappear for 12 months, comeback and score a massive hit. The charts are a lot faster paced now and SyCo need to move with the times.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th January 2012, 12:34 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I agree. Hopefully as sales will be overall lower in the Spring/early Summer than XF time, it'll be able to get enough sales to help it ready to sell a decent amount at XF too. As long as they are ORIGINAL songs (don't mind the odd one or two covers - INCLUDING 'Cannonball') but at least 90% of the album has to be original material. (Their debut doesn't HAVE to be written by them or anything though, but a couple of co-credits would be nice)

SO EXCITED.

+Quote this post
Mattluck
post 9th January 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 7,001

can't wait, so we may have it in few month, hope they can find smash hit!

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 9th January 2012, 12:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

April is a bit early for me, it's only a month or so after all the bargain basement acts from the previous series wheel out a dodgy covers album. JLS managed to do perfectly well with a July release and it meant that the second single along with the album were released during the X Factor live shows. If they have a Spring release they'll be on their third single proper by October and album sales will be stunted by that (if it's a 12 track album and you've already released a third of it including "Cannonball", and supposedly some of the best material at that, then not as many people will be interested in getting the entire album).

+Quote this post
Electro Paradise
post 9th January 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 11,104

I can't wait for this, the sooner the better for me (as long as the material is good enough) the longer they wait the bigger chance of them being forgotten imo.
The collabs with Jessie J & Tulisa also sounds very interesting!

+Quote this post
Spiral
post 10th January 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,208

I don't think Girl Bands should do collaborations, none of the others that have done well have had to do it. And I'm very excited, hopefully Little Mix will save the Girl Band image, because right now The Saturdays aren't holding up very well.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 10th January 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

QUOTE(C H A R L I E ? @ Jan 9 2012, 12:18 PM) *
April is a bit early for me, it's only a month or so after all the bargain basement acts from the previous series wheel out a dodgy covers album. JLS managed to do perfectly well with a July release and it meant that the second single along with the album were released during the X Factor live shows. If they have a Spring release they'll be on their third single proper by October and album sales will be stunted by that (if it's a 12 track album and you've already released a third of it including "Cannonball", and supposedly some of the best material at that, then not as many people will be interested in getting the entire album).

I agree, Spring does give the impression that they're moving a bit too fast, I really think summer would be the perfect time to release - just the right margin between times I feel,

Nonetheless (if this is true of course), its certainly better than autumn so I look forward to hearing new material by them biggrin.gif a Jessie J collaboration sounds like a hit in the making already

This post has been edited by C.W: 10th January 2012, 04:46 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 10th January 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

REALLY excited to hear what they come up with. I think late Spring would be okay - May-ish time perhaps? As long as the music is good, I'm not overly bothered though.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 10th January 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

QUOTE(Jack @ Jan 10 2012, 04:53 PM) *
REALLY excited to hear what they come up with. I think late Spring would be okay - May-ish time perhaps? As long as the music is good, I'm not overly bothered though.

I'd say May / June for the first single, it'd be very brave to launch an album straight after so maybe the first could have an OA/OS release (done properly, not like "Notorious") and the second single with a held-back release in August with the album straight after.

+Quote this post
Slowpoke
post 10th January 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #12
Group icon
We'll melt your popsicle
User: 7,847

They should work with Dr Luke

+Quote this post
Aidan
post 26th January 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 6,246

If they've already been writing for their single, hopefully it won't be too long until it's released! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
jay727
post 26th January 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

GOOD! It's about time an XF winner is given a decent chance to do well rather than wait until everyone forgets them.

Saying that, why would they want a duet with Tulisa? I can understand why Tulisa wants the duet cos she needs it, but Little Mix should do their own thing. The Jessie J collab would be interesting, but the Tulisa thing would just be like on the live show where she tries to outsing them rather than actually sing with them

Hoping we get a cracking first single by March! They should release around the same time as Marcus

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 26th January 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #15
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Even though that was one of their covers from the show that felt, to the touch, like a performance of their own single last night! Total naturals, I was so happy they won last year...hopefully their first single can be a killer that'll make the need to put 'Cannonball' on the album irrelevant! But as everyone's saying above not as early as May...July would be a good time for them to release though, especially if they get a slot at T4 on the Beach that would do wonders for launching a single!

+Quote this post
AV102
post 26th January 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 9,835

They will need good producers to make it work

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 27th January 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Bringing the winners material forward is a good idea i think as holding back for almost a year just doesnt seem to be working, i hope Little Mix can have a killer proper first single and also a few strong tracks on the album that will help establish them.

+Quote this post
-Irish-Ladd-
post 27th January 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 11,947

Yayyy, just what I wanted! Spring would be quite good, or even early summer. They're being smart staying in the spotlight (a bit), so people don't forget about them tongue.gif

+Quote this post
BuzzLightyear
post 28th January 2012, 04:02 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,330

Tbh they could release next month for all the input they'll have in it. It could take a while to source the songs and shape the sound etc though I suppose.

I reckon they'll do well, we'll see.

+Quote this post
movingon
post 28th January 2012, 04:23 AM
Post #20
Group icon
New Entry
User: 16,190

My First post and first subject I came on the pop forum. Personally, I think a quicker release is a good idea. The longer period made sense in terms of Leona, since they had US plans for her. It hasn't really benefited the other winners in terms of quality, so why the wait? They are right to strike while the iron`s hot.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd June 2024, 09:06 AM