BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 // Good God Girl, Get Out!, Episode 2
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
p a v
post Mar 8 2019, 11:12 AM
Post #1
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Mini Challenge: Celebrity photo bombing
Maxi Challenge: Drag parodies of Black Panther and Get Out
Guest Judges: Sydelle Noel, Bobby Moynihan

-----

I loved the challenge this week. So much fun. Many standouts. Plastique slayed it with her character and got a deserved Top 3 there. I am starting to LIVE for her even though she's so quiet all the time. I guess actions speak louder than words... Ms Silky... Talking a big game but so far rather underwhelming. And for the 2nd episode in a row it's ALL about her which starts to get annoying.

Yvie is pretty amazing, she's one of my favourites now. So many queens I don't even remember still though. Mercedes, Shuga Cain, all them Davenports.

That lip-sync was fun. Mercedes completely destroyed the raggedy mess that was Kahanna. And they finally did Work Bitch wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Mar 8 2019, 01:53 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
This season is soooo good. I could have made a case for Vanjie, Scarlett, Shuga, Yvie and Plastique all to have won that challenge. Vanjie was kind of Valentina style "laughing at her not with her" but still hilarious, Scarlett and Yvie really shone together, Shuga was just hysterical and Plastique really broke through my expectations and wasn't afraid to make herself look silly, I was worried she'd just be a look queen (and what a look this week) but I'm actually really looking forward to what she's going to bring going forward.

Agreed on Silky, she wasn't so loud and obnoxious this week but her personality is still just very grating. Very egocentric, very overly assertive. And exactly, there is very little to back it up so far! Both challenges for her have been underwhelming af and this runway look wasn't exactly mindblowing either, I can barely remember it and I just finished watching like half an hour ago laugh.gif

Kahanna was giving me white girl who watched Drag Race a few times teas in that lipsync!!! She just had the lipsync cliches as if she knew she was losing and had to stuff it all in there. I didn't know Mercedes had it in her but slay *.*

Next week looks interesting, I liked the Bossy Rossy challenge last time!

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Mar 8 2019, 05:23 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
Troye next week heart.gif

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Mar 8 2019, 05:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
The second episode was even better than the first! I loved the challenge and thought multiple queens did a really good job; Yvie, Scarlett, Shuga, Vanjie & Plastique. It made me laugh on multiple occasions and loved the Scarlett/Yvie chemistry. I was so happy when they both won as I couldn't call who would win between them + Plastique.

Also, the looks on the runway!!! So many queens had really good/amazing looks. I know it's just the second runway but I don't think I've watched a season of drag race that had such a strong cast of queens look-wise. Yvie and Scarlett were my joint favourites for the runway - I loved both of their concepts and how different they were to the other queens.

I was sad to see Mercedes in the bottom 2 and to hear her back story. I just wanted to give her a hug so bad when she started crying! I wasn't sure how she was going to be against Kahanna in a lip sync but she killed it! I hope she has a rudepmtion and starts really killing it in the competition now that she's gotten her struggle off her chest.

Next week's epsiode looks interesting, but based on Ru's 3 words about the challenge I have a feeling this is going to be a Shakesqueer MacBitch type of bad.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Mar 8 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
i still can't help but think shuga is being v underrated! i really hope she comes out of her shell now that she's stood out in one of the challenges

im also really liking brooklyn as well but she could be one of the queens that peaks too soon and then just ends up forgotten

vanjie is probably my favourite rn, her drag is stunning and she had my dying in the challenge - its just her voice it's so not what you expect to come out of her lmao

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Mar 8 2019, 11:40 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
This challenge was waaaay better than any of the acting/improv challenges in AS4! As has already been said, SO many queens shone through and I actually didn't think any of them bombed - Kahanna and Mercedes were just unfortunate to be in really minor roles, so there was no way they weren't going to be bottom. I actually hated Mercedes's runway and it's by far the ugliest of the episode but she killed the lipsync and definitely deserved to stay based on that. I loved Bobby getting his basic white boy life to the lipsync for your life and to Work Bitch of all songs *.*

I agreed with Scarlett and Yvie as the top two, I really didn't think I was going to "get" Yvie but I was totally proved wrong. Her runway was my absolute favourite this week. I'd also have put Brook Lynn as one of the best runways but she was pretty wooden in the challenge, I can't believe it took her over 5 takes and she still didn't get the intonation on "Beyon-say what" right :/

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 8 2019, 11:46 PM
Post #7
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
omg theo theres no way mercedes had the worst with kahanna in the room!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Mar 8 2019, 11:53 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
I at least enjoyed Kahanna's interpretation of the theme with the horns, Mercedes gave me nothing!!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 9 2019, 01:18 AM
Post #9
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Why is it that there's always a lack of Virgos in reality tv sad.gif
QUOTE(Kehlindsey @ Mar 8 2019, 11:02 AM) *
i still can't help but think shuga is being v underrated! i really hope she comes out of her shell now that she's stood out in one of the challenges
Shuga is AMAZING. Her runway look last week was one of my favorites. Also I don't know what Michelle was talking about with the lack of Scorpio, Shuga's hair was giving The Scorpion King REALNESS. It was a bit of a reach but fair play, definitely a creative way to apply the challenge.

QUOTE(Theonix @ Mar 8 2019, 03:53 PM) *
I at least enjoyed Kahanna's interpretation of the theme with the horns, Mercedes gave me nothing!!
Kahanna literally had horns and that was it. Almost everyone who were Aries decided to do horns but added a little bit extra , but literally nothing else in Kahanna's look suggested Aries. Mercedes, however, managed to fit the brief despite her look being extremely basic. I am a bit worried that every single Mercedes look is going to end up looking basic af.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 9 2019, 01:21 AM
Post #10
Group icon
it's a shame because i actually love mercedes' sort of unassuming, classy nature and her clean looks. she just needs to ramp up the attitude because african queens always have such fabulous references and experiences to pull from! plus she is just the cutest thing.

ps. i thought her and kahanna in the skit were absolutely HYSTERICAL but obviously not for the right reasons.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 9 2019, 01:32 AM
Post #11
Group icon
upuhleeeeeeent

YOU.
OWN.
everythaaaaaaaang

complete with the Merriam -Webster-Visage dictionary definition

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Mar 9 2019, 01:35 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
opulence, you earn everything *.*

Also I just watched Untucked bc I forgot and I'm beginning to dislike Ra'Jah, let again talking SO much and giving so little laugh.gif Like damn Yvie made one comment get over yourself.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 9 2019, 01:41 AM
Post #13
Group icon
ugh i love akeria too. she's so like... FAB but not in an overly pretentious way. she's coming across as INCREDIBLY authentic.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 9 2019, 01:42 AM
Post #14
Group icon
can we talk about this purple washout filter they have for this season? very distracting.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Mar 9 2019, 01:44 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Also Mercedes and Kahanna definitely had the worst runways which probs tipped it for them, Kahnna tried but Mercedes girl....

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 9 2019, 01:46 AM
Post #16
Group icon
QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Mar 8 2019, 05:21 PM) *
it's a shame because i actually love mercedes' sort of unassuming, classy nature and her clean looks. she just needs to ramp up the attitude because african queens always have such fabulous references and experiences to pull from! plus she is just the cutest thing.
I would actually LOVE to see Mercedes use her heritage as a muse for future challenges, similar to how Soju applies her heritage. She has SO MUCH POTENTIAL, I just don't want to see her go home because she's only doing the bare minimum. This is such a strong season, and you have to go the extra mile to stand out.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 9 2019, 10:00 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Also did they only decide to cast Capricorns, Aries, Pisces and a couple of Leos and Libras and Scorpios for diversity this season?

Joke's on them as Cancers are joint 1st for most wins bye

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Mar 9 2019, 12:18 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
Can we all agree that this was the most classic-feeling Drag Race episode we've had in a very long time?

+Quote this post
p a v
post Mar 9 2019, 12:35 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Great challenge and scripts, perfect amount of drama, not a lot of flopping and another sob story. We're back to seasons 3-6 (which is what I consider the golden era)

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 9 2019, 12:37 PM
Post #20
Group icon
QUOTE(blacksquare @ Mar 9 2019, 12:18 PM) *
Can we all agree that this was the most classic-feeling Drag Race episode we've had in a very long time?

deffo!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:27 AM