BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack's Top Horror Films Of All Time: The Results, FINISHED | Come Check it Out & Comment!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Jun 4 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #121
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Omg I remember seeing that Dark Shadows film with a group of friends and thinking it was dreadul. The only thing I remember is Helena going down on one of the characters laugh.gif Isn't there some weird sex scenes where they're throwing each other against the walls too?!? laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Jun 4 2017, 09:49 AM
Post #122
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I have caught up and Silence Of The Lambs and Dawn of The Dead are amazing:wub:

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 8 2017, 04:21 PM
Post #123
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Dark Shadows was really fun, Eva Green was fab! <3

Did I send out the next batch to anyone, if I didn't please PM me if you are interested in hosting! (I'll try and help out a bit here as well after my exams!!)

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Jun 12 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #124
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Dark Gardens was an all right horror film.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 28 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #125
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(UltraGreenLight @ Jun 8 2017, 05:21 PM) *
Dark Shadows was really fun, Eva Green was fab! <3

Did I send out the next batch to anyone, if I didn't please PM me if you are interested in hosting! (I'll try and help out a bit here as well after my exams!!)

offer still there xx

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 18 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #126
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
This is gonna finish over the half term!

Some hype plz after all this time would be great laugh.gif what do u guys think will win?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 18 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #127
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I'm thinking it will actually be 'The Exorcist' which wins!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Oct 19 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #128
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
What were the films revealed on the list so far?

+Quote this post
Severin
post Oct 19 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #129
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
In any sane world The Exorcist should win

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 23 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #130
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
50. An American Werewolf In London

233pts (More Top 10's) | 1981 | UK
Top 20's: JONJO (#7)

Two young American men, David Kessler (Naughton) and Jack Goodman (Dunne), are attacked by a werewolf on a backpacking holiday in England.

Up next is John Landis' Horror Comedy that featured many cameos from famous directors/actors and won an Oscar for Make-Up with the transformation effects receiving heavy praise! The film features an upbeat soundtrack that makes many references to the moon and the film grossed over $30m at the box office and has a great 89% rating on RT. The film also won two Saturn awards and scored a further two nominations. There has been a sequel, a radio adaptation and a rumoured remake since this films release!

I haven't ever seen this and tbh I wanna check out a lot more films before seeing this!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 23 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #131
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
49. The Orphanage

238pts | 2007 | Spain
Top 20's: JAKEWILD #1

The plot centers on Laura, who returns to her childhood home, an orphanage. Laura plans to turn the house into a home for disabled children, but after an argument with Laura, Simón is found to be missing.

Up next is the debut feature of Spanish filmmaker J.A. Bayona and he wanted to capture the feel of 1970's Spanish cinema. The film opened at the Cannes Film Festival & received critical acclaim and won seven Goya Awards, as well as scoring a further 7 nominations there! The film was also a massive box office success, grossing $78m from a $4m budget & the film was submitted for Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars but failed to score a nomination. New Line Cinema bought the rights to an English remake which hasn't happened yet and the film has a successful 87% rating on RT + The Orphanage was listed by many critics in their top 10 lists of 2007.

This is a film I rly need to see! It looks really intriguing and I've loved the director's English-language films (The Impossible & A Monster Calls)

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 23 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #132
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
oh I was gonna start this tonight actually, but for the best as I haven't actually seen a lot of these films lower down kink.gif

An American Werewolf... I'll always remember for that extremely abrupt ending, it still kinda confuses me mellow.gif very entertaining film though.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 23 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #133
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
48. Poltergeist

243pts | 1982 | USA
Top 20's: SEVERIN #13, JONJO #20

Set in a California suburb, the plot focuses on a family whose home is invaded by malevolent ghosts that abduct the family's younger daughter.

Up next is the film directed by Tobe Hooper & produced by Spielberg (but a clause in his contract meant he couldn't direct another movie whilst he was directing ET) and was the 1st + most successful entry in the Poltergeist franchise. The film was a major critical & commercial success and was the 8th highest grossing film of 1982. The film has gained a cult following, scored 3 Oscar noms and Chicago Film Critics Association named it the 20th scariest film ever. There are claims that Spielberg directed more of the film than Hooper did & the film won a BAFTA for Best Visual Effects. The film was initially rated R but an appeal saw it get a PG rating and is considered by many a classic of the horror genre.

Another classic I haven't seen and need to watch messT

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 23 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #134
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
47. The Purge

245pts | 2013 | USA
Top 20's: CODY #12, UV #16

A family is held hostage during "The Purge," which is a 12-hour time period where all illegal acts are de-criminalized.

Up next is the film directed by James DeMonaco and was one of the first big hits of the Blumhouse era that is still dominating horror today! The film received mixed reviews but was a commercial success, grossing a massive $90m from just a $3m budget!! It was the lowest budget film to top the box office since 1988 and started 'The Purge' franchise which has had two sequels to date so far with a TV series (I think?) and a 4th film coming next year. The film stars Ethan Hawke and Game of Thrones Lena Headey and has a 37% rating on RT. The film was a theme in the 2013 edition of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Hollywood and the 2014 edition at Universal Orlando as well as being featured in the Orlando park in 2015 again! The film has been referenced numerous times in an episode of Rick & Morty and the comedy film Meet The Blacks spoofs The Purge.

SOMETHING I HAVE SEEN AT LAST!!! Such a good film and so underrated sad.gif The acting is solid and the story is really good and ofc the premise is genius. This is the weakest of the three for me though!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 23 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #135
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
46. The Mist

246pts | 2007 | USA
Top 20's: HARRY #15, SEVERIN #19

The plot revolves around members of the small town of Bridgton, Maine who, after a severe thunderstorm causes the power to go out the night before, meet in a supermarket to pick up supplies. While they struggle to survive an unnatural mist which envelops the town and conceals vicious, Lovecraftian monsters, extreme tensions rise among the survivors.

Up next is Frank Darabont's third Stephen King adaptation (after Shawshank & The Green Mile) and the film did very well at the box office (tripling its budget) and received generally positive reviews. Darabont wanted to shoot the film in black and white; while the film's cinematic release was in colour, the blu-ray edition was in black & white print. The film has a 73% rating on RT and Bloody Disgusting ranked it 4th on their top 20 films of the decade, and the film was nominated for three Saturn awards. A TV series based on The Mist aired this year.

I really need to see this, sounds so good & I love Stephen King adaptations!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 23 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #136
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
45. The Purge: Anarchy

252pts | 2014 | USA
Top 20's: UV #8

Anarchy takes viewers out to the Los Angeles area and shows more of what happens to the surroundings during the Purge.

Up next is the follow-up to The Purge, with James DeMonaco returning as director. The film had pretty much an entirely new cast to the previous film and received mixed reviews but many critics noted that it was a big step up from the first film in terms of quality. Anarchy was another massive box office hit, grossing $111m off an $11m budget and despite opening $5m less than its predecessor in America, it grossed $7m more in the long-run which is very rare for a horror sequel! The film has a 56% rating on RT and was part of Halloween Horror Nights.

This is my favourite of The Purge franchise to date, I loved the cast and the plot gelled way better with the concept in this film as going into the outside world and seeing people caught in the streets during The Purge was way more interesting and original than a home invasion thriller. This kept me on hooks throughout the whole film and I was scared as f*ck at some parts! A fab horror film and I'm glad this made the top 50 <3

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 23 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #137
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
That's it from me tonight! glad we are finally kicking this off again *.*

QUOTE(Cursed Wombat @ Oct 23 2017, 09:33 PM) *
oh I was gonna start this tonight actually, but for the best as I haven't actually seen a lot of these films lower down kink.gif

oops messT! kink.gif I'm not going to do anymore tonight though if you want to do some later tonight! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Oct 23 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #138
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Poltergeist is a great horror classic

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 24 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #139
Group icon
I'll do 43-41 now as I'm not around for the first part of this evening, feel free to do some more later, Sam!

(Poltergeist is indeed great heart.gif)

-x-

43. Insidious (2011)

261 Points | Highest Votes: #7 (UV)

IMDb: 6.8/10
Rotten Tomatoes: 66%

Summary: Saw franchise veterans James Wan and Leigh Whannell team with Paranormal Activity writer/director Oren Peli to give the familiar haunted house story an exciting new twist with this tale of a family that moves into an old house and begins to suspect they are under siege from otherworldly forces when their young son inexplicably falls into a deep coma. As devoted parents Josh (Patrick Wilson) and Renai (Rose Byrne) struggle in vain to uncover the root cause of their son's condition, the stress of the situation gradually begins to take its toll on their once-strong relationship. Later, when darkness falls and spectres appear to reach out for them from the shadows, the frightened parents realise they're dealing with powers beyond human comprehension.

Thoughts: Another one of those 'creepy possessed child' films with for sure lots of classic creeping-through-the-house-at-night-and-something-menial-falls-over-but-its-made-to-look-scary sequences. I always get this and Sinister mixed up thanks to similar names :') but I think I actually preferred this one (though you disagreed, that is still to come ;o). Was suitably creepy and quite gripping to make up for it's familiarity, the only issue I had was the final act where it just got silly with all the devil and weird apparitions that came out, the first two thirds though are very solid. Definitely worth a watch if you're into the Paranormal Activity/Conjuring kind of films.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 24 2017, 02:09 PM
Post #140
Group icon
42. Final Destination 3 (2006)

261 Points | Highest Votes: Cody #3, Harry #9

IMDb: 5.8/10
Rotten Tomatoes: 43%

Summary: Death once again shows he's determined to get what he wants in this teen-centric thriller. Wendy (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) is a high school student hanging out with her friends at an amusement park one night when they decide to ride on the roller coaster. Wendy, however, has a premonition that something horrible will happen, and finds a way to save herself shortly before the ride goes off the rails, killing most of its passengers, including her boyfriend, Jason (Jesse Moss), and best friend, Carrie (Gina Holden). However, while Wendy may have survived the night at the park, she soon discovers that a malevolent spirit is following her and her classmates as they begin dying in strange and horrible ways. Wendy learns that a series of snapshots taken that evening give clues to the mayhem that followed her pals, and she teams up with Kevin (Ryan Merriman), Carrie's sweetheart, to try to warn the potential victims about the fates soon to befall them. Final Destination 3 was directed and co-scripted by James Wong, who also helmed the first two films in the franchise.

Thoughts: I've never seen any of these films so don't have any to share oops, apparently a standard teen slasher series quite gruesome in nature with a hell of a lot of gory deaths, although with Death itself as the antagonist, which does seem pretty cruel, albeit probably a bit TOO gory for my tastes. I'm not sure what makes this film stand out in particular amongst them, but you've voted it your second favourite behind the original which is still to come ;o

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:45 AM