BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> P!nk Music Video Rate [Results]
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post 3rd July 2018, 02:31 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

Family Portrait
Missundaztood
Total Score: 107.5 - Average score: 8.27

Highest score: Scene, …ready for it (10)
Lowest score: Tawdry Hepburn, Gavindeejay (7)

The music video stars Pink and Kelsey Lewis and was directed by Sophie Muller. The video opens with Pink lying in different positions on the bed. As she answers a phone call, she smashes a glass and Kelsey pops up. They are then shown in what looks like a kіtchen. Kelsey tries to get the attention of Pink, who is trying to cook. Then, the two are shown eating cereal on a couch while watching a commercial for a cereal named Pretty Happy. Pink is seen opening a door, which a man comes in, and they sit at a table.
At the end of the video, the family in the TV commercial pulls Kelsey into it. The TV then shows Pink singing alone. Finally, the family in the TV (now with the child Kelsey) gathers around and Pink lies down on a pillow.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 3rd July 2018, 02:32 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
The Truth About Love
Total score: 107.5 - Average Score: 8.27

Highest score: Dexton, …ready for it, troublepink, Mack. (9)
Lowest score: Frank! (7)

The video begins with Pink having a picnic with her love interest (Sebastian de la Forza). The two lean in for a kiss, which is interrupted by him taking a phone call. Pink splashes him with red wine, and walks away through the trees. She meets another man on his motorbike (Alexander Ercheverria) and goes home with him. He draws a portrait of her. Pink watches through the window as many female guests arrive for a party the man has organised. During the party, she dances with one of the women until she is interrupted by the man who brought her home. Pink wears a black suit with her hair pushed back and dances with the woman (Mosh). The man gets down on one knee and proposes.
Pink accepts by giving him her hand but is disappointed to find out the proposal was meant for her dance partner. During their wedding ceremony, Pink is dressed completely in black, as if she is attending a funeral. A flying bike appears above the guests (Andreas-Holm Hansen), which is carrying a heart-shaped balloon. The balloon pops, and red liquid covers the guests as Pink sings and dances cheerfully. She joins the driver of the flying bike, and they fly away together at the end of this video clip across the countryside, into the sunset, under a bridge, over trees and up close to a big hill on the high flying bicycle with eagle wings. A colored version was also released. MTV's James Montgomery assured Pink's fans that she hasn't changed, while crediting the video for its angry and funny nature, saying "While your heroine might be saying she's a changed woman, the 'Blow Me' video proves that she's not. It's just as angry as her previous clips, and nearly as funny too.”

+Quote this post
Regina
post 3rd July 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

The BM video was stunning wub.gif maybe not what I expected for the song but it oddly fits

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 4th July 2018, 12:30 AM
Post #44
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I expected Family Portrait in the top 10 for some reason ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 4th July 2018, 01:58 AM
Post #45
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

She has such a strong discography *.* who else is this consistent with both music and music video quality

Blow Me is a nice video, the black and white effect was really great too at the time

Please Don’t Leave Me for #1 wub.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 7th July 2018, 05:36 AM
Post #46
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Trouble
Try This
Total Score: 108.5 - Average Score: 8.34

Highest score: Frank!, T-Boy, Mack. (10)
Lowest score: Gavindeejay (5)

The song's music video is western-themed. It was directed by Sophie Muller. The video opens with Pink galloping with speed through a forested area while checking over her shoulder indicating that she is possibly being pursued. She rides her horse until she pauses at the edge of a small town (population 96) which is called Sharktown. The town is depicted as a dull place and even a tumble weed blowing down the street is seen. Pink looks to her right and sees a flag with three black stars which pays homage to the flag of Tennessee and indicates that events depicted in the video are likely to have occurred prior to the turn of the 20th century. She then looks down and sees a crude grave marker which bears the name 'Corky'. She checks her make up briefly in a small compact and proceeds to ride deeper into the town.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 7th July 2018, 05:36 AM
Post #47
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

f***in’ Perfect
Greatest Hits… So Far!
Total Score: 109.5 - Average Score: 8.42

Highest score: Dexton, Scene, Cody Slayberry, HarryEzra (10)
Lowest score: SamJudd (6.5)

The explicit video begins in silence, with a man and woman lying in bed while having sex. After having sex, the woman looks depressed and reflective. She stares at a worn teddy bear sitting in a nearby chair; the song begins and the viewer is transported back in time to when she was a little girl having lunch in school, and a boy snatched the teddy bear from her, waves the teddy bear in front of her face out of insult and tosses it across the playground. Fighting back, the little girl is then shown beating up the boy in the playground before being restrained by her teacher. In another scene, she is a little older and watching a birthday party with an inflatable castle across the street. Several children are jumping around inside the inflatable castle and two children are sitting outside the castle, and they look up at her window. The girl immediately ducks down from the window and sits on the floor, looking sad. After that, the little girl appears to have paint across her face, looking sad while attending an art class. In another scene, she's shown to be a teenager, applying makeup to her face, trying to be more confident in her appearance. However, her mother (Cynthia Stevenson) sees the makeup and outfit she's wearing as inappropriate and sends her up to her room. After which, the mother and her daughter appear to argue while the mother forces her to change into a simple dress and "appropriate" outfit, which the daughter still refuses. At school, she receives an "F" on a test; she picks up a pencil and transforms the big F into a funny-looking Medusa with a big mouth and a lot of pimples. She is shown vandalizing toilet cubicles with the words "Skinny bitches" and snorting drugs while looking on enviously at girls in the bathroom. Next, her adult self (Tina Majorino) spies on two young women trying on dresses in a clothing store, wishing that she was as skinny as them. She is shown stealing a blue dress in the store only to get caught immediately, and is thrown out of the store while the women in the store make fun of her, one of the women takes a picture of her on her phone. She is then shown weighing herself on a bathroom scale, ribs and spine clearly visible through her skin, indicating that she has an eating disorder. The next scene shows her lying in a bathtub carving the word "Perfect" in her arms with a razor. While lying in the blood-filled bathtub, her eyes find the same teddy bear from her childhood. She gets out of the bathtub, picks up the scissors, and crops her hair while sobbing and looking at the mirror.
Near the end of the video, the woman is shown working on a painting. Ultimately, she becomes a successful artist with her paintings displayed in an art exhibition. Pink is shown "raising her glass" to her, and the girl smiles and raises her glass back. At the exhibition she meets and falls in love with the man she's in bed with at the beginning of the video. Back to the present, this man, played by Brad Norling, holds her and they smile. She gets out of bed and takes her childhood teddy bear into her daughter's room. The final scene shows her mouthing the words "You are perfect to me" to her daughter, played by Alexandra Opal. Meanwhile, Pink is shown singing in a room with pictures of the woman's flashbacks.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 7th July 2018, 02:43 PM
Post #48
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

I thought F**kin' Perfect would challenge number one ohmy.gif Shook tbh.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 7th July 2018, 05:19 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

Trouble being 10th seems extremely low but I guess she’s just got that many strong videos!

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 9th July 2018, 01:57 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Don’t Let Me Get Me
M!ssundaztood
Total Score: 110 - Average Score: 8.46

Highest score: T-Boy (10)
Lowest score: Tawdry Hepburn, Scene, Mack. (7)

The music video for "Don't Let Me Get Me," shot by director Dave Meyers, depicts Pink as a high school student, in various scenes in which her nonconformity causes conflict with other students and school officials. A similarly-themed scene depicts her meeting with L.A. Reid, who tells her that in order to make her into a pop star, she will have to change everything about her outward appearance, in order to make her persona more comparable to that of Britney Spears, despite Pink's insistence that that is not how she sees herself. Yet another scene shows her modeling for the cover of a magazine, irritated at how she is being made up by the lighting technicians, makeup artists and other personnel involved in the shoot. The video then shifts to a scene in which Pink, now in control over her career, is welcomed back to her high school for a concert there.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 9th July 2018, 01:57 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Just Like A Pill
M!ssundaztood
Total Score: 115 - Average Score: 8.84

Highest Score: SamJudd, Euphorique, …ready for it, troublepink, HarryEzra (10)
Lowest Score: Scene, Gavindeejay (6)

The video for "Just like a Pill" was directed by Francis Lawrence for LaFace Records. The video, shot in December 2001, is considerably different from Pink's previous videos. "Get the Party Started" and "Don't Let Me Get Me" were lighter in nature than the dark atmosphere which is reflected in the video for "Just like a Pill", an example of which is the fact that Pink can be seen throughout the whole video wearing black outfits with naked arms and legs and wearing black hair. Commenting on the different style of video, Pink said: "This one's very dark and artsy, and I have black hair, which is very fun. I loved it. It's another part that I haven't concentrated on before."
In the first scene, Pink lies on the floor. In the chorus she sings in front of her band. She is also featured in another scene with white rabbits around her in a room, and in another scene, she is seen with an elephant. There are also scenes with Pink singing in front of and amongst various people. In the latter half of the video, she runs in a hall whilst lip-synching the song, before disappearing into a bright doorway atop a staircase at the conclusion of the video.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 9th July 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Almost finished the countdown cheer.gif These are the songs which are left, can anyone predict the correct order?

Stupid Girls
U + Ur Hand
So What
Please Don't Leave Me
Try
Beautiful Trauma

heart.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 13th July 2018, 08:17 AM
Post #53
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!

Just Like A Pill's video wub.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 15th July 2018, 12:10 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

U + Ur Hand
I’m Not Dead
Total Score: 118 - Average Score: 9.07

Highest score: SamJudd, …ready for it, Cody Slayberry, troublepink, HarryEzra, T-Boy (10)
Lowest score: Frank! (7)

Pink shot the music videos for "U + Ur Hand" and "Stupid Girls" at the same time, before the decision was made to release the latter as the first single from I'm Not Dead. Dave Meyers directed both videos. The "U + Ur Hand" video was shot in Sun Valley, California, at the Haziza Gallery in Los Angeles, at La Center Studios and at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, California in December 2005. Pink stated that in the "U + Ur Hand" video she was "glammed" up and that it took four hours of make-up and one hour of shooting for every different look in the video. She said she wanted it to be "a colorful video". The outfit that Pink was wearing in the bedroom scene consisted of pieces of black lace that was imported from France and cost US$300 per yard of the fabric.[2] The actor in the tea garden scene is Tristan Castro.[18]
The music video for "U + Ur Hand" premiered on Canada's MuchMusic network on July 18, 2006, and was released in Europe at the end of August. In the United States it premiered on MTV's Total Request Live on September 29 as the "First Look" for that day. The video reached number one on TRL six days after its debut, Pink's second video to reach the top on the countdown after the video for her 2003 single "Trouble". It shows Pink as "Lady Delish", in a Garage, training in a Gym, sitting on a balcony, in a 'Tea Garden', at a party and on a bed.
The video features Pink posing as several of New Zealand artist Martin Emond's characters, including "Baby Red Knuckles", "Rocker Bikergirl" and "Hard Candy". In the video, she has six different looks. During the video, Pink is shown reading a book with pictures of each scene that follows. The use of these characters was uncredited and unauthorised. At the time of the video release, Illicit Streetwear and the Martin F. Emond estate were reviewing their options to take action.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 15th July 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

Love the U + Ur Hand video!

Struggling to predict the top 5. Maybe

1 Please Don’t Leave Me
2 Stupid Girls
3 Beautiful Trauma
4 Try
5 So What

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 15th July 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #56
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

1. Please Don’t Leave Me
2. Stupid Girls
3. So What
4. Beautiful Trauma
5. Try

BT & So What might be the other way around but I think PDLM & Stupid Girls are definitely the Top 2 (or deserve to be)

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 17th July 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Try
The Truth About Love
Total Score: 119.5 - Average Score: 9.19

Highest score: Cody Slayberry, troublepink (11)
Lowest score: Dexton, Euphorique (7)

The video was filmed on August 27, 2012. Pink stated that the video is one of the most beautiful music videos of her career. It was released on October 10, 2012. It was directed by Floria Sigismondi and choreographed by the Golden Boyz (who have worked with the likes of Madonna and Britney Spears) and stunt choreographer, Sebastien Stella. It was inspired by the Apache dance, a highly-stylized Parisian street performance. "Making this video was the most fun I've ever had in my entire career," said Pink. "I never wanted it to end. It's my favorite video ever."
Pink took to her Twitter page to record her mother, Judith's, reaction after showing her the risqué dance moves on the clip. "My mom, after seeing the new video... 'Wow, honey. I'm speechless. And uncomfortable. No one can ever say you play it safe.'" Pink's love interest is played by Broadway dancer Colt Prattes.
A reenactment of the video was performed during the 2012 American Music Awards where Pink received a standing ovation and was praised by critics for her ever-growing artistry. Billboard ranked "Try" the second best performance of the night, with the first being "Gangnam Style".
The video is summed up in two locations: The indoor sequence where Pink performs a dramatic dance routine with her partner Colt Prattes, and the outdoor scene where they collide into one another in a desert. The video features flashes of color and is heavily metaphorical, portraying an unhealthy, tormented relationship through artistic usage of the two performers' bodies.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 19th July 2018, 02:16 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

So What
Funhouse
Total Score: 121.5 - Average score: 9.34

Highest score: Tawdry Hepburn, SamJudd, Cody Slayberry, Frank!, HarryEzra, T-Boy, Gavindeejay (10)
Lowest score: Euphorique, troublepink (8)

The video begins in a tattoo parlour, Pink is getting a tattoo of a red void mark on her arm across an existing tattoo before the scene cuts to Pink riding down Sunset Boulevard on a lawnmower and drinking alcohol. Pink is then shown entering Guitar Center browsing guitars. She pretends to play before attempting to smash it into the ground, but she is restrained by a store clerk which leads to them engaging in a fight. Pink is shown cutting down a tree engraved with her real name and her estranged husband's names with a chainsaw. She cries on the chainsaw, while telling herself that she is all right, right before the tree falls and nearly crushes her neighbor. After this, Pink is sitting in a bar after losing her table to Jessica Simpson, accompanied by a man who is playing the drums out of glasses. The next scene goes to Pink on a motorbike, while a newly wedded couple in a car pull up beside her and wave and smile at her. Jealous and outraged at the happy newlyweds, Pink is shown throwing objects at the car and popping the blown up condoms used to decorate the vehicle, before climbing onto it and playfully (albeit violently) attacking the vehicle. Pink is then shown stripping on the red carpet, surrounded by photographers, she takes off her jacket to reveal her (blurred) nude body. The paparazzi all snap photos of her as she does choreography from Michael Jackson's video for "Thriller" naked, but more akin to Austin Powers 2. Then while getting her hair done, her stylist applies hairspray, as Pink turns on her cigarette lighter, accidentally setting her hair on fire. Also shown are two men urinating in beer bottles, which they give to Pink, however Pink passes them to two guys walking past her. They drink it and then realizing what it is, spit it out in disgust. Finally, Pink is shown surrounded by men and women in their underwear engaging in a pillow fight. The video then cuts between all the scenes shown in the video before ending with Pink poking her tongue at the camera with her husband. Pink is also shown performing the song in concert near the end. Pink's husband Carey Hart makes cameos throughout the video, such as a scene where they are talking as newspaper headlines flash behind them. Producer Butch Walker also makes a cameo. Pink has stated that Hart had not heard the song prior to arriving for the video shoot.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 19th July 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #59
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

Predict coming right-ish so far kink.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink