BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Demi Lovato - Sober
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JackTheeStallion
post Jun 21 2018, 05:35 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Adore this, so beautiful. I do wish 'Daddy Issues' was a single though sad.gif.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jun 21 2018, 06:01 PM
Post #22
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(Jack @ Jun 21 2018, 10:35 AM) *
Adore this, so beautiful. I do wish 'Daddy Issues' was a single though sad.gif.
#Justice4SexyDirtyLove tho

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 21 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I can only agree that it's really raw and brutally honest. Beautiful.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 21 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
QUOTE(John-James @ Jun 21 2018, 05:54 PM) *
This put me to sleep

Keep sleeping.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 21 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #25
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
This is heartbreaking. So emotional!

I have mad respect for her.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jun 21 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
Definitely one of her best songs <3

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jun 23 2018, 11:09 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
I’m not keen on this.

After releasing bops I Believe and Solo as a featuring artist, she serves up this boring shit. What is the point?

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jun 23 2018, 11:15 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
QUOTE(Tombo @ Jun 24 2018, 12:09 AM) *
I’m not keen on this.

After releasing bops I Believe and Solo as a featuring artist, she serves up this boring shit. What is the point?

You do realise that not every single song in this world has to be happy and upbeat?

This song is so raw, emotional and shows her struggles recently. That is the point.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 23 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #29
Group icon
The ironic thing is, this is the most important song she's done since 'Skyscraper'. But ofc, I wouldn't expect you to get that.

I'm sure you're just saying things for the sake of saying things and trolling but just in case...

This isn't about you not liking the song (that's fine, it's your opinion), this is about your inability to see things objectively. I'm pretty sure this is gonna connect on such a deep and personal level with SO many people who have relapsed before.

THAT is the point of the song.

Edit: Obvz @ Tombo. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jun 23 2018, 11:55 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jun 24 2018, 12:42 AM) *
The ironic thing is, this is the most important song she's done since 'Skyscraper'. But ofc, I wouldn't expect you to get that.

I'm sure you're just saying things for the sake of saying things and trolling but just in case...

This isn't about you not liking the song (that's fine, it's your opinion), this is about your inability to see things objectively. I'm pretty sure this is gonna connect on such a deep and personal level with SO many people who have relapsed before.

I’ve had drinking troubles in the past but I just find the song boring

Hollywood Undead have done songs about relying on alcohol and they’ve connected with me a lot more than this has

Also Sia’s Chandelier is about being addicted to drink/drugs and that is a song I like, although Demi’s song is obviously a lot more stripped back so maybe it’s not a good comparison

I just find Sober very dull and boring , maybe it is the sort of song that you have to hear a few times

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 24 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #31
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jun 24 2018, 12:42 AM) *

THIS. I honestly don't know why he's not banned.

On topic, what a sad, yet georgous song wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jun 24 2018, 12:10 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 24 2018, 01:00 AM) *
THIS. I honestly don't know why he's not banned.

On topic, what a sad, yet georgous song wub.gif

I admit I have mentioned Ariana a fair amount recently but other than that I don’t see why I should be banned just for having opinions on songs when music discussion is one of the points of the site nocheer.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 24 2018, 12:28 AM
Post #33
Group icon
QUOTE(Tombo @ Jun 24 2018, 12:55 AM) *
I’ve had drinking troubles in the past but I just find the song boring

Hollywood Undead have done songs about relying on alcohol and they’ve connected with me a lot more than this has

Also Sia’s Chandelier is about being addicted to drink/drugs and that is a song I like, although Demi’s song is obviously a lot more stripped back so maybe it’s not a good comparison
I just find Sober very dull and boring , maybe it is the sort of song that you have to hear a few times
Sorry to hear that you've had drinking troubles in the past. But this is much more of a song with a more meaningful message than just being addicted to drinking. This is her admitting that after 6 years of not drinking, she relapsed and is feeling so much remorse and guilt for doing so. It's also a topic that needs more mainstream attention. My post was more in reply to you saying "what is the point?" and basically brushing it off just coz you don't like it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jun 24 2018, 12:35 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jun 24 2018, 01:28 AM) *
Sorry to hear that you've had drinking troubles in the past. But this is much more of a song with a more meaningful message than just being addicted to drinking. This is her admitting that after 6 years of not drinking, she relapsed and is feeling so much remorse and guilt for doing so. It's also a topic that needs more mainstream attention. My post was more in reply to you saying "what is the point?" and basically brushing it off just coz you don't like it laugh.gif

Ah ok, fair enough. I just thought she was gonna come back with a bang as she tweeted recently about moving on from the last album and Solo was out so I thought she would follow on in a similar sort of way.

I didn’t realise she had relapsed for the first time in 6 years and I wasn’t even sure if it was her current situation or a song about what happened in the past. She must be going through a lot mentally at the moment

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 24 2018, 09:26 AM
Post #35
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(Tombo @ Jun 24 2018, 01:10 AM) *
I admit I have mentioned Ariana a fair amount recently but other than that I don’t see why I should be banned just for having opinions on songs when music discussion is one of the points of the site nocheer.gif

Being banned is harsh, but sometimes you say things which make you come across as a simpleton (if you want the blunt honesty), plus you'll literally harp on about how you don't like something at length until you're blue in the face and then more often than not change your mind about that weeks later.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 25 2018, 01:32 AM
Post #36
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Completely agree, I'm sorry but I can't see how you can dismiss a song like this... It's not about it being a "bop", this shows her as much more of an artist with a song that means something... There are so many meaningless "bops" in the chart, her coming back with something that is important to her is so needed in the current climate. It's something raw and personal to her and she probably felt better saying it through song. She probably didn't think "oh let's make it a banger so that people who can't be bothered to listen to a message think my new era is starting off well", the "bops" that keep her name out there as a feature allow her to do this with her solo stuff. Collabs were never gonna indicate the whole album anyway... I don't see why there is a need to dump the contrary opinion with very little justification all the time because it comes across as if you don't actually have much conviction in your opinion.

Not liking the song for it being not your thing, fine, ofc there is not going to a universally loved song no matter how important the message is. But it's nothing short of completely ignorant to say the song has no point because it isn't the "bop" you wanted when she is opening up about something that is probably the hardest thing for her to talk about.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Jun 25 2018, 02:02 AM
Post #37
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835
I realised I never posted about this when it came out but after a few listens to f***, this song is beautiful and powerful. I love it when Demi goes really raw and vulnerable. I don't mind that sometimes she releases these type of singles because we don't need bops all the time. She has a voice and message that she brilliantly showcases in these type of songs.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jun 25 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
I did think it was strange that she wasnt performing ‘skyscraper’ on the tour (albeit its essentially her biggest single id say) but perhaps she has slight guilt performing it...

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jun 25 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
But this is a nice enough song, i prefer ‘stone cold’ on the emotional ballad front though but at least shes not screeching on this song as she seems to do nowadays

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 24 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #40
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Demi's had a heroin overdose cry.gif hopefully she'll be ok ❤️

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:28 PM