BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC Re:LOADED V, Live from Windevale, Cadelicia
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Oliver
post 9th September 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

*FANCY GRAPHIC COMING SOON*

President Lauren Dewar would like to welcome you all to Windevale, the capital city of Cadelicia, for the Re:LOADED edition of the 5th Buzzjack Song Contest. We are proud to have been asked to host this, with the hope of this being a practice run for when we eventually win the main contest. kink.gif For this contest there where 27 songs vying for the coveted title, and this was the second contest and the first in a run all the way to BJSC 25 to use a semi-final to whittle down the finalists.

"This was a really weird contest that I had SHIT ALL to do with due to various personal circumstances. There was a slight uptick in participation rates (hence the now hilariously anachronistic semi-final to eliminate three tracks), but all in all there was a feel that the novelty of the concept of BJSC had really worn out its welcome - particularly with there now seeming to be a set idea for what generally constituted a BJSC entry: namely, a long-released track a few people would already know which hadn't really got its fair dues; an album track by an already famous artist; an obscure Europop track; or a twist on an already very well-known track. It wasn't the most inspiring of prescriptions at all.

With that in mind (along with the very tame levels of interest), behind the scenes, the moderators of the BJSC resolved that it was a bit of a chore keeping the thing going on a monthly basis and perhaps it was time to shift down how regularly the thing happened - at first to once every two months. The idea that the contest had a finite existence was definitely at the back of the mind. This was the last truly non-notable contest: purely because of that inessentiality, that would make it seem as if the concept of BJSC was at all questionable. However, to get us to the contest so many know, love and loon over now, it would take a particular member being very enthusiastic about a track they discovered on off-chance on a magazine promo CD after the conclusion of V. On such trivial flights the world turns..." (Qassändra, 2015)

Here is the list of the 27 participants for this contest; to listen to a song just click on the flag next to each country’s name.

01 | | FKA Π: t.A.T.u. - Gomenasai
02 | | Kingdom of Shadow: The Tears - Lovers
03 | | Camtoro: Camila - Todo Cambio
04 | | Rivandia: Yelle - A Cause Des Garçons
05 | | Frahliso: Lauren Rose - Hava Nagila (Baby Let's Dance)
06 | | Utopia: Operator Please - Just A Song About Ping Pong
07 | | Angelicland: Freeform Five - No More Conversations
08 | | Bhangra: The Revelations - If I Called You On The Telephone
09 | | New Lexico: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
10 | | Simondly: En Vogue - Don't Let Go
11 | | Cascadia: BWO - Temple Of Love
12 | | Bokia: Taylor Swift - Teardrops On My Guitar
13 | | Tapatilandia: Enrique Iglesias - Dónde Están Corazón
14 | | Singing Gods Land: Paolo Nutini - These Streets
15 | | Federal Republic of Ashton: Sugababes - Hole In The Head (Live)
16 | | Kylienips: Kosheen - Catch
17 | | Mdiče: Utada - Exodus '04 (Double J Remix)
18 | | Gacktistan: Namie Amuro - What A Feeling
19 | | Farahtyn: Girls Aloud - Je Ne Parle Pas Francais
20 | | Xanaga: M.I.A - Paper Planes
21 | | FSR Rontvia: Sibel Redzep - Make Believe
22 | | Land of Jack: Måns Zelmerlöw - Brother Oh Brother
23 | | Qärenfanghoney: Elena Paparizou - Gigolo
24 | | Järkangel: Ayumi Hamasaki - Mirrorcle World
25 | | Triodopolis: Kate Voegele - Only Fooling Myself
26 | | Leonville: Tokio Hotel - Spring Nicht
27 | | Botanikka: Keyshia Cole - Was It Worth It

Because there were only 3 countries that didn’t qualify for the final in the original contest, we have decided to keep this to one final so that the contest runs smoothly, all songs get a chance to win and to keep to Ryan’s schedule. I’ve changed the country names of countries that still participate, in case any new members don’t recognise the old names of current members. I’ve also given the running order a rejig, just because! laugh.gif

Please PM myself (Gage) with your votes, the traditional Eurovision voting format (12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) will be the one being used. Anyone can vote, so I hope to see some of the regulars filling up my inbox in the next week! You have until Wednesday 16th September at 11:59pm to get your votes in. Results will be start at approximately 8:30pm on Thursday 17th, so I will accept late votes up until that point (because I’m nice) happy.gif.

Countries who have voted:

Cadelicia
Ultraviolenceland
Cor Lupus
Seyetana
Ramrynia
FSR Rontvia
Jadakissnia
Persephonia
Flynnonda
Qärenfanghoney
Unovia
Sandeborg
Ethanola
Land of Jack
FKA Π
Terra Avium
Ojnoj
Danaelanda
Farahtyn

(19)

This post has been edited by Gage: 17th September 2015, 04:56 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 9th September 2015, 09:47 PM
Post #2
Group icon
bye dinner
User: 12,972

Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki AND Utada omg *.*

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th September 2015, 09:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Taylor Swift, Girls Aloud and MIA heart.gif

+Quote this post
Cody Buckley
post 9th September 2015, 09:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

NIRVANA wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 9th September 2015, 09:56 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

For once I'll probably be rooting for something over the token classic (Nirvana), Go Gomenasai for a second win wub.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 9th September 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I bet Exodus will do a LOT better here. Quite right too, especially if we can introduce it to some new people. Hopefully Ayumi too. (what a contest for Asian pop powerhouses! - and with a song winning with vaguely Asian notions too, it's almost like Daehun was here in spirit)

Tough considering how to rank Nirvana and M.I.A, as I don't want them to so easily take my top points and therefore do a boring win, I'll figure out something. From the ones I know definitely the highest quality contest of the first 5.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 9th September 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #7
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

APOLS RYAN I had a job interview so only just saw your PM tonight.

This was a really weird contest that I had SHIT ALL to do with due to various personal circumstances. There was a slight uptick in participation rates (hence the now hilariously anachronistic semi-final to eliminate three tracks), but all in all there was a feel that the novelty of the concept of BJSC had really worn out its welcome - particularly with there now seeming to be a set idea for what generally constituted a BJSC entry: namely, a long-released track a few people would already know which hadn't really got its fair dues; an album track by an already famous artist; an obscure Europop track; or a twist on an already very well-known track. It wasn't the most inspiring of prescriptions at all.

With that in mind (along with the very tame levels of interest), behind the scenes, the moderators of the BJSC resolved that it was a bit of a chore keeping the thing going on a monthly basis and perhaps it was time to shift down how regularly the thing happened - at first to once every two months. The idea that the contest had a finite existence was definitely at the back of the mind. This was the last truly non-notable contest: purely because of that inessentiality, that would make it seem as if the concept of BJSC was at all questionable. However, to get us to the contest so many know, love and loon over now, it would take a particular member being very enthusiastic about a track they discovered on off-chance on a magazine promo CD after the conclusion of V. On such trivial flights the world turns...and once that had happened, then things would start getting really interesting. In many ways, V is a cute curio. After this point, BJSC wasn't a matter of life or death - it was far more important than that.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 9th September 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #8
Group icon
The light will cast me aside
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Oh my gosh so many good'uns here! From quick glance I think 'Exodus' is the one I'll be backing! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 9th September 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
DROTTNING!

I'm also backing Exodus '04. WHAT A TRACK

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 9th September 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Don't worry it was my fault, I should've given you more notice! kink.gif

Thanks for hosting this Oliver, first post looks wonderful with all of the flags! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 9th September 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon

Whoever edited my post to correct the spelling of Simondly, thank you! (I now no longer have the "edited by..." line which I hate) laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Gage: 9th September 2015, 10:15 PM

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 9th September 2015, 10:11 PM
Post #12
Group icon
DROTTNING!

I've had a total old man moment on the realisation this contest was seven and a half years ago. THAT'S LIKE A THIRD OF MY LIFE RIGHT THERE.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 9th September 2015, 10:11 PM
Post #13
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(Gage @ Sep 9 2015, 11:10 PM) *
Whoever edited my post to correct the spelling of Simondly, thank you! (I now know longer have the "edited by..." line which I hate) laugh.gif

It's fine - he never got it right at the time either. And it was his name!

+Quote this post
LexC
post 9th September 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

This contest being the first one I was participating in is making me consider participating in this. I still regularly listen to 'Only Fooling Myself' so that to win please!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th September 2015, 10:21 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

That semi-final *.* Apologies, I was very naive and it was my first time hosting (which I decided to do no prep for and hosted/totted up completely live...major error).

The Sibel song is down there as one of the weakest songs I've ever sent but it's still nice in a Delta b-side sort of way. Still, it's no That Is Where I'll Go...

Lots of great little songs in here <3

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th September 2015, 10:24 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(Gage @ Sep 9 2015, 10:45 PM) *
"However, to get us to the contest so many know, love and loon over now, it would take a particular member being very enthusiastic about a track they discovered on off-chance on a magazine promo CD after the conclusion of V. On such trivial flights the world turns..." (Qassändra, 2015)]

Next month <3 I'm ready.

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 9th September 2015, 10:25 PM

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 9th September 2015, 10:26 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

QUOTE(LexC @ Sep 9 2015, 11:16 PM) *
This contest being the first one I was participating in is making me consider participating in this. I still regularly listen to 'Only Fooling Myself' so that to win please!

That actually came on my shuffle the other day and I forgot where I had it from.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th September 2015, 11:00 PM
Post #18
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

I thought we weren't doing deductions in Re:LOADED any more? (I didn't for IV anyway).

Backing Utopia for another success here wub.gif As well as CHEAP SUPPORT for New Lexico and Xanaga. Hoping to make a few decent discoveries this time since there's more room for them than there was in IV.

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 9th September 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #19
Group icon

Oh I just looked at the rules page. If it hasn't been updated then I'll change it. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th September 2015, 11:09 PM
Post #20
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

By the way what is that image you've used for the Gacktistan flag? (Being as they are one of the countries whose flags have sadly been lost to time).

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd June 2024, 12:55 AM