BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Sweetener / Thank U, Next Tour, UK, European & North American dates announced
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post Sep 16 2019, 01:56 AM
Post #121
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
I had such an amazing night and thought the show was wonderful. Barring a sea of phones I could actually see everything pretty well. I thought the staging was pretty cute too kink.gif

The only real possible weakness I can point to is that Ariana is obviously not a very comfortable dancer and such if I compare the choreography tonight to the Blackpink show I saw a few months back there’s a massive notable difference in quality. However she’s such an outstanding vocalist that it doesn’t really matter.

Disappointing to hear that Breathin wasn’t one of your favourites Jonjo as it was easily the highlight of my night and the video I shared on twitter.

I’m already thinking about the next time I get to see her. I hope it’s not too far away laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Sep 16 2019, 02:48 AM
Post #122
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
I enjoyed the show! heart.gif

So many moments vocally... I think she's improved since 2017 (and she was already incredible then)! wub.gif

It was a strong set list too. Break Your Heart Right Back was a major highlight for me. wub.gif I can't fault any inclusions - even songs I'm not hugely enthused about like R.E.M. & Make Up, I actually really enjoyed hearing. Admittedly I was a little disappointed that In My Head was only a video interlude, it's low key one of my favourites from thank u, next. Also I wish she'd done full length versions of Everytime, Break Free & Into You. All 3 songs are incredible for me, but they felt way too fleeting!

I think the only song I really missed was One Last Time... but I already knew it was removed from her show a long time ago, so I was prepared for that, and I understand why it's not included. I had thought she'd do Boyfriend, given that Social House were there (right? Bal & I only arrived during Ella Mai, but Social House were another support weren't they?). I can't say I hugely missed Boyfriend because it's not a massive fave of mine, but I had thought that maybe seeing it live would potentially help it click for me.

I would probably agree that visually speaking/staging was rather minimal. The screen visuals were very pretty at times, but overall... I think there's room for improvement in future tours for her to create a show that has more of a visual impact.

When it comes to not seeing Ariana very well, I would have to echo that. A sea of arms/phones up in the air is kind of inevitable but at other shows I've been too I haven't struggled as much to peep the artist! I have a height advantage of being 6 foot 2 and yet I still struggled to see her at certain points in the show, so I can imagine anyone shorter than me or further back than me must have seen less than I did. It makes me wonder whether the staging was too low? Idk~

When I could see Ariana though, she absolutely does radiate star power. wub.gif

Overall... a great night! heart.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Sep 16 2019, 11:11 AM
Post #123
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Sep 16 2019, 03:48 AM) *
I had thought she'd do Boyfriend, given that Social House were there (right? Bal & I only arrived during Ella Mai, but Social House were another support weren't they?). I can't say I hugely missed Boyfriend because it's not a massive fave of mine, but I had thought that maybe seeing it live would potentially help it click for me.

Yeah, Social House opened the show but they were only on stage for about 10 minutes. I was expecting Boyfriend after that too. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Sep 16 2019, 03:14 PM
Post #124
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
I enjoyed Saturday but her music isn't really my style. I hardly knew any of the songs (although there were a few which I knew, but didn't know they were hers laugh.gif ). And the one song that I did know, she didn't do, but of course I understand why.

The staging was ok but the lighting made it hard to take photos. My other criticism was that she didn't seem to interact with the crowd much, it was just song after song after song.

While I probably wouldn't go to see her again, I did enjoy the show. She is very talented and has amazing vocals and so much energy.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Sep 19 2019, 07:03 AM
Post #125
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
Tonight! 😍

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 19 2019, 10:05 PM
Post #126
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Hope you had a good time Theo!

(So cool to read about all of your experiences btw guys)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 19 2019, 10:24 PM
Post #127
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Pressure is on you now *.*

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Sep 20 2019, 01:02 PM
Post #128
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
The show was absolutely incredible! Obviously I knew her vox were incredible from seeing (hearing) her at Manchester Pride but I really wasn't expecting her to put on such a show staging/choreography wise. The staging for the opening with the Last Supper theme was genius and worked really well, it made me really appreciate God is a woman which I have always found to be the most overrated single of hers. The moons were obviously visually incredible too

I'm not sure what my highlight would be but I'm so glad that she performed Into You, although the crowd where I was standing were not as there for it as they were with some of the lesser known tracks, which was annoying laugh.gif

When she stopped for the crowd to cheer after Side to Side was probably my favourite moment, the love for her was absolutely amazing to witness

Finally I loved the appreciation of her LGBT fanbase during the encore! It was a really nice, simple message wub.gif Definitely one of my favourite gigs that I've been to and quite an impressive setlist overall - covering album tracks from all(?) of her albums is not something that many pop artists would be able to do

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Sep 20 2019, 04:38 PM
Post #129
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I’m distraught I didn’t go to a single show sad.gif

I really hope there’s a dvd or like a streaming of one of the shows put up on Netflix or Apple Music or something.

I just don’t have any friends who Stan her and I felt scared going alone although now I’m going to see Xtina alone so in hindsight I really could’ve went alone laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 4 2019, 05:13 PM
Post #130
Group icon
Alone and wounded
My tickets arrived today!! wub.gif clear bag from her merch store also turned up the other day. Cannot wait for the 15th!

(I would love a DVD too Jordan. Lately I've been watching previous tours on YouTube that fans have filmed, but it would be great to have HQ footage on an actual DVD)

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 11 2019, 10:10 AM
Post #131
Group icon
Alone and wounded

I'm intrigued about what the slight change will be at post-European leg shows!

I heard that she cut out 'Successful' the other night, it's my least favourite 'Sweetener' song so I won't be mad if she does it again at my show on Tuesday kink.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Oct 11 2019, 12:14 PM
Post #132
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jade @ Oct 11 2019, 11:10 AM) *

I'm intrigued about what the slight change will be at post-European leg shows!

I heard that she cut out 'Successful' the other night, it's my least favourite 'Sweetener' song so I won't be mad if she does it again at my show on Tuesday kink.gif

Christmas songs?

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 13 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #133
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Ooh that's a great guess! Especially as her festive song with Idina is out very soon.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Oct 13 2019, 06:31 PM
Post #134
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
I hear she has included Tattooed Heart now? That really is A MOMENT. When I saw her during the Honeymoon tour I was in tears during it.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 13 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #135
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Aw wub.gif keeping everything crossed that she'll keep that in for my show on Tuesday, one of my favourites from that album!

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 15 2019, 09:29 AM
Post #136
Group icon
Alone and wounded
TODAY!!! Cannot wait to see her wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 16 2019, 09:31 AM
Post #137
Group icon
Alone and wounded
I had a great time last night wub.gif

- She has always come across as a superb vocalist during live performances on tv and YouTube, but there’s nothing quite like experiencing that voice in real life, she was phenomenal - got chills during some of the big moments (e.g. towards the end of ‘God is a woman’ and ‘Dangerous Woman’)
- She indeed performed ‘Tattooed Heart’ at my show and that felt like a special moment <3
- ‘no tears left to cry’ was my overall highlight, her vocals were beautiful throughout and I loved the homage to the video with the umbrella choreography and the ethereal intro of the song wub.gif
- I was living for the opening double of ‘raindrops (an angel cried)’ to ‘God is a woman’ and felt even more salty about the ‘Sweetener’ track list as a result laugh.gif
- Pretty much every song that involved the Sweetener tour rings lighting up (we were given these for free at the arena) popped off! ‘7 rings’, ‘Break Free’, ‘Side To Side’, ‘NASA’ and ‘sweetener’ in particular worked so well in a live setting out of the uptempos <3
- I love that the set-list included something from every era!
- I was very much here for the interludes - Adore wub.gif in my head wub.gif and this was the first time I’ve ever heard her cover of ‘My Heart Belongs To Daddy’ and I loved it - so classy!
- I loved how spacey the visuals throughout were, although I do understand comments here about the staging dwarfing her a little, that and the glaring omission of ‘One Last Time’ (although of course I respect Ari’s decision) were the only flaws for me
- They blasted ‘Don’t Call Me Angel’ in the arena before Ariana’s set *.*

Really good experience, I would see her live again in a heartbeat! Shame that no programmes were a part of this tour, but I did pick up two t-shirts - a black one that says ‘thank u, next!’ and has images from the ‘7 rings’ video on it, plus the ‘thank u, sweet’ shirt with the split colours design.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Oct 16 2019, 10:44 AM
Post #138
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
I was there last night too. Couldn’t get over how incredible her voice was throughout. I knew she was an amazing vocalist but hearing it love just confirmed how much of a powerhouse she really is. Can’t imagine doing that for 80 nights...

Highlights for me were Dangerous Woman, God is a woman, The Light is Coming (!), 7 Rings and thank u next, which was such a perfect closer. Loved the sweetener rings so much, such a great touch. Already looking forward to the next tour now.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Oct 16 2019, 11:14 AM
Post #139
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I'm glad you both had a good time wub.gif

Although I am quite jealous we never got any Sweetener rings sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 16 2019, 02:03 PM
Post #140
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Oh how cool that you were also there last night, Cremey *.* + thanks Lewis heart.gif

I had just presumed that the Sweetener rings were a part of every show ohmy.gif here is a good quality video of them lighting up during 'the light is coming':

Also at the tour yesterday I saw a couple of girls being filmed talking about the concert, plus others have said they were, e.g. this tweet:

So perhaps some kind of documentary or tour movie is coming?

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:08 PM