BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Born This Way Foundation, Charity directed by Lady GaGa and Mother
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Gaga Slayed You
post 13th March 2014, 09:08 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,602

Love this. They're both being so classy about this.
Hats off to them heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
maryjaneholland
post 13th March 2014, 09:15 PM
Post #22
Group icon
free my mind ARTPOP you make my heart stop
User: 20,518

very glad she posted this. smart. these accusations weren't going to go away until Gaga herself addressed them. this was a very good move.

+Quote this post
Garden Panty
post 13th March 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #23
Group icon
#Venus
User: 19,616

Good she's setting this **** straight, hope her letter catches on in media outlets.

+Quote this post
Kayla*
post 14th March 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 20,551

The articles popping up about this are really annoying me. Why do people think she should be
helping people who don't like her?

+Quote this post
maryjaneholland
post 15th March 2014, 05:26 AM
Post #25
Group icon
free my mind ARTPOP you make my heart stop
User: 20,518

QUOTE(Kayla* @ Mar 14 2014, 10:44 PM) *
The articles popping up about this are really annoying me. Why do people think she should be
helping people who don't like her?

the bus seems like it could be a good resource for anyone who sought its help. there's no obligation to be a fan, as far as I know. if people dislike her so much that they refuse to utilise it as a resource just because it's associated with her - if they know about it at all - that's not Gaga's fault. although maybe the problem is getting the word out. maybe they meant that non-fans wouldn't know much about the foundation in the first place.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 9th April 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #26
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation has announced a partnership with the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence to start an Emotion Revolution!

The project empowers high school students to create schools and communities where emotions matter. To join Emotion Revolution, go to bornthisway.foundation to take the survey and let the foundation know what inspires and empowers you the most and what's holding you back.

In October 2015, the Born This Way Foundation will host the inaugural Emotion Revolution Summit where the survey results will be revealed. During the Summit, students from across the country will have an opportunity to meet with Lady Gaga, educators, academics, and policy makers to learn ways they can accelerate positive changes in their schools and communities.

Lady Gaga talking about Emotion Revolution: http://gagadaily.com/story/lady-gaga-emotion-revolution/

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 9th April 2015, 05:00 PM
Post #27
Group icon
User: 13,007

Sounds like yet another very worthwhile cause! Hope it can help as many teenagers as possible and it's wonderful to see her continuing her work in this field <3

+Quote this post
ˇMike Rotch!
post 9th April 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

I guess she also needs a Frankie emoticon then!

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 15th April 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #29
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Raising Lady Gaga: Cynthia Germanotta on Why It’s Time for an Emotion Revolution

As a mom, it’s difficult to watch your child struggle. Whether the obstacles your child faces are physical, academic, or social, you want to do everything you can to help. But too often as a parent, you feel like you don’t have the tools you need to guide your child through the difficult experiences we all encounter growing up. This is particularly acute when the problems your son or daughter grapples with are emotional.

When my daughter Stefani—who most people know as Lady Gaga—was a child, she had to learn painful lessons about the dangers of cruelty and the importance of kindness. She was creative and unequivocally her own person, but her peers didn’t always appreciate the things that made her unique—and different. As a result, they would sometimes taunt, humiliate, or exclude her. It was hurtful for her to experience and heartbreaking for me to watch.

But this mean-spirited treatment did more than sting in the moment—it shook Stefani’s confidence. The persistent, thoughtless cruelty of her peers caused Stefani to question her identity and self-worth. That self-doubt, in turn, led to anxiety, depression, and destructive behavior. What in isolation may have been viewed as casually dispensed insults or “harmless pranks” accumulated over time, causing a ripple effect that ate away at her emotional well-being.

As difficult as those times were, however, they have enabled my daughter to bond with the millions of young people she has interacted with and impacted through her music. So many of these “Little Monsters” have endured similar situations and experienced similar feelings—from depression and loneliness to humiliation and frustration. We heard from young people around the country, and around the world, who felt like their voices weren’t being heard and their feelings weren’t being respected.

As with my daughter, too many of these young people were facing turmoil—at school, at home, or in their neighborhoods—that was impacting their emotional health and overall well-being.

As with my daughter, too many of these young people were facing turmoil—at school, at home, or in their neighborhoods—that was impacting their emotional health and overall well-being. Again and again, we heard stories of depression, anxiety, and isolation hampering their ability to thrive personally and academically. Most worrying of all were the stories that included self-harm and suicide attempts.

That’s why my daughter and I founded Born This Way Foundation. Grounded in the belief that the world can—and must—be a kinder and braver place, our organization is working to inspire young people to lead the best life possible and empower them with the tools they need to get there.

We have reached out to young people—in their communities, on the road, and online. Over just a few years, Born This Way Foundation has directly connected with hundreds of thousands of young people around the country. Through the Born Brave Bus Tour and other initiatives, we have provided youth with a safe space to tell their stories and, through partnerships with more than 50 like-minded organizations, with access to resources and services in their communities when talking is not enough.

To support these efforts, the organization is also promoting robust scientific research. In 2013 and 2014, we worked with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the National Council for Behavioral Health, and the National Association of School Psychologists to collect thousands of survey responses exploring young people’s opinions of mental health services.

This research, which was presented at the American Psychological Association, revealed that junior high and high school-age youth prefer to receive mental health services online or through texting. Service providers—such as New York City’s TXT ME pilot program—have begun to realize that the method of delivering such services is critical to their efficacy and that it is time to update our tactics. These findings informed our understanding of how to most effectively reach young people while reiterating the importance of basing our programming and approach on scientifically supported data.

That’s why Born This Way Foundation has partnered with the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence to launch the Emotion Revolution. Dedicated to building awareness of the central role emotions play in young people’s learning, decision-making, relationships, and achievement, the initiative is beginning with an unprecedented online survey of high school-age youth nationwide.

Available at EmotionRevolution.org or BornThisWay.Foundation, the survey provides an opportunity for young people to make sure their voices are heard and for researchers to study how young people actually feel, how they want to feel, and how to bridge the gap between the two. In just a few days since the survey launched, thousands of high-schoolers have already participated. This data will strengthen the scientific understanding of how to effectively build positive environments for young people and how to best equip them with the emotional tools they need to lead happy, healthy, and productive lives.

Results from the survey will be presented at the Emotion Revolution Summit this October at Yale University. My daughter and I will join Yale President Peter Salovey, the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, and hundreds of young people from around the country at this convening. The summit will serve as a platform to unveil the findings of the study as well as offer youth the opportunity to share their ideas for creating improved learning environments with key educators, academics, and policymakers.

It may sound cliché, but as an increasingly robust body of research is demonstrating, emotions play a critical role in overall well-being. From physical health to academic and professional success, how someone feels has a tremendous impact on many key aspects of his or her life. Similarly, research is also showing us that providing young people with access to adequate resources and support can make an immense difference in shaping these outcomes.

Mastering tools and strategies to flourish emotionally provides a solid foundation that can last a lifetime. While we rightly stress common core subjects such as science, math, and reading in our education system, these tools for emotional literacy are equally impactful on a young person’s long-term well-being and success. It is a skill set that will govern their ability to cope with adversity and interact productively with teachers, employers, friends, and family members.

As Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence Director Marc Brackett has said, “Research has shown us repeatedly that the skills of emotional intelligence profoundly impact a person’s ability to thrive—academically, personally, and professionally. The Emotion Revolution survey will allow us to take the emotional temperature of young people around the country, improving our understanding of how to best equip them with the tools they need to succeed in every facet of life.”

Combining Born This Way Foundation’s deep connections with young people with Yale University’s world-class researchers, this study will serve as a small but important step towards listening to youth and understanding what they need. It will help create schools and communities where youth feel safe, inspired, and empowered. It will help start an Emotion Revolution.

Source

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th April 2015, 01:27 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Carly Rae's impakt before the album is even released *.*

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 29th January 2020, 07:25 PM
Post #31
Group icon

Lady Gaga struggled with depression and feeling isolated when she was growing up and her mum think its because the star was ‘unique’ as a child.

Gaga’s mother, Cynthia Germanotta, explained that the Poker Face singer was bullied from a young age and it had a huge impact on her mental health. Speaking on Today’s Through Mom’s Eyes series, Cynthia said: ‘In middle school, because she was unique, she started experiencing a lot of struggles. ‘You know, feeling isolated from events. Humiliated. Taunted… she would start to question herself and become doubtful of her own abilities and that’s when she developed depression.

Gaga, real name Stefani Germanotta, has been pretty honest about her mental health struggles. Only this month, she was seen discussing her mental health with Oprah, including her battle with fibromyalgia, that causes pain all over the body, and PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) – which she was diagnosed with after being sexually assaulted at 19 years old. Gaga’s mum said she and the vocalist’s dad, Joe, tried their best to ‘support’ Gaga through her tough childhood, but Cynthia admits she ‘made mistakes’ as she wasn’t as clued up about her daughter’s condition as she is now. ‘I felt where I made mistakes was I didn’t really know the warning signs to look for,’ she said. Cynthia added that Gaga speaking to young people experiencing similar situations and helping them through her Born This Way foundation has been ‘very healing’ for the Shallow hit-maker.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/29/lady-gaga-st...nique-12146330/

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 29th January 2020, 07:25 PM
Post #32
Group icon

It's inspiring to see how open the mother and daughter are about mental health, particularly for younger people. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 29th January 2020, 08:26 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

The Germanotta family is amazing. They have had their struggles (alcoholism and such) but but they seem to have a very warm and close relationship with each other.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 29th January 2020, 10:28 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,043

She went through so much shit to literally go on to become one of the biggest stars on the planet. I bet the people who bullied her secretly seethe every day x

This post has been edited by Jαsє: 29th January 2020, 10:28 PM

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 29th January 2021, 06:34 PM
Post #35
Group icon

Love this! The foundation has done so much good around the world since its launch. Great to see it going from strength to strength heart.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 2nd February 2021, 09:18 PM
Post #36
Group icon

Lamborghini & Lady Gaga Are Making Dreams Possible

Stefani Germanotta is proud to be an Italian-American, and her latest collaboration is with an iconic Italian supercar manufacturer. Lamborghini and Lady Gaga are making dreams possible for kids across the U.S. As the founder of Born This Way Foundation, she and her mother Cynthia raised $333,800 by listing her Huracan EVO RWD coupe on Omaze. Today, we see the benefactors describe how the donations will be utilized. Born This Way Foundation seeks to improve the mental health of children in tough situations. We applaud Lamborghini and Lady Gaga for stepping up to such a noble task. The car was featured in her music video “911”, and the Huracan EVO RWD sends 602 horsepower to the rear wheels. The only choice you need to make is coupe or spyder!

heart.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 22nd September 2021, 06:40 AM
Post #37
Group icon

Love this!

+Quote this post
Sour Candy