BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jack Leopards & The Dolphins Club - Look What You Made Me Do, The return of Nils Sjoberg *.* | Featured in Killing Eve
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post May 26 2020, 03:15 PM
Post #1
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I know there's been some discussion in the LWYMMD thread and in the iTunes thread but this deserves its only thread *.*

This cover of Look What You Made Me Do was used in the opening of Killing Eve and Taylor posted about it on twitter

artist praising cover of their song in a TV program? nothing too suspicious about that and just showing appreciation

BUT THEN Swifties went full detective as usual and this has turned into one of my fave things this year *.*

First of all, it was discovered that Jack Leopards & The Dolphins Club, the band behind this cover, didn't exist. Then somebody checked the Spotify credits and it turns out one hit wonder Nils Sjoberg of This Is What You Came For has produced this song. Then the artwork was revealed to be Austin Swift, Taylor's brother, as a child, and that it was Austin on vocals. Taylor confirmed all this through Tumblr likes (ofc) and everything started to add up.

Jack Leopards & The Dolphins Club = Jack (Jack Antonoff, who ofc produced LWYMMD) Leopards (Taylor's outfit in the car scene of the LWYMMD video) & The Dolphins Club (Austin Swift, I think swifts discovered this was a previous twitter username of his or something as well)

So Taylor created a fake new band for this new version of LWYMMD!! And why may you ask, to stop $cooter getting royalties for the songs use in Killing Eve. QUEEN and this truly is beyond clever aha she's played him so well and continuing to make his investment useless. Supposedly the Killing Eve team approached Taylor to use LWYMMD and Taylor came up with this instead!! her mind amazes me. $cooter, look what you made Taylor do *.*

this is top 20 on US iTunes and just outside the top 50 on UK iTunes, and it's actually SUCH a good cover!! I'll post some tweets in post 2 summing up the whole situation, I'm obsessed with this all *.*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 26 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #2
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

my fave tweets from this situation:

+Quote Post
Dexton
post May 26 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #3
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Members
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

She could post a happy birthday message to Queen Latifah on Twitter and somehow her stans would figure out the who/what/where/when of her next single, the date the remix will be released, and how many people were in the studio when she recorded the next song on the album :')

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:48 PM