BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Artists who have featured themselves in their own chart hits, Don't laugh, you know what I mean.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ne Plus Ultra
post 31st December 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,817

This thread is about recording acts who have put themselves as featured artists in their own songs.

For starters:

Wham! featuring George Michael - Careless Whisper (in the US, it was classified like this)
A.R. Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls featuring Nicole Scherzinger - Jai Ho (You Are My Destiny) [I believe it was the same for "Hush Hush" too]. laugh.gif

And I believe there was a greatest hits album by M-People that was classified as M-People featuring Heather Small that included several versions of her classic "Proud". laugh.gif

Any other strange occurences like this?

This post has been edited by BusterPoindexter: 31st December 2010, 01:39 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
DanChartFan
post 31st December 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 3,866

It all comes down to what label they are on at the time of the release I think. I believe Heather Small moved labels for her solo career and then had to be credited separately on M People releases thereafter.
A similar thing to what you are talking about is when the lead singer gets sort of promoted eg The Supremes becoming Diana Ross and the Supremes etc again it can be the result of label changes.

+Quote this post
Ne Plus Ultra
post 31st December 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,817

QUOTE(DanChartFan @ Dec 31 2010, 02:19 AM) *
It all comes down to what label they are on at the time of the release I think. I believe Heather Small moved labels for her solo career and then had to be credited separately on M People releases thereafter.
A similar thing to what you are talking about is when the lead singer gets sort of promoted eg The Supremes becoming Diana Ross and the Supremes etc again it can be the result of label changes.

Oh, I see. I didn't know that. ohmy.gif Thanks!

I was wondering why "Careless Whisper" was credited to Wham! featuring George Michael. Wham! hadn't officially broken up yet but they were about to though, I suppose!

+Quote this post
madollar
post 31st December 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 12,444

The name Wham! was known in the States, whereas the name George Michael wasn't.

+Quote this post
MTV79
post 1st January 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,316

The remix of 1988 hit I Want You Back reads Michael Jackson With The Jackson 5

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread