BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> OSCARS 2017: Best Visual Effects & Cinematography
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 20th February 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

The nominees are:
Deepwater Horizon – Craig Hammeck, Jason Snell, Jason Billington, and Burt Dalton
Doctor Strange – Stephane Ceretti, Richard Bluff, Vincent Cirelli, and Paul Corbould
The Jungle Book – Robert Legato, Adam Valdez, Andrew R. Jones, and Dan Lemmon
Kubo and the Two Strings – Steve Emerson, Oliver Jones, Brian McLean, and Brad Schiff
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – John Knoll, Mohen Leo, Hal Hickel, and Neil Corbould

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

The nominees are:
Arrival – Bradford Young
La La Land – Linus Sandgren
Lion – Greig Fraser
Moonlight – James Laxton
Silence – Rodrigo Prieto

What do you think will win? What would you like to win? How many of these have you seen so far? What are you sad about missing the cut? Discuss anything you like!!

Other discussions
Best Picture
Best Lead Actress
Best Lead Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Director
Best Animated Film
Best Original & Adapted Screenplay
Best Original Song & Score

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th February 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

In terms of visual effects, I think it surely will be and definitely should be The Jungle Book for creating such realistic animals and making them the focal point of the film, never could've been achieved years ago but they've mastered it and it looked fantastic. My other choice would probably be Rogue One for pretty much resurrecting people but I've seen it get a fair bit of criticism even though I thought the effects were fantastic there.

For cinematography, I imagine it will be yet another one to add to La La Land's collection on the night (or Moonlight which had interesting cinematography so I'd be pleased for that to win). My personal choice would be Silence though, it was a long film but it was very well made and definitely deserved more appreciation at this year's awards season. Each image in the film was absolutely gorgeous though it would definitely be my pick even though it is probably rather unlikely.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:53 AM