BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Previous Chart Show Presenter Bloopers
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
sm1ffj
post 1st November 2014, 10:18 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,629

Can anyone think of any bloopers previous chart show presenters did.

The list of presenters:

Alan Freeman

Tom Browne

Simon Bates

Tony Blackburn: Classic one "Durun Durun" in 1981

Tommy Vance

Richard Skinner

Bruno Brookes: Classic one: Oblivious to a song with 20+ F**** going out on air in 1993

Mark Goodier

Wes Butters

JK & Joel

Fearne & Reggie: Probably many

Jameela Jamil: Being covered already in the Top 40 Moments thread.

Can You think of any more
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 1st November 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #2
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Another Bruno Brookes one:

In July 1992 just after "Sexy MF" by Prince was played as the highest new entry at #7, Bruno said "Top tits... er, comin' at ya." instead of hits.

http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/sounds/bruno_top_tits.mp3

+Quote this post
Riser
post 1st November 2014, 11:32 PM
Post #3
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

My favorite was Reggie playing "Gravity" by Embrace instead of "Gravity" by Pixie Lott. Mostly because the former is one of my all-time faves and it was a fun surprise to hear it on the chart show laugh.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
paulgilb
post 2nd November 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 55

Mark Goodier - saying that Ian Van Dahl's Castles In The Sky reached #1

Wes - 'Will this week's #1 be the one remaining new entry or the one remaining non-mover?'

JK & Joel - saying that The Pigeon Detectives' album was 'out tomorrow' when they had just announced it as a new entry a few minutes earlier

+Quote this post
timelord2014
post 2nd November 2014, 03:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
New Entry
User: 20,808

All time classic has to be Bruno playing full uncensored version of 'Killing In The Name' in 93 by accident!

+Quote this post
zenon
post 2nd November 2014, 04:01 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,809

JK and Joel always saying 'back up' whenever a song has climbed even if it hadn't before.

+Quote this post
Robbie
post 2nd November 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 366

Mark Goodier getting his timing so far out on the top 40 he presented on Sunday 27 August 1989 and as a result of running late he had to skip playing the number 2 single - 'Ride On Time' by Black Box - so that he could fit in both the rundown of the Top 40 and play the number 1 before 7pm. Black Box were on their way up the chart at the time and climbed to number 1 the following week.

+Quote this post
Robbie
post 2nd November 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Tommy Vance was well known for liking a drink or two on a Sunday afternoon before he presented the Top 40. This was back in the days when pubs were only allowed to open from noon to 2pm and 7pm to 10.30pm on a Sunday. He found a pub near Radio 1 that did lock-ins on a Sunday afternoon and would often make it to the studio just in time to do the top 40. Sometimes he would be slightly the worse for wear... as he was on an edition of the top 40 he hosted one Sunday afternoon in May 1982. Back then the DJ would line up the singles themselves on the turntable and the records they had to play would be stacked up near the the twin turntables. While playing 'I Love Rock 'N' Roll' by Joan Jett And The Blackhearts, Vance, in a slightly inebriated state, managed to knock over the pile of records near the turntable that was playing the Joan Jett single. The pile of records crashed onto the record player, sent the needle flying across the record (there was a glorious scratching and banging sound live on air when this happened!). This was followed by a few seconds of silence before Vance sheepishly came on air to announce he didn't know what had happened and he then proceeded to put the needle back on the record and play a little bit more of the Joan Jett single, After it had finished for a second time - this time without incident - he said there had been a problem with the needle! He then quickly moved on to playing the next single which was, if I recall, the appropriately named 'I Won't Let You Down'...

I still have this wonderful incident on tape!

+Quote this post
Robbie
post 2nd November 2014, 04:35 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

A final blooper... Reggie had an annoying habit when saying how many weeks a single had been on the charts of constantly taking one week off the chart run. So, for example, if a record was on its second week on the chart he would say it had "1 week on the chart", for a record in its third week it was "2 weeks on the chart" etc. I don't know if he was reading the weeks on chart from the script of his computer or whether he was sitting down and working out the weeks himself. But either way, he was usually wrong.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 07:12 AM