BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Will Young - quits pop music, 'I'm never releasing another record or stepping in a recording
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
sajjadali
post Apr 2 2018, 05:11 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,100
I'm a big WY fan.
So, he's apparently.....
never going in a recording studio again
never releasing another record

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/arti...erils-fame.html

Firstly, I'm angry, he can't just generalize all our fans years and years of support as an unhappy time of his life.
There's a little bit of now I've made my money, cya!
Also, it's all abit coincidental timing that this is at the same time he's lost his record deal with Island Records, the sales were lower than hoped is that REALLY why he's quiting. Surely if the sales had been better he'd have continued, it's all abit timed nicely..
I'm sorry if he has so many issues with it all, how is he still performing on stage every night in theatre but Strictly was too much pressure?

Just doesn't add up for me. I'm one of those fans who has supported him for SIXTEEN years now. I support his music. Nothing else. I never cared for the rest of it all.

oh and selling the BRiT Awards PUURRLEASE! We helped him win those awards I remember how much time and effort went into it by his fans including me and it meant so much when he won that Best Breakthrough Brit Award.

I'm kinda mad if i'm honest! Fair enough, health and wellbeing trumps being a popstar but he's still doing other things he's successful at. It just all seems a lousy excuse to be honest. He could easily put out records if he wanted to....Does he not realize he has fans who have supported his entire career? I would have expected a official statement on his website or something, he's owes us that right?

This post has been edited by sajjadali: Apr 2 2018, 05:12 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rob
post Apr 2 2018, 01:13 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122
April Fools?

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Apr 2 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
I swear this was posted some months ago?

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Apr 2 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
It was posted a while back. Shame as he is such a great artist but I guess if he is unhappy. The article at the time did say he didn't think he would ever record again as he is not interested in doing so at this moment in time not that he wouldn't to be fair.

+Quote this post
vibe
post Apr 2 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
He is tortured.

Fridays Child what an album !!!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 2 2018, 03:24 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
This was def posted before.

This post has been edited by Feel_The_Fever: Apr 2 2018, 03:24 PM

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Apr 2 2018, 10:37 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
This was posted a few months ago as I remember reading & making comment on the thread. It is not new news.

+Quote this post
sajjadali
post Apr 4 2018, 01:41 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
It was posted before, but he didn't seem as definite about it then he just pondered not doing a record again. He's now done a new interview this week where he more explicitly says that he plans not to record any more more music and talks about why he's quitting his pop career.

He's owes his loyal fans a official statement on his website me thinks. We've supported him for 16 years FFS.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Apr 4 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #9
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Sure Will. Comeback/farewell tour and covers album coming in 5 years time then?

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Apr 4 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I'm pretty sure this will not be indefinitely, he'll be back in about 2-3 years or so. He seems to be sorting his head out and getting stuck in to his activism at the moment.

+Quote this post
ros
post Apr 9 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,601
QUOTE(sajjadali @ Apr 4 2018, 02:41 AM) *
It was posted before, but he didn't seem as definite about it then he just pondered not doing a record again. He's now done a new interview this week where he more explicitly says that he plans not to record any more more music and talks about why he's quitting his pop career.

He's owes his loyal fans a official statement on his website me thinks. We've supported him for 16 years FFS.

He owes nobody anything. All this ‘they owe me’ is pathetic.

He split with his management comoany last year, they were the ones running his website anyway.

If you want to hear him sing, go and see him in Strictly Ballroom. It’s a great show and he does loads of singing.

+Quote this post
sajjadali
post May 11 2018, 11:50 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I am HUGE fan but i got to be honest....

While the records were selling and doing well and he was making good money from the pop career he was happy to go along with it and now that all seems to have dried up and 85% Proof underperformed and he lost his deal with Island Records after voluntarily leaving Sony after his winners contract ended, this couldn't be timed any more coincidentally if he tried.

Yep i gettit the anxiety etc he was going through but he didn't have to do all that. I mean he's doing this musical now and i wouldn't be surprised if he said in ten years he hated this too....i don't understand how you can have anxiety with the pop career but not with the shows he is doing - it's still singing in front of loads of people. Slight contradiction there for me....

I don't care what anyone says. I have been a loyal fan for 16 years and i'd have wanted a tweet or official statement on the website to the fans making us know exactly how is feeling and directly addressed to us. His fans deserve that, they went to great depths in the early start of his career to support him and i know because i was there doing that for everything he did.

This post has been edited by sajjadali: May 11 2018, 11:51 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:28 PM