BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 113 / / / FINAL RESULTS, live from flynt, aeroche
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th April 2019, 11:18 PM
Post #221
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Fab hosting Lew 😍 Ngl was hoping for better for Numb but not unexpected after the predictions 😂

Also I completely forgot Taahino from my final votes 😭 I think this is the first time I've forgot to vote for a song I loved and realised just after I sent my votes off sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 17th April 2019, 11:23 PM
Post #222
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I did think it was odd you weren't a fan! I thought tillie would have been right up your street :')

ngl bit gutted to have done that poorly but I was really into this entry and it always stings a bit more when it's a song you've loved and wanted to send for 6 months

+Quote this post
Brer
post 17th April 2019, 11:26 PM
Post #223
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Scoreboard all matches mine woop ~

Three countries getting new peaks in the top 10 this time, I wasn't a fan of LÉON at all but congrats to Jupiter for a first medal position, thrilled at the new peaks for Tartford and East Rukahavian though, 'Finished Symphony' is a brilliant song that I'd never have called coming as high as 4th and I really liked 'Sabrina' too, Mack finally getting a hit again after so many years of DNQs! And this one nearly pipped me for the most votes in this contest at the last second (Baiuca getting 33 to Malla's 32), slay that wide appeal x Those two and Danæviia were actually the only ones in the top 10 I voted for but am also glad to see FLJ making it in there and Florina's wasn't far off my commiserations either, I thought 'Colder' sounded like something FARC might send so I guess it doing so well makes sense given the hot streak they're on of late!

Thelonia ending up just matching their peak is a little frustrating as this one really felt like it had top 10 written all over it but hey, a matched peak is still something ~ also great to see FSR top 15 and Trifoski/Suedeonia top 20, a few of my favourites are far too low though, Beaverdonia I thought would have had another top 10 on them this time and that 30-33 section all deserved way better. Disappointingly low for Bhangra too but not too surprising as it was one I thought would have DNQed. I see why Allday came last but that also deserved better - I see that was the one that kept Niceland out of the final on a tiebreak, at least Pete didn't kick himself out even though he went on to give the song high points in the final (I'd been thinking it was amazing it qualified when one of its few big fans in the final said they didn't even vote for it in the semi!) edit: although actually he did kick himself out by giving 12 to Lotunia oops xx a noble sacrifice tbh

Speaking of the semis yass at getting a 4th semi win *.* including all 3 of my runners-up but neither of my actual final winners lol ~ a little surprised that Dan didn't landslide the semi as well but this is pretty much an exact repeat of Belanger/Jaymes Young! Greenfroze being welcomed back with a top 3 semi-final finish but yikes at the dropoff to the final! (not helped by Pupok being unable to vote but still)

Thanks for hosting Lew, no worries about the delays, it was worth the wait x

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th April 2019, 11:31 PM
Post #224
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

QUOTE(linds @ Apr 18 2019, 12:23 AM) *
I did think it was odd you weren't a fan! I thought tillie would have been right up your street :')

ngl bit gutted to have done that poorly but I was really into this entry and it always stings a bit more when it's a song you've loved and wanted to send for 6 months

Yeah u we're in my top 3 in my semi votes as well 😂😭

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th April 2019, 11:38 PM
Post #225
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I won my semi! ohmy.gif with 5 12s, my goodness ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 18th April 2019, 12:15 AM
Post #226
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

2nd, 22nd, 33rd

I'm seeing a pattern there oops

I think I'll sit the next one out sadly

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 18th April 2019, 12:34 AM
Post #227
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

I must have had too many beers when I entered 'Set The Mood' by David Jordan that one time... That was a real low for us.

Anyway, sixth place goodness me, surpasses our highest finishing position which was back in October 2013 with Stay by Henry Krinkle.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 18th April 2019, 12:36 AM
Post #228
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

QUOTE(Conanderella @ Apr 18 2019, 01:15 AM) *
2nd, 22nd, 33rd

I'm seeing a pattern there oops

I think I'll sit the next one out sadly

maybe you'll be 3rd next time around then ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 18th April 2019, 02:49 AM
Post #229
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Congrats Dan, that was a very enjoyable winner, I do love long winding pieces that manage to sound great for the entirety of their run and Emerald Princess certainly does that, Thomas Bergersen rarely falters and this is quite a triumph. Great rest of the top 3, Persephonia was great of course and I really did like LEON somewhat weirdly, it has a very interesting progression right from the start. So good top 3.

I got a good result too I think, JUST breaking the anime OP ceiling I reached with Kalafina, so thanks very much for all the votes for that one guys happy.gif Got a little lucky in the semi there, and I thought I had a really good semi draw too. Was great to get this one to the final though.

+Quote this post
Harve
post 18th April 2019, 03:14 AM
Post #230
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

QUOTE(Klaus @ Apr 17 2019, 09:36 PM) *
yass Burbe, stan Skall with me

Ur solo fangirling has been noted and ty x

I can see why Dan won and congrats, but my favourite long, sprawling song came 4th and I'm v. v. happy about that.

Also not sure how Hendinia did so averagely but then I saw I only gave them 5 points because there were so many other great tracks too ack.

+Quote this post
Travis
post 18th April 2019, 03:27 AM
Post #231
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

Well apparently Russian pop is not my gig on Buzzjack! Noted, will try something else next time around~

+Quote this post
Riser
post 18th April 2019, 04:07 AM
Post #232
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Well, I'm not a Two Steps From Hell fan but I'm definitely a Danaeviia fan so congrats! cheer.gif At least I got two songs I like in the top 3, yay Persephonia and Jupiterdonia. And I have to give so much love to Florina's entry which sounded like Emilie Nicolas, Anna of the North and Ary all put together (and sure enough Moyka is Norwegian too) so that was the most obvious Harmonica fave in the contest. I'm amazed it finished 7th when those Norwegian females always seem to underperform!

Honestly I expected higher than 37th but am still just happy to have qualified. Glad that people liked it! Also disappointed in Aesthetica bottom 10 and numbers last but that's fewer injustices than I usually see in the bottom 10 (edit: I shouldn't type when I'm half asleep)

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 18th April 2019, 07:03 AM
Post #233
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Wow 7th, my second best result!! Completely was not expecting that at all! Very happy!

Skall deserved waaay better but happy to see the likes of Oslol, Jupiterdonia and FARC in the Top 10!

WD to Dan biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 18th April 2019, 07:33 AM
Post #234
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Sorry I missed the final, thanks Leww for hosting, congrats Dan for winning & Bre a worthy runner-up, and thanks all who voted for Mory Kante! wub.gif We've never had a 31st before so those gaps are filling in! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 18th April 2019, 08:42 AM
Post #235
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

QUOTE(Bré @ Apr 18 2019, 12:26 AM) *
I see why Allday came last but that also deserved better - I see that was the one that kept Niceland out of the final on a tiebreak, at least Pete didn't kick himself out even though he went on to give the song high points in the final (I'd been thinking it was amazing it qualified when one of its few big fans in the final said they didn't even vote for it in the semi!) edit: although actually he did kick himself out by giving 12 to Lotunia oops xx a noble sacrifice tbh

Well since 9 of my 10 pointers made the final there was a pretty big chance I'd kicked myself out with one of them :') I take it that I would have had to have given Lotunia significantly less points to have made it in though which wasn't going to happen. edit just seen the scoreboard, if it had been my 8 I would've been through oops. I hadn't even considered Allday being the one that won the tiebreak, makes it even more shocking that I didn't point it in the semi then gave it 15 in the final! Sad to see it bottom though, shame to see Ultraviolenceland and Greenfroze so low as well but five of my votes made the Top 10 which must be some sort of record!

Thanks for hosting once again Lew and well done Dan!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 18th April 2019, 09:06 AM
Post #236
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

23rd isn't a BAD result in the end, I had hope from seeing the hype of some people that I could get like ~top 15 maybe, but this felt a bit riskier than my usual pop stuff so I'm still happy enough with it!

I look forward to seeing the "old format" results Bra did though, I got 6 medal positions, so it was clearly more polarizing than I'd have imagined. Congrats to Dan - feels like another Allie X moment to me because it's the weakest Two Steps track but it did sound most like a winner, I guess.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 18th April 2019, 10:53 AM
Post #237
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Wow - wasn't expecting a top 10 for Hatchie AT ALL! ohmy.gif

That's a great result, thanks all who voted - especially Mikey and 7!

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 18th April 2019, 11:12 AM
Post #238
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

Congrats Dan!!! Not my fave from you but so here for you winning wub.gif

+Quote this post
m
post 18th April 2019, 11:15 AM
Post #239
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

Thanks for hosting Leww and congrats to Dan! That's two winners in a row now that I have thrown some points to tongue.gif Also two winners in a row that I have predicted but in the case of this one, so did many others ha. Really good to see Tartford (my 18) do so well too. I ended up listening to the album that track is on a few days ago, really liked it!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 18th April 2019, 11:37 AM
Post #240
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Hybrid are great - their tracks tend to all be on a similar theme but they're really good. Finished Symphony was one of my favourite dance tracks when I was younger, I couldn't believe it when people weren't already really familiar with it when the veto process was ongoing - one of those cases where you know a track so well that you assume everyone else does too. Still, delighted that it connected so well with everyone, a great track.

Oh and well done to Dan too - I don't think the track quite made my votes in the end but it certainly wasn't bad and it's an interesting winner!

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 04:05 AM