BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feed Your Love - Opinions Poll!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Feed Your Love - Opinions Poll
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 44
Guests cannot vote 
-Jay-
post Jul 11 2021, 05:53 PM
Post #1
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

cool2.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tommie
post Jul 11 2021, 06:03 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

I mean, should it have been included on the Spice album instead of something else or should Spice have been expanded a track?

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Jul 11 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

YAY I'm here for the discourse on Feed Your Love cheer.gif Let's keep it clean girlies teresa.gif

I am pretty sure that most of what I am writing here is due to the emotional factor of having a brand new old Spice song released. We trully deserve this and more after waiting for so long!!

Honestly, I love it. The song is great and even if it is clearly unfinished/unpolished, I think they did a really great job with it. Bare in mind that this was pretty much achieved (written, recorded) in a day, which is pretty impressive.

It's a great reminder of how classy and moody the girls could be whilst throwing in baggages of sex in the mix. It reminds me of Janet Jackson's sound. It is obviously not Top Tier Spice Girls, but it's a cute addition to the catalogue, in my opinion. Certainly better than a few album tracks (hey Do It!).

Mel B really suits this, and you can tell why she is the lead. She sounds devine for such a young singer w00t.gif

I think if it was a bit more worked on, it could have easily ended up on the album, probably before or after Naked although that might have slowed down the album quite a lot. It definitely should have been at least a bside though!

I certainly dont see how this is too 'rude' to be on the album. Like, 2 Become 1 specifically mentions putting on a condom which is basically saying they are having sex lol that's way more upfront than 'Feed Your Love'... people are such prudes tongue.gif Although I totally love that the girls went there with the b-o-job/cum metaphor! Absolute Girl Power Queens!

The lyrics and lack of solo presence from Emma Victoria and Mel C are its own downfalls imo, although they all sound wonderful in the chorus.

So yeah, I love it. It's not perfect, but it is a rough demo so it is understandable. But I really adore it and that we have it. It's one of their first songs ever and we finally get to hear it cheer.gif

This post has been edited by Mr.X: Jul 11 2021, 06:20 PM

+Quote Post
Equinox8
post Jul 11 2021, 06:38 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 132,865
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Jul 11 2021, 06:16 PM) *
YAY I'm here for the discourse on Feed Your Love cheer.gif Let's keep it clean girlies teresa.gif

It reminds me of Janet Jackson's sound. It is obviously not Top Tier Spice Girls, but it's a cute addition to the catalogue, in my opinion.

Mel B really suits this, and you can tell why she is the lead. She sounds devine for such a young singer w00t.gif

Yes! Yes to all of this!

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Jul 11 2021, 06:45 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

Love it, it needs a shorter edit though (a 5.15 minute song is almost unheard of these days with streaming dominating and songs are very short to take advantage of that). The chorus is a real earworm.

I wouldn't put it on Spice but I'm sure it could have been a fan loved bside.

+Quote Post
schizo_spice
post Jul 11 2021, 07:25 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,574
   No Gallery Pics

Its ok not one I can see myself listening to a lot though.

I was hoping for something closer to Naked or Take Me Homes greatness. I do understand its a demo.

+Quote Post
Lukuzz
post Jul 11 2021, 07:48 PM
Post #7
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
Member No.: 1,209

I like it.
No shouldn’t have been on spice album though I don’t think it would quite fit in with the overall sound.
Yes would have been happy for it to be a b-side, I’d definitely say it’s better than Bumper to Bumper and Baby Come Round at the very least.
No definitely not a missed opportunity as a single.

+Quote Post
Sideout
post Jul 11 2021, 08:45 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 113,700
   No Gallery Pics

Mel B does sing, "the situation is stretching in front of me." ohmy.gif

Pretty obvious what the song is about. It's a no brainer Feed Your Love should have been the b-side to 2 Become 1. One of These Girls could have been the second b-side on Mama/WDYTYA.

I'm really happy we have this track. Mel B's vocals are spectacular. The chorus is infectious.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jul 11 2021, 09:22 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I like it
It shouldn’t have been on spice it was the correct decision
It should have been a b-side
It was definitely not a missed single opportunity

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jul 11 2021, 11:13 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Jul 11 2021, 10:22 PM) *
I like it
It shouldn’t have been on spice it was the correct decision
It should have been a b-side
It was definitely not a missed single opportunity

My thoughts exactly!

+Quote Post
AaronTM
post Jul 12 2021, 11:56 AM
Post #11
salty foods parch the human
Member No.: 4,631

I like it. I think you can tell that this was a very early recording for the girls - the style is a lot more R&B and I feel there's a lack of Melanie C (she sounds like she's harmonising with Emma on the chorus?) so it just doesn't feel much like a "Spice Girls" song. The "Spice" album and B-sides definitely have more character than this, but that's not to say that with a bit of polishing that this couldn't have ended up as a B-side. I'd be interested to know when this was recorded because it reminds me more of the bits we've heard from when they were known as Touch, so it might be fresh after the name change or slightly before.

+Quote Post
Sideout
post Jul 12 2021, 06:05 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

Feed Your Love, Wannabe and 2 Become 1 were recorded in January 1995. They met Biff at their December 1994 showcase. In March 1995 the girls left their manager. The same month they recorded Say You'll Be There with Eliot Kennedy. The rest is history.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Jul 12 2021, 07:10 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

To me it's so odd as it feels so much more mature of a song that I would have expected them to record in their later career.

I guess the adult chilled nature does that. If it was shortened, few adlibs and bit more of the other girls I'd be more than happy to have it as an album track on a new album.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jul 12 2021, 07:58 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Sideout @ Jul 12 2021, 07:05 PM) *
Feed Your Love, Wannabe and 2 Become 1 were recorded in January 1995. They met Biff at their December 1994 showcase. In March 1995 the girls left their manager. The same month they recorded Say You'll Be There with Eliot Kennedy. The rest is history.

I either didn't realise or had forgotten that they worked with Biff while they were still managed by Chris Herbert!

Their hesitance to use the song at all because of the nature of the lyrics does strike me as odd considering 2 Become 1 seemingly didn't raise the same concerns. I don't think the Feed Your Love lyrics are too obviously dirty... and if 'feed' seemed too suggest, they could have just changed it to 'give'!

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Jul 12 2021, 08:18 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Isn't some of Geri's spoken rap pretty racy in parts?

This post has been edited by sammy01: Jul 12 2021, 08:18 PM

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jul 12 2021, 08:19 PM
Post #16

It probably is but I've still not properly focused on what she's saying in that part laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sideout
post Jul 12 2021, 08:45 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

What is Geri saying in Feed Your Love is the new what is Victoria singing in Holler haha

+Quote Post
Herbs
post Jul 12 2021, 08:47 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 214

Maybe it would have sounded better with more work done to it, but sadly not really feeling it

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Jul 12 2021, 08:47 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,829
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sideout @ Jul 12 2021, 09:05 PM) *

So they were sitting on Wannabe for a year and a half? blink.gif

+Quote Post
Sideout
post Jul 12 2021, 09:01 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Jul 12 2021, 01:47 PM) *
So they were sitting on Wannabe for a year and a half? blink.gif

Technically yes. They didn't sign with Simon Fuller until May or June 1995. Then they signed with Virgin Records in July or August 1995. Back then it normally took a year for a record label to let a new artist release their debut album. Remember, there is a lot that needs to happen before a new artist can start releasing music. Especially back in 1995.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:36 AM