BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fever ● Should it have been a single?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Fever
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
Liam.k.
post Oct 5 2019, 07:37 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

'Fever' is one of Kylie's most popular album tracks, regarded by fans as a missed opportunity for a single, which is backed up by the OCC confirming it as one of her best selling album tracks.

What's your opinion on the track? Do you think it would have made a good single? Would you have replaced one of the actual singles for it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 5 2019, 09:21 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Members
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Yes for both BUT for a long long time I felt Fever should have been 4th single instead of CIMW but I dont think the same now, CIMW was a good choice for 4th and Fever could have been the gamble for 5th single.

+Quote Post
McAndrew
post Oct 5 2019, 09:45 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,551
   No Gallery Pics

For me, 'Love Affair' was the single that could have been. CIMW was an unexpected single choice to me. But it made sense given the media coverage of the tour, of which this was a stand out.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 5 2019, 10:00 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

At the time I was shocked CIMW was the 4th single but when I went to the fever tour the live version really got me into the song and think it was the right decision now. Love affair I never saw as a single and still dont but I think many fans expected love affair or fever to be the 4th single. I love the an audience with performance of Fever.

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Oct 5 2019, 10:35 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 632
   No Gallery Pics

No no no nooooo 😂 for me it’s easily one of the worst songs on the album, love affair should have been released instead of come into my world

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: Oct 5 2019, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
pippa
post Oct 5 2019, 10:50 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, it is one of the best and apart from the singles is the best on the album with Fragile just behind it.
It had the potential to be a very good single and very different for Kylie.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 5 2019, 11:57 AM
Post #7
Break the tension
Member No.: 51

I'd probably put it about mid-ranking on the album, I like it a lot and has some quotable lyrics.

I wouldn't change anything about the 4 singles that were chosen, although both this and 'Love Affair' are certainly single material.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 5 2019, 12:02 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(pippa @ Oct 5 2019, 11:50 AM) *
Yes, it is one of the best and apart from the singles is the best on the album with Fragile just behind it.
It had the potential to be a very good single and very different for Kylie.

I love fragile, I know it would be a disaster single but based on song it's my 3rd fave on the album. If fever was single 4 I think back then it might have done slightly better than come into my world.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 5 2019, 12:12 PM
Post #9
Break the tension

'Come Into My World' going top 10 as a 4th single from an album which had done over 1m was such a fantastic achievement.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 5 2019, 01:20 PM
Post #10
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Member No.: 3,217

I wouldn’t have said no to it being the 5th single! I feel like the Fever era could have comfortably been extended into 2003 with further success.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 5 2019, 02:53 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Ya defo and they should have chased a strong re release and pushed it and could have stretched the era further. I feel the same about light years.

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Oct 6 2019, 01:35 AM
Post #12
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

For the first poll, a definite YES, one of the firm highlights of this amazing album & love that it offers something a little different from the dance/pop sound of that era, instead being an awesome funky electro-pop banger with some cool production & fun tongue in cheek lyrics. Like a few of the comments on here - at the time I also wanted this to be the 4th single from "Fever", but glad it didn't as 'CIMW' is far better & has aged better out of the 2, after seeing the live performance of it on the 'Fever' tour, it quickly won me over & kept the sophisticated singles run.

'Fever' was funnily enough going to be a single in Australia only, but was scrapped after 'Come Into My World' became more popular on the tour and was getting released everywhere else anyway, so they decided to release it there instead of the title track.

For the 2nd poll I voted NO, while it is a fantastic song, 'Love Affair' would have been a stronger choice & could have fitted the bill nicely for a 5th possible single. Apparently 'Burning Up' was rumoured to being considered briefly but nothing came of it, as it was felt that after 'CIMW', the era came to a natural end.

However considering how massive this era was I was surprised that they stopped after 4 singles, back then things were different, but in this climate they'd would have definitely pushed out more singles & probably have a re-release with new tracks and kept the era going well into 2003, with 6 singles from the standard version & maybe 1 from the re-release - 7 in total (imagine that).

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Oct 6 2019, 01:58 AM
Post #13
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Posted a fan-made cover for what it may have looked if 'Fever' did get a release (this was the only picture the site had, the rest were for the album).

Just for fun I've posted ones for 'Love Affair' & 'Burning Up', if the era had kept going (the latter was considered while the former is a firm fan fave) & what they could have possibly looked like.

Plz tell me what do u guys think.

This post has been edited by SamJudd: Oct 7 2019, 04:16 PM

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 6 2019, 03:47 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

The love affair cover is excellent, the fever one very good and the burning up one I dont like at all.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Oct 6 2019, 04:01 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 12,472

I think if Fever was released around 2010 and had the same huge success, I reckon there may have been more singles. I'm thinking of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream where there was half a dozen singles (excluding the re-release) and all of them managed to be certified at least Platinum. 'Fever' and 'Love Affair' are two of Kylie's most popular album tracks as far as sales go so both would probably have made great singles, plus 'Burning Up' seemed popular on tour and I think offers something a little different from Kylie. All three could have been big successes in the download era and I'd have loved to have seen what the videos would have been like. I love the futuristic vibe of all four videos that were released.

Regarding the questions, I think the standard of the album is consistently high but 'Fever' is a great song and definitely has a single quality about it.

+Quote Post
tommie
post Oct 6 2019, 04:55 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

QUOTE(Medellíam @ Oct 6 2019, 04:01 AM) *
I think if Fever was released around 2010 and had the same huge success, I reckon there may have been more singles. I'm thinking of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream where there was half a dozen singles (excluding the re-release) and all of them managed to be certified at least Platinum. 'Fever' and 'Love Affair' are two of Kylie's most popular album tracks as far as sales go so both would probably have made great singles, plus 'Burning Up' seemed popular on tour and I think offers something a little different from Kylie. All three could have been big successes in the download era and I'd have loved to have seen what the videos would have been like. I love the futuristic vibe of all four videos that were released.

I'm not so sure about that to be honest - Kylie's always been rather fast with moving on to the next album even when she has a successful album. I mean, she started her career at the end of the 80s when people like Janet was releasing single after single. I imagine that even if she had a hugely successful album in the download era there's just no way she'd stretch it for two+ years like Katy did with Teenage Dream; she even skipped In Your Eyes as a single in the US to avoid having the campaign go further despite it being a potential low effort release.

This post has been edited by tommie: Oct 6 2019, 04:56 AM

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 6 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Ya kylie never maximized albums like many other artists have done, both fever and light years could have been pushed much further, Katy Perry teenage dream is a good example and ellie goulding also done a great job, its also like both kylie and enjoy yourself albums could have been stretched to the 5 singles also and could have got top 10 hits. Golden surprisingly is the only time she has gone with a 5th single and the last single was the third most successful from the 5.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Oct 7 2019, 01:29 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Kylie with re-releasing and packages has never truly got handled to the maximum potential.
The Kylie Christmas Snow Queen for example did offer value but the promotion let it down.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 7 2019, 01:43 PM
Post #19
Break the tension

QUOTE(pippa @ Oct 7 2019, 02:29 PM) *
Kylie with re-releasing and packages has never truly got handled to the maximum potential.
The Kylie Christmas Snow Queen for example did offer value but the promotion let it down.

I mean, she released a single from it and got some high-profile performances like on X-Factor. I don't know if there's much more they could have done to make people interested in a re-release of that album, even I pretty much ignored it.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Oct 7 2019, 03:42 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

In the promotion slots i can remember the new edition getting a mention.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:44 PM