BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> George's 20 Favourite Ari Tracks, Let's begin the countdown
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
George.keh
post Mar 26 2021, 10:59 PM
Post #41
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 26 2021, 10:58 PM) *
A truly out of this world song wub.gif my Ariana #2 - intrigued to see if my favourite by her is still to come!

That embed of the video has reminded me to check the views and it's now just 6 million away from a billion *.*

Yes I was super impressed by the view count when I just checked!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Mar 26 2021, 11:21 PM
Post #42
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
6. Break Free (My Everything)

From one optimistic, life-affirming banger to another in the shape of Zedd-produced My Everything cut, Break Free. This was the first song of Ariana’s that really caught my attention with all-out EDM production and lyrics that have always made this THE premium Ariana pride pick. Not to mention the stupidest, yet most incredible music video. The song almost relishes in its optimism and feels unapologetic of it’s at the time- slightly basic production, and lines that also felt dated in their “love you for you” sentiment. Wow- it really sounds like I’m dragging this song- basically I love this for being an unashamedly cheesy pop song!

So we have a top five of-
Yours Truly- 0
My Everything- 1
Dangerous Woman- 2
Sweetener- 1
Thank U Next- 1
Positions- 0

+Quote this post
Jade
post Mar 27 2021, 11:10 AM
Post #43
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
"Not to mention the stupidest, yet most incredible music video" laugh.gif

'Break Free' has grown on me a lot over the years. I used to rate 'Problem' higher than it from that era but they've definitely switched places in my affections now.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Mar 27 2021, 02:56 PM
Post #44
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
5. Love Me Harder (My Everything)

Making my top five is Love Me Harder- the electro-ballad featuring a feature from a then, relatively obscure, The Weeknd. Their voices suit, perfectly and I think this is without a doubt her best collaboration (sorry Rain On Me). The pulsing production that gets heavier as the choruses reach and then explodes into full synth-pop during the “oo”s at the end of the chorus. If this was released in 2021 the song would be a huge smash for sure- shame the world just wasn’t quite ready for this powerful combination back in ’14.

+Quote this post
coi
post Mar 27 2021, 02:59 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Definitely agree on Love Me Harder being her best collaboration! heart.gif NTLTC and Break Free also great choices.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Mar 27 2021, 04:08 PM
Post #46
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
4. Bad Idea (Thank U, Next)

A final visit to Thank U, Next now with guitar-backed trap banger, Bad Idea. A song with a catchy chorus, yes- but it’s the verses that are the true highlight of this track- almost spoken in their delivery- they are cold and some of my favourite lyrics on the album. The sudden-stop in the song followed by her belting and the string section coming in is a highlight, not to mention the re-emergence of the strings in the outro before the trap is back backing Ariana’s edited voice singing lower than Grande could even think about going.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Mar 27 2021, 05:17 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Oh yay 'Love Me Harder' top 5 wub.gif I think I'd also agree that it's Ariana's best collab, although 'Rain On Me' is not too far behind in my affections.

I didn't get 'bad idea' at first but it has massively grown on me <3

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Mar 27 2021, 06:20 PM
Post #48
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
3. Touch It (Dangerous Woman)

The highest-ranked non-single for me HAD to be Touch It. The song is a mammoth pop track featuring some of my favourite vocals and melodies from her. The lyrics are a story-telling masterpiece and the opening “How do I make the phone ring?” gets me hooked every single time, not to mention that single piano note. The chorus is an anthemic, sing(shout)along moment and it is devastating she doesn’t think that too. The electronic clashes, bangs, beeps against the raw lyrics and the insane vocals make this the highlight of Ariana’s non-singles for me.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Mar 27 2021, 06:21 PM
Post #49
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
Dangerous Woman vs Sweetener for the top spot? Any guesses?

+Quote this post
Lunar
post Mar 27 2021, 06:23 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703
I'm not actually even sure what my favourite Ariana song is tbh, but Touch It is definitely up there! wub.gif

Guessing god is a woman and Into You for the Top 2? thinking.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Mar 27 2021, 06:26 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Alone and wounded
'Touch It' is SUCH a 'Dangerous Woman' highlight wub.gif I'd love more towering synth music like that from her again! Bonus track goals.

'God is a woman' in the top 2 yes please <3 'Into You' sounds like a good shout for the other!

+Quote this post
coi
post Mar 27 2021, 06:35 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Delighted to see Touch It as high as 3rd for you, my favourite Ariana album track by some distance, glad you agree! wub.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Mar 27 2021, 07:18 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
This top 10 is STELLAR so far.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Mar 27 2021, 08:15 PM
Post #54
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
2. God is a Woman (Sweetener)

Sadly missing out on my top spot is the best of Sweetener’s holy trinity- God is a Woman- and isn’t she just. The song is a trap-influenced ode to femininity and in particular female agency- the song is a celebratory moment and one that against all the biblical references in the music video- made quite a stir. The chorus start off subtle and grows with each repetition against the guitar refrain that made this song really stand out against big hits in the chart at the time. The pre-choruses are geniuses with their quick part-sung, part-spoken moments and once that final choir comes in singing backing for Ariana the song reaches all-time-great level. Her vocals are insane, the lyricism is fun whilst also having a story-telling and meaning and the production is expensive and matches the theme perfectly.

1. Into You (Dangerous Woman)

And finally, here it is, the greatest Ariana Grande song (so far), Into You. Was there any doubt? One of the greatest pop songs of all time I’d say. From the very beginning, the pulsating beats sum up the dance direction of the song and the rather delicate delivery of the opening verse start off building into the pre-chorus of “Oh baby look what you started” which leads us into the first explosion of a chorus that build bigger each time. The huge soaring vocals found at the end as well as the added vocals of the “l-l-l-light me up” are classic killer pop and cement this song as one of the greatests. There’s an Elvis and Mariah Carey reference every chorus, there’s belting, there’s ad-libs- this is the quintessential song from Miss Grande and Ariana we are so very, Into You.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Mar 27 2021, 08:15 PM
Post #55
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
good guesses folks

+Quote this post
Jade
post Mar 27 2021, 09:09 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Alone and wounded
So pleased that you also rate 'God is a woman' so highly wub.gif I remember initially being disappointed by it but it crept up on me so quickly and then the VMAs performance properly cemented my love for it! My favourite Ari song. Really enjoyed reading your words for both that and 'Into You' - that is a banger of course *.*

Loved following this happy.gif

+Quote this post
Lunar
post Mar 27 2021, 09:12 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703
A sublime top 2! Into You is a very worthy winner heart.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:20 AM