BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Wonderstruck, Directed by Todd Haynes, starring Julianne Moore, Michelle Williams
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 10th May 2017, 09:45 AM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

First stills have arrived for this and I'm really impressed by the make-up on Julianne Moore, looks really realistic! From the director of Carol & Far From Heaven too. I'd say this is probably my most hyped 'awards' movie of this year! Hoping to read the book too biggrin.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th July 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:

Not the most going on plot wise in the trailer but it looks absolutely STUNNING and I'm a big fan of 'Far From Heaven' and 'Carol' so I have high hopes with Haynes directing. I love the idea of seeing how these two stories develop over the course of the film.

I recently ordered the book on Amazon last week so I'm excited to read it when I'm on holiday next month. I think it's going to be the first one I make sure I read, very excited for it!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 31st August 2017, 09:53 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:

Finished reading the book today and really enjoyed it. It's surprisingly short for a 600+ page book (took about two hours to read) so I'd recommend it if you don't have that much free time to kill. The story is told really interestingly with Ben's part of the story told in words whilst Rose's part of the story is told in just illustrations hence why it takes so little time to read the whole thing heehee.gif

I adored how the two stories linked towards the end which is when things got the most exciting. I can imagine the ending is going to be very touching on-screen so I can't wait for this film now. Julianne Moore is going to kill it as older Rose in the final act cry.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th September 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:

The book was such a magical read so I'm very excited to see it adapted to the big screen. I feel like a lot of hype has vanished for this now which is a shame but I'm still holding on to a bit of hope that this can be a decent awards hit too sad.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:47 AM