BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Eurovision winner 2006, The shortlist
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Ricky
post 30th March 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
what you just said; I am already forgetting - Lena
User: 18

Here is my shortlist of potential winners for 2006

Greece - Anna Vissi
The host nations, always a bit of hype having the home advantage. The song is better then average, but no where near the best.

Sweden - Carola

Similiar to the entry from Greece with a bit more sparkle. But unsure if lots of walking around the stage is going to impress. Hope it's Top3, would be no disgrace to the Eurovision if this won.

Belgium - Kate Ryan
A pop-vocally thing, this is something Rachael Stevens might sing. Rachael would actually do it better and it would still flop. The overhyped entry this year.

Switzerland - six4one

This song has the best chorus and feel good factor of all the entries, not seen the video yet and don't know how serious the Switz entry are, but have this down as a dark horse to win on the night. One to watch.

Germany - Texas Lightning

The country sound is better then Germany's normal standard. Expecting it to pick up lots of mid placing points. Likely Top5 but not quite enough points to win.

United Kingdom - Daz Sampson

Commercailly the best track by a big margin. The love it or hate nature of the song may mean that some countries ignore it, especially with the unfavourable political UK angle at the moment. Politics and tactical voting could strip the Eurovision of this years best entry.

FYR Macedonia - Elena Risteska
Not sure why people like this, Elena is fab for sure, but the song is below average compared to other eurovision 2006 entries. Could score high if I'm missing something. unsure.gif

Russia - Dima Bilan

A nice catchy number, that sounds like a decent erasure track. May pick up lots of votes.

Romania - Mihai Traistariu
this is like Enimem in a boy Band ... and along with Bosnia and Herzegovina - Hari Mata Hari two average songs but maybe the best of the rest to the east where there are plenty of votes going.

Lithuania - LT United
'We Are The Winners - vote for the winners' they sing - Total dripple but one you can't get out of your head. Does unfortuately stand an outside chance.

Would say chances are the winner is on my hotlist.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
David
post 30th March 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 44

I think you're right there with nearly all of them, but I don't think Lithuania will get past the semis tbh and I think being on first is gonna be a bit of a letdown for Switzerland.

I personally think Croatia might pull it out of the bag on the night. Quite similar to Ruslana (Ukraine 2004) and Belgium 2003's entry... well the same sort of music to Belgium's.

I really think we have a chance though this year. thumbup.gif

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 30th March 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I'm not sure if the British entry will win to be honest, as it always ends up poltically based.

But from what I heard so far Belgium (Kate Ryan) or Malta could win it, Malta because its my home country, and they always seem to crack the top 3 and never win it.

+Quote this post
Ricky
post 30th March 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #4
Group icon

QUOTE(Mikey @ Mar 30 2006, 06:16 PM) *

I'm not sure if the British entry will win to be honest, as it always ends up poltically based.

But from what I heard so far Belgium (Kate Ryan) or Malta could win it, Malta because its my home country, and they always seem to crack the top 3 and never win it.

Yea, the Malta entry is a really good song, third only to the UK and Switzerland, the problem is the guy that is singing it has poor vocals and no real presence about him.
I guess he might take singing lesson and end up looking the part. unsure.gif

+Quote this post
David
post 30th March 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(e-motion @ Mar 30 2006, 05:30 PM) *

Yea, the Malta entry is a really good song, third only to the UK and Switzerland, the problem is the guy that is singing it has poor vocals and no real presence about him.
I guess he might take singing lesson and end up looking the part. unsure.gif

Was he the one that entered for the in 2001?

+Quote this post
Ricky
post 30th March 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #6
Group icon

I have no idea about that.

+Quote this post
JayKay
post 30th March 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #7
Group icon
New Entry
User: 48

Yes, Fabrizio Faniello also represented Malta in 2001 - finished 9th, I think.

I'm really not sure about Croatia. The Eastern part of Europe will definitely vote for it, but I cannot see it receiving top grades from the Western countries. It should be top 5, though.

My guess for a winner would be Germany or Greece.

An outsider to the top 5 could be Finland!!!!!!

This post has been edited by JayKay: 30th March 2006, 05:18 PM

+Quote this post
David
post 30th March 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(JayKay @ Mar 30 2006, 05:04 PM) *

Yes, Fabrizio Faniello also represented Malta in 2001 - finished 9th, I think.

I'm really not sure about Croatia. The Eastern part of Europe will definitely vote for it, but I cannot see it receiving top grades from the Western countries. It should be top 5, though.

My guess for a winner would be Germany or Greece.

An outsider to the top 5 could be Finland!!!!!!

Finland have quite a good song, but it's Finland they never do well. sad.gif

+Quote this post
♫ Boyan ♫
post 31st March 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 229

I guess u r missing someyhin' e-motion cuz Elena deserves to be there wub.gif

+Quote this post
Charis
post 2nd April 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Char1s
User: 278

Uk is not doing well in eurovision the last years, not even ireland. I think they should send westlife for eurovision.

+Quote this post
David
post 2nd April 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(char1sma @ Apr 2 2006, 04:26 PM) *

Uk is not doing well in eurovision the last years, not even ireland. I think they should send westlife for eurovision.

You would think that rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Charis
post 2nd April 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Char1s
User: 278

they should send for sure...

+Quote this post
Rob
post 2nd April 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122

QUOTE(char1sma @ Apr 2 2006, 04:26 PM) *

Good lord rolleyes.gif Can you talk about something besides some $h!te talentless singers?

Reckon Sweden's got a fantastic chance this year. They only flopped last year due to a dire song, but did great in 2004 with a fab song (Lena wub.gif). Evighet is just typical Eurovision - starts out tinkly and ballad and then explodes into pop cheer.gif Can't wait for the English version biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
David
post 2nd April 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rob @ Apr 2 2006, 07:24 PM) *

Good lord rolleyes.gif Can you talk about something besides some $h!te talentless singers?

Reckon Sweden's got a fantastic chance this year. They only flopped last year due to a dire song, but did great in 2004 with a fab song (Lena wub.gif). Evighet is just typical Eurovision - starts out tinkly and ballad and then explodes into pop cheer.gif Can't wait for the English version biggrin.gif

I'm lovin Sweden's atm, AMAZING song!!! I've heard the English version too, but it was poor quality and a live performance - I personally like the Swedish version better.

+Quote this post
Rob
post 2nd April 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(David @ Apr 2 2006, 07:27 PM) *

I'm lovin Sweden's atm, AMAZING song!!! I've heard the English version too, but it was poor quality and a live performance - I personally like the Swedish version better.

I'm so glad they got it right this year after last year. I can't believe Nanne lost out last year cry.gif I MUST send you that song! There's a performance on Youtube, for you see just what a FANTASTIC Swedish pop song it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=hall+o...g&v=MUaMSzPvrEY

+Quote this post
David
post 2nd April 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rob @ Apr 2 2006, 07:35 PM) *

I'm so glad they got it right this year after last year. I can't believe Nanne lost out last year cry.gif I MUST send you that song! There's a performance on Youtube, for you see just what a FANTASTIC Swedish pop song it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=hall+o...g&v=MUaMSzPvrEY

I can't get on that site says I have to sign up wacko.gif I can usually see vids on YouTube... was it the Carola song or Nanne's? Not heard Nanne's, but if it's a Swedish woman then it's usually worth hearing! thumbup.gif

+Quote this post
Rob
post 3rd April 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(David @ Apr 2 2006, 09:17 PM) *

I can't get on that site says I have to sign up wacko.gif I can usually see vids on YouTube... was it the Carola song or Nanne's? Not heard Nanne's, but if it's a Swedish woman then it's usually worth hearing! thumbup.gif

It's Nanne's and I can tell you it's well worth registering for! I registered there so I could view Pay TV's Trendy Discotheque (another AMAZING tune that Sweden didn't send last year mad.gif)

+Quote this post
JackJones
post 3rd April 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 15

Nanne's track was very good indeed. I wonder if there really was anyone thinking after Melodifestivalen
that the horrible Las Vegas
track was gonna make even to top ten. And again this year the juries gave the lead for Andreas Johnson.
If chosen, it would have been Las vegas all over again...

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 4th April 2006, 06:36 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I love Evighet-amazing song!!! If UK doesn't win I'm behind Sweden!!!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 4th April 2006, 07:07 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

You can now download a cd quality version of Invincible on the All kinds of everything site. I just did and its fabulous-go Carola!!!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 14th June 2024, 05:59 PM