BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sergej's Year-End Lists of 2018, My top 100 songs of 2018 start now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sergej
post Dec 17 2018, 08:54 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
2. 6ix9ine - GUMMO / FEFE (feat. Nicki Minaj & Murda Beatz)

I know I'm cheating by putting two songs by the same artist, but those are the only songs I've heard from this guy.
And let me make this clear right now, I'm not a guy who swears a lot, I always try to limit my swearing, but I have to make an exception to him.
So, let's get real. f*** 6ix9ine!
XXXTENTACION wishes he could be this horrible! This guy is a child sex offender and his music is cancerous to my ears.
First, let's start of with "GUMMO" and my ears are starting to bleed.
6ix9ine screams, not raps, but SCREAMS on how he going to steal your girlfriend and he uses the N-Word a lot, despite him not being black.
And in "FEFE", he just doesn't care that his music is "good". The lyrics make no goddamn sense, Nicki is useless on this track (aka the best part of this song) and the production by Murda Beatz is terrible, the second worst production I've heard this year, right behind "Berlin Lebt".
Maybe, just maybe, the arrest and possible life imprisonment gives us hope that this guy goes away from music FOREVER!
But you know, what the worst part about this guy is?
He did not make #1!
And I think you should know what topped my HATECHART.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 17 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
1. Lil Dicky - Freaky Friday (feat. Chris Brown)

...where to begin with this abomination of this song? How about the fact that Lil Dicky collaborated with Chris Brown?
Let me repeat that, LIL DICKY COLLABORATED WITH CHRIS BROWN!
That's the equivalent of Adam Sandler collaborating Michael Bay! (If you know about movies)
An unfunny comedian rapper collaborating with one of the worst singers and humans of all time!
And it's also produced by DJ Mustard. Ain't that just a combination of hell or what?
Now I'll give this, the beat is decent and the cameo by DJ Khaled is pretty funny (But I'll get to it later). Okay, that's my 2% of praise out of the way. Now let's get into bashing this thing.
Lil Dicky find himself waking up as Chris Brown and he finds it great (which is BS, because if I found out that I'm Chris Brown, I would be HORRIFIED!) and he says the N-Word 11 times in the FIRST VERSE! I've counted it. But then after the chorus, Chris Brown is Lil Dicky, talking about him not being around the paparazzi and also having the worst lyric I've ever heard in music history: "Ain't Nobody judging 'cause I'm black or my controversial past".
Chris (Yes, I know Lil Dicky raps about it but still)... I have one thing to say to you: ...f*** YOU, YOU STUPID PIECE OF DOGSHIT!!!
Sorry... I had to let it out.
Anyway, moving on, he also talks about wearing blue, despite him being in the "BLOOD" gang, where they only wear red and you know what, it doesn't matter.
Finally, both of them meet at the club, where the worst solution to a body switch comes into fruition: Chris Brown has to love himself.
f*** THIS STUPID IDIOTIC PIECE OF SHIT SONG!
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry... I just HATE this song with a passion!
And just when you thought, it couldn't get any worse, we get cameos from Ed Sheeran (WHY?), DJ Khaled (Even though, like I said his part was the best thing of this song) and worst of all, Kendall Jenner (where Lil Dicky wants to explore her ...you know what and that he will learn to understand the inside of a woman. PLEASE SHOOT ME!).
This song is a huge titanic disaster! Everyone should be ashamed of themselves to ever be a part of this song, cameo or not, this song is incredibly unfunny and the fact, that it became huge PISSES ME OFF!
F**K Lil Dicky, F**K this song and of course F**K Chris Brown!

Phew... I'm exhausted of ripping songs to shred.
Fortunately, that is it for the worst of it. Now let's focus on the good things!
Next time, I'll rank the top 10 artists to watch out in 2019!

+Quote this post
danG
post Dec 17 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #43
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Haha, knew that'd be your #1 and you did not disappoint with that commentary! Chris Brown really needs to FO and I'd be happy to never hear from Lil Dicky again too.

Both of your top 2 are awful, and I'm not too keen on #3 either (though it's the best song of his I've heard).

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Dec 18 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
FEFE is awful, I must admit I like a few of his songs but this was just pointless nonsense.

I have to say, I do love Freaky Friday the song BUT your hate commentary has made my day! Now go meditate tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 18 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(dancember @ Dec 17 2018, 11:30 PM) *
Haha, knew that'd be your #1 and you did not disappoint with that commentary! Chris Brown really needs to FO and I'd be happy to never hear from Lil Dicky again too.

Both of your top 2 are awful, and I'm not too keen on #3 either (though it's the best song of his I've heard).

Knew that you would like my commentary about my worst song of 2018, hopefully Chris Brown will be irrelevant in 2019, HOPEFULLY and if Lil Dicky would disappear too, I'll be glad too!
Very nice that we can agree on my top 3!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 18 2018, 08:10 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(dobbo @ Dec 18 2018, 08:43 PM) *
FEFE is awful, I must admit I like a few of his songs but this was just pointless nonsense.

I have to say, I do love Freaky Friday the song BUT your hate commentary has made my day! Now go meditate tongue.gif

Hello dobbo!
"FEFE" is pointless nonstense through and through.
At least you'd like my commentary and liking my opinion on it, if you like "Freaky Friday" that's fine, I guess.
I'd probably need a break from completing my Year-End Chart, on Friday I'll come back to it, with my top 10 artists who will break out in my chart in 2019.

This post has been edited by sergejdordij98: Dec 18 2018, 08:11 PM

+Quote this post
Calum
post Dec 18 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #47
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
Have to admit I do quite like Freaky Friday. kink.gif Shame to see Meant to Be in the list though. sad.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 19 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
Yeah, 6ix9ine and Freaky Friday are both horrendous.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 21 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Calum @ Dec 18 2018, 10:04 PM) *
Have to admit I do quite like Freaky Friday. kink.gif Shame to see Meant to Be in the list though. sad.gif

You don't have to agree with my opinions, you like "Freaky Friday" and "Meant To Be", that's fine. It's just that I don't like it.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 21 2018, 09:52 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Petivity @ Dec 19 2018, 09:13 PM) *
Yeah, 6ix9ine and Freaky Friday are both horrendous.

Glad we can agree on that!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 21 2018, 10:26 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
My top 10 artists to watch out in 2019
Since 2018 is coming to a close, we'll need to look forward into the future and many promising artists that might blow up in popularity next year, some on this list already did in my chart and some might do it soon!
Last year, when I ranked my top 5 artists to watch out in 2018, I had 4 out of 5 correct as Tom Walker, Cesare Cremonini, Tom Grennan and Sigrid became hitmakers in my charts. Unfortunately Jessie Ware couldn't secure a hit.
So let's see which artists land in my top 10 artists to watch out in 2019! Warning, there will be one artist, who also hits a personal note for me!

10. Dermot Kennedy
Ever since listening to "Power Over Me", his debut single, made me realize how much potential this guy has. Hopefully this man will release his album soon, cause I'll would like to hear more from him.

9. Scotty McCreery
Country has been breaking through in my chart, since "Tequila" by Dan + Shay and "Marry Me" by Thomas Rhett have been successful in my chart and you'll see where they will land in my top 300 best songs of 2018 according to my charts. But right now, one of the most promising country artists for me is Scotty McCreery, what instantly made me like the guy is his voice, he has a great voice for country songs.

8. Freya Ridings
She had a breakthrough with "Lost Without You" and it looks like she isn't slowing down with her recent collaboration with english producer MJ Cole "Waking Up", she might have a huge year coming in 2019.

7. Sam Fender
He won the Critics' Choice Award in the BRIT Awards and the sky is the limit for him. And hopefully he will succeed in my charts next year with many hits.

6. Lewis Capaldi
One of the biggest breakthrough artists from Scotland, currently hitting the top 40 in my chart with his single "Grace".

5. The Night Game
American rock band from Boston, who will probably have a huge impact next year.

4. ROSALIA
She is Known for her modern interpretations of flamenco music and hopefully she will be huge in 2019.

3. Jade Bird
All of the songs thus far are good, but with "Love Has All Been Done Before" she might get a huge year in my personal chart in 2019, mark my words. Jade Bird will be a huge deal coming next year!

2. Tee Lopes
Alright, this one's personal for me, because I'm a huge gamer and I always love video game soundtracks. I also like Sonic Mania and it's soundtrack which was composed by Tee Lopes. Since Tee has a new album out, he might have a huge year in my chart come 2019, just except him to land many hits that are really catchy and fun to listen to. If you want to listen to it, the full album called "Youniverse" is on Youtube right now!
And here's a preview of his new album:

1. Ava Max
Yeah, this should probably not surprise anyone. "Sweet But Psycho" is a banger right now and I currently love it! However, she won't be a one-hit wonder, I except a monumental year for her, like Dua Lipa had in 2017, Ava will rule 2019, hopefully!

This post has been edited by sergejdordij98: Dec 21 2018, 10:28 PM

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 22 2018, 01:38 PM
Post #52
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Yes for Freya Ridings, Sam Fender, Lewis Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, Rosalia and Ava Max

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 22 2018, 02:11 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(SantaDalek32 @ Dec 22 2018, 02:38 PM) *
Yes for Freya Ridings, Sam Fender, Lewis Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, Rosalia and Ava Max

Hello Dalek!
Nice that you like those artists, you can watch out for those artists becoming popular in the next year!
Thank you for your comment!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Dec 22 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Quite a few of my friends are fans of ROSALIA so I'm sure they're hoping the same!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 23 2018, 08:32 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(dobbo @ Dec 22 2018, 04:18 PM) *
Quite a few of my friends are fans of ROSALIA so I'm sure they're hoping the same!

Well, hopefully this will come true, as for my chart she will probably be big there!

+Quote this post
Calum
post Dec 25 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #56
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Dec 21 2018, 09:48 PM) *
You don't have to agree with my opinions, you like "Freaky Friday" and "Meant To Be", that's fine. It's just that I don't like it.

I'm aware this is a hate-chart - I'm simply commenting offering my thoughts on the countdown and haven't questioned your opinions.

Anyway, Dermot Kennedy wub.gif Power Over Me really is a great song! Hopefully we get some more great music from him in 2019!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 26 2018, 08:30 AM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Calum @ Dec 25 2018, 07:40 PM) *
I'm aware this is a hate-chart - I'm simply commenting offering my thoughts on the countdown and haven't questioned your opinions.

Anyway, Dermot Kennedy wub.gif Power Over Me really is a great song! Hopefully we get some more great music from him in 2019!

It's fine, I understand.
Anyway, nice that you like Dermot Kennedy, his single is really great! I hope wie get More music from him!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 26 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #58
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
I'd love to see Lewis Capaldi get a chart hit officially, can't see him being more than a two-hit wonder though :9 Jade Bird is great as well, just hope she releases something a bit different as her new single!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 26 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Petivity @ Dec 26 2018, 12:45 PM) *
I'd love to see Lewis Capaldi get a chart hit officially, can't see him being more than a two-hit wonder though :9 Jade Bird is great as well, just hope she releases something a bit different as her new single!

Hopefully Lewis won't be a two-hit wonder and I have a lot of hope that Jade Bird would be successful, I won't mind something different from her, just like "Love Has All Been Done Before"!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 26 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Hello everyone!
I'm back from the christmas chaos and unfortunately I'm also really sick, but not even the flu would stop me from making my Year-End list here.
So now we're getting into my top 10 artists of the year, basically I'm counting down the success of an artist according to my charts, how well the songs and the albums did (if someone released an album).

So let's start with:
10. Felix Jaehn
Here's someone you think is a two hit wonder were you live, but is massive in my country. Felix Jaehn is a german DJ, who was successful with his remix of OMI's "Cheerleader" and who made a collaboration with Jasmine Thompson on "Ain't Nobody (Loves Me Better)". For me, he is successful in my chart this year. Especially with songs like "Cool" and "Jennie", which are 2 songs who will wind up in my Best hit songs of 2018 list, coming up later. And even if his album has a lot of songs which we heard before (like another artist who will show up here), it's still an enjoyable listening experience.

9. Camila Cabello
I was sceptical when Camila left Fifth Harmony, because like many people I find her as a weak link of the group. But ever since "Crying in the Club" and especially "Havana" was released, that scepticism went away. Even this year I like most of her songs, like "Never Be The Same" and her featuring on Bazzi's "Beautiful". Who knows what will happen next year with her, but let's hope it's for the better.

8. Anne-Marie
Alright, before anyone tried to gang up on me with hate that I like this artist, I say: I get the hate for her. But in my opinion, I find her music enjoyable, even though they aren't as great. I like "Let Me Live", "Don't Leave Me Alone" and while songs like "Friends" and "2002" are generally hated, I listened to those songs a lot during this year.

7. Sigala
The biggest DJ who made an impact in my charts this year, would be Sigala. I played his "Brighter Days" album a lot, when it was released. And his songs have been big in my chart as well, like "Lullaby" and "We Don't Care". And looking right now, "You Don't Know Me" is currently looking to be another big hit in 2019 from him.

6. Nico Santos
Let me introduce you to german born singer-somewriter Nico Santos, who had an amazing year in 2018. His fame started with "Home" featuring german DJ Topic in 2016, where it had it's success. But this year he went big, with "Rooftop" being to breakthrough single and "Safe" being even bigger and his new single "Oh Hello" was successful to sticking in the top 10. Hopefully his rise to success continue in 2019.

5. Alvaro Soler
The biggest foreign country star this year is spanish-german popsinger Alvaro Soler. He is no stranger to success, with "El Mismo Sol" reaching the top 3 in 2015 and his huge success with "Sofia" in 2016, reaching the top 2. For a while it was his biggest single of his career. But then "La Cintura" happened and he debuted at #1. After 3 years of trying to get to #1, he finally did it. And he stuck around with follow-up single "Ella", he released a remix to "La Cintura" with featured spanish singer TINI and Flo Rida and his album was also good, even if it should have been released in the summer time. Let's see what's in store for him in 2019.

4. Jess Glynne
It was really tough, to rank the next 4 artists, considering all had amazing success in 2018 and are genuinely great artists.
But at #4 is Jess Glynne, who made a break since her last single "Ain't Got Far To Go", but in 2018 he returned big starting with a collaboration with Rudimental, Macklemore and Dan Caplen for "These Days", then "I'll Be There" was released from her upcoming second album, followed up by "All I Am", then her album "Always In Between" was released to huge success as well. All of those songs and the album went to #1 and her third single "Thursday" went to the top 10.

3. George Ezra
Just like Jess Glynne, George Ezra returned in 2018 is a bang, even though "Don't Matter Now" was released in 2017, "Paradise" was the huge first hit from his album "Staying At Tamara's", the follow-up "Hold My Girl" was also huge with a re-release last month thanks to the video and finally "Shotgun" became one of his biggest singles and one of the huge summer songs this year. Let's hope his momentum continues in 2019.

2. Calvin Harris
I said last year in my year end list, that I had hoped Calvin would stick to this style in 2018, but it didn't happen, his style changed again. But it's for the better, because "One Kiss" with another artist who made the list (You all know where I'm going with this) became his biggest single of his career, almost breaking The Weeknd's "Can't Feel My Face" 10-week reign at #1 and he followed it up with "Promises" alongside Sam Smith, which was also successful after summer. I'm intrigued where Calvin heads next year.

1. Dua Lipa
And just like clockwork, the top 2 artists from last year became my top 2 artists this year. With Dua being the best artist two years in a row. As you might know, I LOVE Dua Lipa, some might say, I have a huge crush on her... and I do. Even though she wasn't as successful as last year, her success was very huge this year. Starting with "IDGAF" being a big hit in the start of 2018, than came the aforementioned "One Kiss" with Calvin Harris, which wasn't a huge as "New Rules" but still was huge in my charts, her collaboration with Silk City "Electricity" was great too, she helped BLACKPINK getting their first #1 with "Kiss And Make Up" and all of these songs went to #1 in my chart. Hopefully 2019 will be another huge year for her, but unless she made something new, like a new album or single, she won't return to the top spot as the best artist according to my chart.

Coming up next, it's the second-biggest year end list I've made, aside from the top 300 songs of 2018,
My Top 50 albums of 2018!

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:26 AM