BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Story Of A Top 40 Chart, W/C 08/07/2016
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post 9th July 2016, 10:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

I only wanted to do this as a one off, it's just a silly idea which has likely been tried by others in the past, but I decided in my boredom this evening to type up a simple story using all the Top 40 singles this week to tell it. Here is how it goes, and if you think you could better on it, have your own go another week. smile.gif

One Dance was all This Girl could offer Billy. She was just Too Good for him. "This Is What You Came For I assume?" she asked the young man. "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" he replied, walking away upon seeing her with another man.
You see, Billy just Can't Stop The Feeling of being rejected. So often he begs in his mind "Don't Let Me Down" but then he is let down. This brings him Tears, and all he can do is look for some Cheap Thrills to bring him through the night.
He decides to write her a letter, and here's how it goes;

"I can't believe you turned me down. I guess I'll be Dancing On My Own again. I Hate U I Love U but I just Don't Mind, because I've got No Money, and although I'm Into You, after all you're Hotter Than Hell itself, all we are is Perfect Strangers of the opposite Sex.
As you may know, once I Took A Pill In Ibiza, and afterward I swear I saw a loose Panda causing havoc. I swear I would Treat You Better than that. We could have Cake By The Ocean listening to our Hymn For The Weekend. I know I Work From Home but that's no reason to act like a Controlla trying to get in the Middle of all I do. All I want is for you to Give Me Your Love because I promise you This Ones For You, I mean, that is what Girls Like isn't it? I mean, Good Grief love, we could have such a Lush Life together, but now that dream has Faded, Just Like Fire does on a cold night. I'm literally pulling out my Hair at how for 7 Years all I've ever done for you is Work my ass off just so you could Light It Up and drive your Fast Car. But now when you Needed Me the most, when you just want to keep a Piece Of Me in your heart, you go and leave me...
I only have one word for people like you — Heathens!"

So concluded Billy's tearful letter.

This post has been edited by awardinary: 11th July 2016, 09:43 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 10th July 2016, 08:50 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Love it! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
mdh
post 10th July 2016, 09:04 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

haha this is great, I've done this in the past with my friends. I might have a go at this

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 10th July 2016, 09:35 AM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

'I know I Work From Home but that's no reason to act like a Controlla trying to get in the Middle of all I do.'

I love this part lmao laugh.gif

+Quote this post
fiesta
post 10th July 2016, 10:26 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 232

"As you may know, once I Took A Pill In Ibiza, and afterward I swear I saw a loose Panda causing havoc"

love it laugh.gif

This post has been edited by fiesta: 10th July 2016, 10:27 AM

+Quote this post
Riser
post 11th July 2016, 03:20 AM
Post #6
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Omg I did this once for a chart in 2009 (actually I wrote it as a poem) and saved it on Word so I could post it here if I find it.

*never looks for it due to potential embarrassment*

I actually didn't realize you had all of the songs in order, that makes it even better. Well done! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 11th July 2016, 11:33 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

QUOTE(fiesta @ Jul 10 2016, 11:26 AM) *
"As you may know, once I Took A Pill In Ibiza, and afterward I swear I saw a loose Panda causing havoc"

love it laugh.gif

I must admit... that is the best line laugh.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 11th July 2016, 12:13 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Thanks guys! tongue.gif