BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hunted • Series 2, Going on the run for £100,000
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Sep 19 2016, 11:53 AM
Post #1
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Channel 4's critical and ratings success 'Hunted' returns for a second series on Thursday and this time, the 'fugitives' are playing for £100,000! The show sees ordinary people, either in pairs or individually, go on the run from a team of expert hunters who have access to all the technology needed to locate people. If they evade capture and get to a specific location within 28 days, they win £100,000. Evading capture means that the 'fugitives' have to become invisible as their bank cards, phones etc can all be traced within minutes and CCTV makes it even harder to go by unnoticed.

I really enjoyed the series last year and it had a really gripping final episode! Some people last year were immediately caught after one silly mistake but one person kept phoning home yet managed to last the full 28 days!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Sep 21 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #2
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

I'm expecting they'll be more advanced in capturing people. I enjoyed this series last year glad this is back.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 22 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Very excited for this, and the fact money is involved should make it even more realistic this time round and blow away any feelings of fabrication that I remember feeling at the end of last year's series - not that it affected my enjoyment of the show at all.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Sep 22 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #4
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Truly gripping stuff in the first episode how did Jez escape from the hunters? Wow!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Sep 22 2016, 09:54 PM
Post #5
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

Excellent first episode, possibly even more gripping than last year particularly in those last few moments! I do think they maybe let them have a chance of leaving to make good TV though kink.gif

I liked the new format of showing all the fugitives at once and therefore showing each of their progress at a roughly comparative time. It kind of increases the tension as its less obvious who will last and who will get hunted. Last year in hindsight, they perhaps gave some away by focusing on some for all the episodes and some for one episode.

Lol at that mother giving away some of her daughter's plans and I was howling at that kid revealing the backpack colour. Also found it funny at that guy who evaded capture because he got lost! It does sometimes seem that chanceing it allows for better chances than being extremely prepared.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. I'm particularly intrigued as to what the two girls do and whether they'll be similar to the two girls last year.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 22 2016, 10:13 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Yes I'm definitely preferring the more "game show" type format rather than the "real life thriller movie" they tried to do last time. I'm liking that there are less fugitives and that they are already all introduced to us, easier to keep track of and reinforces the game show element which is the correct route for this show to go down I think.

A little annoying that they didn't just go in the restaurant and get rid of them straight away, hopefully these little "mistakes" don't become too frequent - just as they left it a few minutes too late to plant the tracker on the wife's car earlier in the day. But overall a fantastic episode, and I'm glad that even though it was 75 minutes long they only had three advert breaks I believe - really helped the show flow

I'm most intrigued by the two girls too, for the same reason you mention!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Sep 29 2016, 10:17 PM
Post #7
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

I definitely think I'm enjoying this series even more! There may be an uncertainty over how real certain aspects are (how come so many people saw their appeals when I never saw anything or heard about it) but it doesn't stop it from being edge of your seat stuff.

Those military guys might have been better going somewhere with lots of traffic lights in order to evade them. That Scottish woman as well who was slagging off those guys yet gives them information herself whilst enjoying her product placement McCafe coffee!! I'm glad the girls managed to escape from that but I'm worried about the drones that appear at the start of the episode. tbh I'm pretty impressed that the woman and guy managed to evade capture for so long whilst living a more luxury lifestyle on the run.

Pretty impressed with how that househusband with his high-vis jacket is doing considering his initial moments! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 22 2016, 01:46 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Oct 12 2015, 07:13 PM) *
Just watched the first 5 episodes over the past couple of days and it's a fantastic show! It reminds me of Lost, which I remember watching when I was very young (not the Lost drama series from recent years) and some of the strategies the teams in Hunted use, especially Emily and Lauren, were very reminiscent of what I remember from Lost with the hitch-hiking and sneaking on trains!

Very excited for the final program, I think at least one of the girls will manage to avoid being found - them two splitting up could actually have helped them in the long run as it's made it harder to find the pair of them!

Remember posting this in the Hunted series 1 thread, and I've actually found the episodes of this Lost! show on YouTube. There were 5 different races, with each race consisting of 3 episodes. I've embedded the first part of episode 1 below and you can find all of the episodes for the first 4 races on the same YouTube channel. Unfortunately the fifth and final race is missing and seems to be nowhere on the internet, all I remember from that race was that they were dropped in Azerbaijan and it involved hiding in train toilets to avoid paying - but I remember it was a classic.

If you enjoy Hunted, I couldn't recommend watching these episodes on YouTube enough. It's refreshingly real and unfabricated and a fascinating watch! I hadn't seen these episodes since they were first aired - I was only 6 at the time! - so rewatching them now is like a brand new show, but a couple of contestants and scenarios did ring bells!

This is the first TV show I truly loved and has always been in my head over the 15 years since, please give watching this a go as it is absolutely fantastic! I'm convinced that the idea of Hunted came from this show as well.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 27 2016, 09:49 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

For the second series in a row, it is such a shame the producers felt they had to "fake" an ending for a little bit of added drama. Not sure why they need to have an extraction point and it all just felt too fabricated at the end, but I'm glad the winners got away - although I imagine that was always the plan once they'd reached the final few hours and the whole "hunters going to the extraction point" was just for the sake of the show. As a result I'm not sure I completely believe that the photo the hunters got of the Yorkshire girls was truly from the general public, rather a "replication" of what the general public could have submitted to them.

Overall a great series yet again, and probably better than the first with the format, but the ending left a slight bitter taste just as it did last time.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 27 2016, 11:40 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Hmmm, that makes me think I probably won't bother finishing this, it's irked me a bit more with how staged it all seems recently. The bit that did it for me was when they were outside the restaurant with the two soldiers and they actually waited until they saw them instead of just going up to them and detaining them! Had to wait a few week for some drama I guess.

I know all reality shows are scripted to a degree, but I did like how 'real' this seemed and increasingly what I saw of this series felt a lot less believable.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Oct 29 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I still feel as though this was mostly all real, and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to series 3!

And I'd love to go on one year~

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:16 AM