BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack CD Swap #6: REVIEWS, all reviews done yay!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 31st August 2017, 03:57 PM
Post #41
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Days of Thunder review:

(scores are an attempt to not be ALL 7/10 so a score below that =/= awful)

Track 1: Clearly the title track, it has a lot of repeating of Days Of Thunder throughout it. It seems like a fairly pleasant indie-pop song with pretty standard male vocals, although that instrumental undercurrent that sounds like Baker Street with a slightly different tune is quite endearing. 7/10

Track 2: Another male-vocal electronica song, which is a theme of this CD I would discover, a few slight synths. I’m not sure what the vocals remind me of quite, but they’re soft and lovely, and it’s a nice chill track, not something I’d go out of my way to listen to but I don’t mind it. 6/10

Track 3: Guess the vague genre that I ascertain this one is? It’s something about a summer lover, so I guess that’s the title, but it’s a bit more languid than the previous two and I’m not as keen, would put it as about a –4/10

Track 4: I get the feeling that this song samples (rather heavily!) Cassie’s Me & U unless I’m completely misremembering how that sounds. It’s more involved and synthy than Le Youth’s C O O L. Without that sample this would be a pretty generic modern “”Spotify playlist”” song, with it, as I like that song, there’s a bit of interest enough to rescue the CD from the downward spiral, although I wouldn’t say this is better than the original or Le Youth - 6/10

Track 5 - Starting with a chant that makes me think of a rap, it quickly emerges that I’ve stumbled into a sample section of this CD, as this is basically Fergie’s Glamorous mixed up a bit, which I dislike. To its credit, it’s not as awful as the more well-known version because the extra speed in this mix adds a bit of life to it but still the notes are the same and so there isn’t enough for me to LOVE it – 6/10 (and the owner of the CD wilts away at my general indifference)

Track 6 – According to this song, we were ‘born to be wasted’. My general if not absolute sobriety disagrees, although perhaps it just means that we were born to be naked, which is biologically more accurate. The song is a bit dull at first but it starts picking up in the second half and is a rather pleasant male electropop listen by the end – 7/10

Track 7 – This gets more and more shoegazey by the minute. It’s dominated by ‘your sex is a dream’ which is what made me think of the dream pop aspect, but it’s of that sort of sound at least. I’m sort of okay with it but as with some others, I don’t have enough meaning with it to enjoy its slowness and so it needs to be a bit more upbeat to keep me interested. 5/10

Track 8 – This is Lean On, so we’re back to the samples, except this is more like a straight remix, with the same song structure. There’s a disappointing thing about this, it’s entirely just Lean On but cleaned up of any breakdowns for… very little in return if I’m honest. It’s just… flat notes instead. 8/10 for the Lean On parts given that it’s great but become a bit of a tired song in the last couple of years, 0/10 for the small changes they’ve done to it.

Track 9 – I’m starting to get the feeling that this could be an almost entirely sampled CD and the ones where I haven’t noticed it I just wasn’t familiar with the original song enough to know it. This one is a pretty much mashupped George Michael, taking bits from Careless Whisper and Never Gonna Dance Again. While I’ll still say that it’s a little slow for my tastes, the wall of sound and hearing two songs I like in new contexts (I can never resist the Careless Whisper riff), I think this is easily the best so far – 8/10

Track 10 – Now this starts off way more like my style, there’s a good tempo and there are some stabbing synths. I was unsure on the vocals at the start but they’re growing on me over the course of the song, it’s a decent length at 5 minutes, though that’s about average for this CD. They start to get really compelling, I think I like this. Also the key lyric here is ‘dandy juliet’. Hmm. I might have been guessing Dandy had he not been revealed, I’m still not sure who’s this is. But no, I really like this song, especially when the different vocals come in, there’s a slightly feminine sounding one and even the hint of someone trying their hand at a harsh thing. Love it! 9/10

Track 11 – Seems like a rather pleasant electropop song, I like the tone of the singer, it’s not QUITE at the Lights level of perfection but it’s reasonably close to the Lauren Mayberry mark on that scale, albeit with a bit less production. Um, there are a lot of intriguing sounds aside from the vocals on this as well and it’s a good listen overall– 8/10

Track 12 – Well, we ride out the penultimate track on this CD with a synthy instrumental of Summertime Sadness – which honestly I’m really quite enjoying a lot – not just because I like the original song but this is really delicate and is just a bit of distortion away from some of the soundtrack genre I’ve always loved. 9/10

Track 13 – The final track opens with some heavy rock chords, is this it? It seems like it’s slightly synth-rock, but the vocals aren’t quite as engaging as I want them to be, it’s like a singer got herself a few rock chords on hire more than being a rock artist. Lyrics are nice and it’s still an enjoyable 7/10 listen however.

Overall, for me, it was a weak start but the second half of the CD was a lot better than the first – I still wouldn’t say I’m the ideal recipient of this though, if you like any of the following a) sampled tracks b) mid-to-low tempo songs c) anything in the indie-pop-tronica umbrella, I’d recommend giving this a listen.

As for who it is, I couldn’t say. I was thinking Dandy but as he’s done, it could be RFC or Harve, I’m not sure who’d specifically go for such a sample-heavy tracklist. Could also be Dan doing indie because of all of the samples.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 31st August 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #42
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

it's definitely not me.

+Quote this post
Cal
post 2nd September 2017, 01:22 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

Iz! Dat's me! biggrin.gif I'll post the tracklist + comments tomorrow if that's ok! Glad you liked it (ish!) biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 2nd September 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #44
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Ok if Cal didn't do my CD I'm now about 95% sure who did my CD as I was between two people! I'll post my review in the next few days <3

+Quote this post
Cal
post 3rd September 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Aug 31 2017, 04:57 PM) *
Days of Thunder review:

(scores are an attempt to not be ALL 7/10 so a score below that =/= awful)

Track 1: Clearly the title track, it has a lot of repeating of Days Of Thunder throughout it. It seems like a fairly pleasant indie-pop song with pretty standard male vocals, although that instrumental undercurrent that sounds like Baker Street with a slightly different tune is quite endearing. 7/10

Track 2: Another male-vocal electronica song, which is a theme of this CD I would discover, a few slight synths. I’m not sure what the vocals remind me of quite, but they’re soft and lovely, and it’s a nice chill track, not something I’d go out of my way to listen to but I don’t mind it. 6/10

Track 3: Guess the vague genre that I ascertain this one is? It’s something about a summer lover, so I guess that’s the title, but it’s a bit more languid than the previous two and I’m not as keen, would put it as about a –4/10

Track 4: I get the feeling that this song samples (rather heavily!) Cassie’s Me & U unless I’m completely misremembering how that sounds. It’s more involved and synthy than Le Youth’s C O O L. Without that sample this would be a pretty generic modern “”Spotify playlist”” song, with it, as I like that song, there’s a bit of interest enough to rescue the CD from the downward spiral, although I wouldn’t say this is better than the original or Le Youth - 6/10

Track 5 - Starting with a chant that makes me think of a rap, it quickly emerges that I’ve stumbled into a sample section of this CD, as this is basically Fergie’s Glamorous mixed up a bit, which I dislike. To its credit, it’s not as awful as the more well-known version because the extra speed in this mix adds a bit of life to it but still the notes are the same and so there isn’t enough for me to LOVE it – 6/10 (and the owner of the CD wilts away at my general indifference)

Track 6 – According to this song, we were ‘born to be wasted’. My general if not absolute sobriety disagrees, although perhaps it just means that we were born to be naked, which is biologically more accurate. The song is a bit dull at first but it starts picking up in the second half and is a rather pleasant male electropop listen by the end – 7/10

Track 7 – This gets more and more shoegazey by the minute. It’s dominated by ‘your sex is a dream’ which is what made me think of the dream pop aspect, but it’s of that sort of sound at least. I’m sort of okay with it but as with some others, I don’t have enough meaning with it to enjoy its slowness and so it needs to be a bit more upbeat to keep me interested. 5/10

Track 8 – This is Lean On, so we’re back to the samples, except this is more like a straight remix, with the same song structure. There’s a disappointing thing about this, it’s entirely just Lean On but cleaned up of any breakdowns for… very little in return if I’m honest. It’s just… flat notes instead. 8/10 for the Lean On parts given that it’s great but become a bit of a tired song in the last couple of years, 0/10 for the small changes they’ve done to it.

Track 9 – I’m starting to get the feeling that this could be an almost entirely sampled CD and the ones where I haven’t noticed it I just wasn’t familiar with the original song enough to know it. This one is a pretty much mashupped George Michael, taking bits from Careless Whisper and Never Gonna Dance Again. While I’ll still say that it’s a little slow for my tastes, the wall of sound and hearing two songs I like in new contexts (I can never resist the Careless Whisper riff), I think this is easily the best so far – 8/10

Track 10 – Now this starts off way more like my style, there’s a good tempo and there are some stabbing synths. I was unsure on the vocals at the start but they’re growing on me over the course of the song, it’s a decent length at 5 minutes, though that’s about average for this CD. They start to get really compelling, I think I like this. Also the key lyric here is ‘dandy juliet’. Hmm. I might have been guessing Dandy had he not been revealed, I’m still not sure who’s this is. But no, I really like this song, especially when the different vocals come in, there’s a slightly feminine sounding one and even the hint of someone trying their hand at a harsh thing. Love it! 9/10

Track 11 – Seems like a rather pleasant electropop song, I like the tone of the singer, it’s not QUITE at the Lights level of perfection but it’s reasonably close to the Lauren Mayberry mark on that scale, albeit with a bit less production. Um, there are a lot of intriguing sounds aside from the vocals on this as well and it’s a good listen overall– 8/10

Track 12 – Well, we ride out the penultimate track on this CD with a synthy instrumental of Summertime Sadness – which honestly I’m really quite enjoying a lot – not just because I like the original song but this is really delicate and is just a bit of distortion away from some of the soundtrack genre I’ve always loved. 9/10

Track 13 – The final track opens with some heavy rock chords, is this it? It seems like it’s slightly synth-rock, but the vocals aren’t quite as engaging as I want them to be, it’s like a singer got herself a few rock chords on hire more than being a rock artist. Lyrics are nice and it’s still an enjoyable 7/10 listen however.

Overall, for me, it was a weak start but the second half of the CD was a lot better than the first – I still wouldn’t say I’m the ideal recipient of this though, if you like any of the following a) sampled tracks b) mid-to-low tempo songs c) anything in the indie-pop-tronica umbrella, I’d recommend giving this a listen.

As for who it is, I couldn’t say. I was thinking Dandy but as he’s done, it could be RFC or Harve, I’m not sure who’d specifically go for such a sample-heavy tracklist. Could also be Dan doing indie because of all of the samples.

Was going for a theme/story here and I wasn't ENTIRELY confident you'd like it but I took the risk anyway! Glad you like Mando Diao tho. The entire Aelita album is lovely and I think you may enjoy it. I think Tommy '86 was one of the few I knew you'd like and it's been a BJSC potential for about 84 years! Hoping there are a couple of songs here you'll go back to. Thanks for taking the time to listen and review! happy.gif

Also, still listening to my CD! I'll hopefully have it finished in the next couple of days and will post my review then. Some lovely songs on it!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 3rd September 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #46
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Oh wow Cal, I didn't actually think it'd be you! Yeah, I'll definitely keep listening to Mando Diao (I've heard of them but never really listened to anything so I think I'll try and explore them more) and Tommy 86, as well as those Lana and George Michael remixes - and The Midnight were on there too! I rather like them so I'll keep that around and see if it grows (actually probably won't delete anything until they've had more of a chance, to do otherwise would be rude). Thanks for those - and I appreciate there being a bit of a theme there too.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 3rd September 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #47
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Two weeks left to get these done guys, hopefully should have a full house this time ;o

@Jupiter: Thanks again! Quite a lot of names I know there actually, that's definitely the best Owl Eyes song I've heard and I didn't recognise Cassie at all! I should give her more credit than I do.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th September 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #48
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

omg mess I forgot the deadline was this weekend, I'll try and have it up on Friday <3

+Quote this post
Riser
post 14th September 2017, 04:12 AM
Post #49
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to do this properly because the song tags weren't removed ph34r.gif I'm just gonna remove them myself then come back to it in a day or two, and hope I've forgotten all the names laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 15th September 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #50
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Sorry guys, I kinda forgot this myself laugh.gif I'll allow a week's extension to the 24th (I mean as long as the review's in it doesn't really matter but it'd be nice by that date), I will send reminders out to those that haven't done it yet at the weekend.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 15th September 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I know I've not done mine yet so no need to remind haha!

Will try to post it this weekend happy.gif

+Quote this post
Cal
post 17th September 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

SO sorry this took so bloody long to post. I had the first half written and then everything was a bit mental in real life so had to put it on hold! So yeah, I got ‘CD Swap’ and it was a lovely listen, so thank you to whoever u are. x

01 - Ok four seconds in and this is already a bop ngl. I normally stay well away from ‘PC music’ (this is PC music, right??? Plz say yes) but this one is really good. It’s just a lovely instrumental that builds up over time and it kind of reminds me of the Popcorn Song in places! Really good opener and if the artist has more tracks like this then I’ll definitely be onboard. Solid. 8/10
02 - A few seconds in and I thought this would be trance-y and then guitar riffs set in. cheer.gif The vocals (a MALE!) are smooth and this actually ends up turning into a dance-y song that’s quite catchy, even if I’m not TOTALLY mad on it. The chorus is a tad grating but the verses are lovely. Not the kind of thing I’d listen to on a daly basis but good nonetheless. 6/10
03 - This sounds vaguely familiar? Another dance/electronic song and with male vocals again. The verses are smooth and the chorus lifts off a bit. Oh, a LADY! ohmy.gif This is very nice and I’ve definitely heard this one before. Like the previous song I think I prefer the verses to the chorus but still solid. 7/10
04 - Another dance song (I’m detecting a theme!) but this has a nice 80s/retro sound to it. Some nice moments in this but I quite prefer the subtleties in this one. Again, not mad a the heavy dance beat but quite like the overall vibe and the air-traffic control samples are a lovely touch! 7/10
05 - Bizarrely I actually know this one! I can’t remember the main artist but it’s Reija Lee on vocals. This is lovely and I’ve always liked the chillness~ of this and it’s not grating like a lot of dance songs are to me. I lyk dis. 8/10
06 - Ooooh ladies and gentlemen we have a groovy piano banger in our midst. ohmy.gif A bit of a drum and bass number but it’s like something you’d hear on one of those Lounge compilations. The vocals are gorgeous and this is so up my street. 10/10
07 - This is one that builds up slowly and has a really nice deep beat to it. Once the vocals kick in and I’m immediately reminded of something? Is this a sample of “Tell Me Something Good” by Rufus/Chaka Khan?! Not gonna lie, it’s used very well and I’m so on board with this! The tempo is nice and I’m loving the last minute or so of this. 10/10
08 - This is quite a nice House-y/Garage-y number that kinda wants me to just rollerblade down the boardwalk by the beach. heart.gif The vocal sample is lovely and overall this is gorge. A tiny bit repetitive but still a really good discovery. Thank you! 9/10
09 - The intro to this is so so so lush. Deep House these days can be a bit touch-and-go but this is lovely. It has a nice groove and it’s a bit of a funky banger. Oddly enough this is also quite relaxing so thank you to whoever you are. Definitely will be listening to this one again! 9/10
10 - Well right off the bat this was horrendous and grating and loud and annoying. BUT then all that stops and it kinda turns lovely? Nice piano and smooth strings and I’ve forgiven whoever you are. The dance-y/trance-y bits later in the song are really nice and it has a nice beat. The deep EDM ABOMINATION noises can go die but the rest of the song is fab. Reminds me of Aly & Fila - ‘Underwater’ in places (Espen hype!!) and that can only be a good thing. Overall, lovely but the intro has got to go. 8/10
11 - Excuse my ignorance but this could pass as a song I’d hear in this Japanese bar I sometimes go to. Totally know this is probably produced by someone in Hackney but it has that Japanese vibe in places. Very nice. Would definitely listen to more of this so artist plz. 9/10
12 - Another lovely chilled trance track with a really nice bassline (is ‘chilled trance’ even a thing I don’t know but it is now). This is quite uplifting and a really gorgeous listen! A very good closing song to this CD and definitely a sound I’d like to get more familiar with. 10/10

Overall, this was a really lovely listen and I’m gonna give it 8/10. It started off a tad shaky but quickly bounced back and there were a lot of solid tracks on this. I’d love to listen to more of these artists so this is a success! Thank you to whoever made this and sorry again this took me so long to post - real life has just been unusually hectic! As for who made this I’m not ENTIRELY sure. Dan hunni is it you????

+Quote this post
danG
post 17th September 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #53
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

yeah it obviously was me

01. tonight.burns.red - hi.tech
(from approx 20:35 to 25:55 in the video)

yeah this is definitely from PC Music, no idea who the actual artist is but that is how it's credited in the mp3 download, it's probably A.G. Cook or someone like that. thought it'd make for a good intro.

02. Wasted Penguinz - Heaven

Wasted Penguinz are a hardstyle act, a genre I'm not usually into much these days but this one is more melodic than most others.

03. Phantom Sage - Crystal Clouds

This one I got into because of its Porter Robinson similarities, this guy seems to be good at ripping him off anyway, he also has a new one called When I'm Gone that's good also.

04. nanobii - Sugar Rush

Got into this a few years back, it's so energetic and uplifting. I also recommend Chipland which was sent to BJSC this year if you don't remember that.

05. Fred V & Grafix - Just A Thought (feat. Reija Lee)

Thought I'd do a little section of two of my fave d'n'b tracks, this one by Fred V & Grafix who have a lot of great tunes.

06. Total Science & S.P.Y - Piano Funk (feat. Riya & DāM FunK)

I just love the piano in this, gives it an edge, glad you're a fan also.

07. Adesse Versions - Pride

Had no idea about that sample, just YouTube'd the song and it appears you're right. I love the dark piano riff and kick in this.

08. Lxury - J.A.W.S

This one reminds me of Disclosure before they went mainstream, sounds lush.

09. Redondo & CamelPhat - Paths

One of my personal faves on the whole CD, I really love this kind of deep house and this one has an atmospheric feel to it.

10. Aly & Fila - Beyond The Lights

Thought I'd end with some trance and decided to showcase other songs from BJSC artists I've sent, first Aly & Fila (you were right to think of them for this!) then Gareth Emery.

11. Gareth Emery - Exposure

This is one of his earlier songs (2009) and what got me into him in the first place though I prefer stuff like Saving Light/U/Hands these days.

12. Anry - Serene Sky

A lush progressive trance song to end it all with, glad you thought so too. Great to see you liked most of the CD as I wasn't sure what kind of EDM you were most into!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 18th September 2017, 02:20 AM
Post #54
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Here is my review of X.4:

A1 I think I recognize this! The chorus sounds familiar. The vocals are kinda Haim-esque although this isn't quite as well-written as their work. Anyway it's probably an artist I've only heard one song from, so I don't have a good guess who it is. 7.5/10
A2 This sounds like Twenty One Pilots although I know it's not them. It's very short, only 2:15, and ends abruptly so I think maybe the end of the song was cut off?? If not, then it needs a third chorus. 7.5/10
A3 Interesting things going on here. I had to listen to it a second time. It's mostly rock but I like the part of the verses where it's just drums/vocals, the chorus is catchy too. It all just sounds kind of disjointed but not enough to ruin the song. 7.5/10
A4 I know this song but not this version, which I assume is the original! It's 'Reverse' by Somekindawonderful, I remember liking the remix that was sent to BJSC. This is quite possibly more interesting, I wouldn't have expected it to be rather orchestral. The vocals are the best part on both versions wub.gif 8.5/10
A5 Another female rock song. The drums sound good, the vocals are gritty. It's not really grabbing me though! 7/10

B1 Ooh this is pop-rock which is more of what I'm in the mood for right now. Sounds like All Time Low or thereabouts. 8/10
B2 The female vocals are familiar-sounding but not this song specifically. This has the best melodies of anything I've heard so far, and the production is just as good. Only two verses and two choruses though, with something this good I need a third chorus! 8.5/10
B3 Ah, this is the first really heavy song on the CD. The vocalist is even more familiar, and by the second verse I realize it's Orianthi! wub.gif Is this recent or back from like 2010/2011? I miss her. 8/10
B4 More female vocals, and really good ones at that. This also has really good melodies and a strong chorus. Definitely the biggest highlight so far! 9/10
B5 This singer sounds familiar too laugh.gif Like a cross between Ryn Weaver and Daniella Mason. Sounds just a little over-produced but it's INTERESTING and nice to have more than just rock. Another song without a third chorus, why do they keep ending before I'm ready for them to end drama.gif 9/10

C1 The best intro so far. Doesn't build as much as I was expecting but sounding just fine anyway. Once again, way too short!?!? I heard verse, chorus, verse, then the rest was a strange interlude. Genuinely would've been like a 9.5 if it hadn't ended at like 2:30 sad.gif 8.5/10
C2 This is heavy and electronic, kind of like Krewella? Definitely held my attention! Sounded like a mess at first but by the end of the instrumental bit I was on board. 8.5/10
C3 Reggae *.* and dubstep ;o This was a pretty interesting combination, was just a little too repetitive and needed more to it. 8/10
C4 Back to rock music now, sounds almost like Boy & Bear but not as folky. This is pretty wonderful, nice and melodic. Will probably grow on me more with further listens! 9/10
C5 Nothing But Thieves *.* I don't think I know this one but I'm always up for hearing more of their songs so YAY. I was literally just discussing them with Noahspike too. 9.5/10

D1 This is....not my thing. Not awful but the chorus just went right through me. Can't enjoy every single song I guess heehee.gif 6/10
D2 Another heavy rock song, and it's better than the Orianthi one. Chorus is especially good! I gave it a second listen! 9.5/10
D3 This is another loud one, I like the vocals and overall it's good but not great. The chorus is really strong, the verses not so much, but this will probably be the one that gets stuck in my head later! 8.5/10
D4 More rock music here, I'm giving you credit here since all of these are fairly distinct so they're not just blending together. This is just okay though. 7.5/10
D5 Aww I want to like this more because it's the last song but I'm rather underwhelmed. Needs to be a little more uptempo I think...that or the vocals and instrumental don't seem to fit together. 7/10

Overall: 8.1/10. Only one song was below a 7 so hopefully you can tell I was quite happy with this! As for guessing who made it, Lindsey's probably the most obvious candidate but I could see it being Iz or Chez as well.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 18th September 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #55
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Guilty x

I tried to like split it up by genre bc I had no idea who I was making mine for so I thought well they might absolutely hate side A but then side B might be totally up their street so I'm happy with an 8/10 and those comments! ohmy.gif

SIDE A
1. xx by morgxn
2. The Fall by half-alive
3. Miss Yer Kiss by SWMRS
4. Reverse by SomeKindaWonderful
5. Skeleton Made of Diamonds by The Pearl Hearts

SIDE B
What Do I Gotta Do by Over Atlantic
2. Space by Ally Hills
3. Suffocated by Orianthi
4. Secret by Chelsea Lankes
5. High & Low by EZA

SIDE C
1. Cocaine Hearts by Nylo
2. Echo by AmaLee ft dj-Jo
3. Water Prayer Rasta Mix by Adham Shaikh (Matt The Alien Remix)
4. Anti Christ by King No-One
5. Amsterdam by Nothing But Thieves

SIDE D
1. Ribcage by Andy Black
2. One More Day by We Are The Catalyst
3. Windowmaker by Night Argent
4. The Other Line by Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
5. Abyss by Pryti

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 21st September 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Mansonette

I still haven't done this, I'm really sorry Sam as I know it's yours. I'm off to Cornwall tomorrow so realistically won't get chance until next weekend now - sorry again for the terrible example I'm setting.

If I'm honest, the main reason I'm struggling with it a bit is that I sort of find every track blends into one and I'm not really sure what to write about them. Also, it's incredibly long and most of the tracks aren't really to my tastes so I'm lacking a bit of motivation to listen to it again. Eeeeeeek sorry :/

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 21st September 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Mansonette

Oh god I feel so mean typing that which is another reason why I haven't been able to do the review!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 22nd September 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #58
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I'm unsure I'll get a chance to do this before next weekend now as well oops (sorry for being shit again, blame the lack of working wifi in my room at the moment). I will 100% post a review still though - will try to do it next Sunday or so - I just apologise for testing the patience of whoever made a CD for me! x

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 26th September 2017, 08:15 AM
Post #59
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I'm already looking forward to the next one of these biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th September 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #60
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Harve I promise I'll get my review up by the end of next week at the latest!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 03:02 PM