BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: Demi Lovato Singles Rate
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 4th August 2017, 11:39 AM
Post #41
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

11th NO PROMISES 7.22

UK peak: #18 (Silver)
US peak: #68
Highest score: 11 (Joseph)
Lowest score: 2 (darkstar79)

Just missing out on the top 10, personally I'd have put it missing the top 20 oops. I still gave it 7 but it's her weakest single for me, mostly because the Cheat Codes guy has about as exciting a voice as Drew from The Chainsmokers... I also find the "na na" chorus quite annoying. Maube the way I'm talking about it I should have given it less than 7, but it's done. Demi sounds good on it at least. Anyway this got fairly good scores across the board by and large. It was a fair sized UK hit, peaking at #18, but didn't fare as well in the US.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 4th August 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Demi actually makes No Promises for me with her verses. Made In The USA is good to an extent but her UK chart peak sums up my love for it. It's a bit too repetitive in the verses for one.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 4th August 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #43
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Made In The USA is unbearably cheesy for me drama.gif I've always felt it was really generic and Demi just adds nothing to it sadly. One of the rare occasions I thought a flop in the charts was actually justified.

No Promises is much more like it (plus it's still gaining in the US so could end up a hit in the next couple months)!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th August 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #44
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

10th BODY SAY 7.44

UK peak: #188
US peak: #84
Highest score: 10 (Joe, all is vanity., NickF1, Tim)
Lowest score: -1 (Tombo)

Kicking the top 10 is Demi's lowest peaking solo single in the US and UK that actually charted, perhaps due an odd release strategy where it was a streaming exclusive for 2 weeks but who knows? This is a fab song either way, Demi wanted to do more R&B leaning stuff for a while and this sexy slow jam was totally the right way to do. It's got sort of dance ballad instrumentation mixed with "bedroom beats", and her voice is perfect on this as she keeps it smooth and sexy away from her usual power as that would wreck this song.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th August 2017, 11:51 AM
Post #45
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

9th SOMEBODY TO YOU 7.75

Highest score: 10 (Joe, cqmerqn, Joseph, billy, Tombo)
Lowest score: 1 (darkstar79)
UK peak: #4 (Silver)
US peak: #110

Another feature out now, the 2nd highest which means the recently released Instruction is the highest feature! This pop-rock track is nothing groundbreaking or special, but it's probably my 2nd fave feature behind Instruction. For one, its the only good Vamps song (well I guess All Night is ok in a "wouldn't change the station if it was on the radio" way, but mostly Demi sounds so good on it and fits really well with the voices of the boys. It's just a sweet, uplifting song that doesn't try to be anything more than that. It was a UK hit, helped out by the fanbases of both acts for sure but it also always seemed like an obvious hit.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 5th August 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #46
Group icon

Body Say never really did anything for me :shrug: STY is actually my fave Vamps song I think and I kinda wish Demi had a bigger toe on it!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 6th August 2017, 11:43 AM
Post #47
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

8th INSTRUCTION 7.90

Highest score: 10 (Liam, Jack, Harry, Jonjo, Rob S, Burbe, Ryan, Tim)
Lowest score: 0 (Josh)
UK peak: #22 (so far)
US peak: N/A

The highest collab and the highest song without an 11! Instruction is one of two current single for Demi, and a collab with English producer Jax Jones and London rapper Steflon Don. From the first listen this was an instant hit and an absolute banger, with bags of attitude and a catchy hook that you can't help but feel empowered listening to and singing alongside. Like on Body Say, I feel that Demi adapts her voice to something different really well here, this time turning into a defiant sass queen who knows she is the shit *.*

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 6th August 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #48
Group icon

Surprised it didn't get an 11 actually despite it being one of the hottest new releases on the forum recently ohmy.gif

It's a jam for sure but I'm not obsessed with it. Some have said Demi's vocals sound a little different to her usual in this song so perhaps that's why it didn't reach the top 10 here. But to be fair it's not her own song and it's dance not pop.

This post has been edited by Spynz Munich: 6th August 2017, 12:20 PM

+Quote this post
Regina
post 6th August 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

No major loses yet, which is good.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 6th August 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #50
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Somebody to You in the top 10 wub.gif not my favourite Vamps single but everything they do is gold. No Promises just missing out is a shame, but it's higher than I anticipated actually. I was surprised at how well Demi and Trevor's voices go together (sadly this wasn't replicated in live performances where she outsung him with ease oop). One of the songs of the year for me anyway.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 6th August 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

7th NEON LIGHTS 8.23

UK peak: #15
US peak: #36 (Platinum)
Highest score: 11 (Andrew)
Lowest score: -1 (Jade)

Ok this was a bit ridic how tf is this top 10? I did give it 7.5/10 (generous in itself but I find my scoring is always generous for my faves I stan lol) but it's so basic and generic, I know she's never been an alt-metal queen or anything too drastic but it just doesn't suit her imo, it's one of the times I agree with people who say she is screechy. It was totally trend chasing and never should have been a single (actually it's my least fave on her self titled album too which is an all time fave). It got fairly good scores across the board though so hence is 7th here, after being a solid hit both sides of the Atlantic.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 6th August 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #52
Group icon

That blasphemy Jade :/

Neon Lights is a fave, I especially love how she holds those notes in the chorus music.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 6th August 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #53
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I don't get the hype behind Instruction at all, it's really cringey and not catchy either for me. The one thing I actually quite like about is the music video which everyone seems to hate laugh.gif

I like Neon Lights too so I'm glad it's high here, would probably get a similar placing on my ranking. It is a bit generic but it goes OFF when you play it loud and therefore it's one of my favourite Demi bangers music.gif

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 6th August 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Neon Lights is actually quite good

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 6th August 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

6th Skyscraper 8.47 (less 11s)

UK peak: #7 (Silver)
US peak: #10 (Platinum)
Highest score: 11 (Liam, Jack, Spadam, Josh)
Lowest score: -1 (Shaphne)

This lost top 5 on a tiebreak </3 It's Demi at her best wub.gif This sounds cringey but this is one of those songs that just means so much to me and got me through shit. It's just stunning, from the lyrics to her incredibly vulnerable vocals. Demi sings this perfectly with her voice cracking which shows the fragility expressed in the lyrics of the song. It came out at the start of what I'd say is possibly the worst period of my life, and was the end of dark times for Demi and showed her coming out the other side. It's among my top 10 songs of all time wub.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 6th August 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #56
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

See I can understand why people find the vocal of Skyscraper OTT and screechy, but I absolutely adore it. It's the song that got me into Demi and remains one of her best wub.gif

Neon Lights is a bop and a half too.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 6th August 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Neon Lights is her worst single

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 6th August 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #58
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

I love 'Neon Lights, one of my favourites along with 'Body Say' and 'Cool for the Summer.
Actually surprised at 'Skyscraper' only being 6, I thought that might've won!

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 6th August 2017, 11:17 PM
Post #59
Group icon

I'm gonna cry now just saying. sob.gif

+Quote this post