BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Non-Stop, well, Liam Neeson is in it, so....
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post 4th March 2014, 09:33 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Box office topper in the US, Liam plays a completely different character to his previous blockbusters. Err, OK I lie, he always plays Liam Neeson, only the accent slightly alters. It's a fairly mindless action romp, a 5 out of 10 popcorn movie. It would have been 6 out of 10 but for the bit near the end involving a little girl, which is so manipulative and sick-bag-inducing I knocked a point off. 5 out of 10, though, ranks among the best Liam movies for me. Usually, it's 2 or 3...!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 9th March 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

I really loved this, I'm a sucker for a good plane movie. Kept me gripped trying to look for hints, really liked the cast and in general the lack of believability didn't halt my enjoyment (although really, the majority surviving after a bomb has torn half the plane apart and the co-pilot has had to land like that..)

The reveal was alright and mostly made sense but there are a couple of things unexplained to my knowledge (how did they know so much about him? How did they know about him smoking in the lavatory too? unsure.gif)

Would happily watch it again on DVD. happy.gif

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 11th March 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Actually I found this pretty good in the end, you just didn't know who was the bomber, let alone 2 of them, just kept you guessing until nearer the end, I did have my suspicions one of the stewardess and the other cop.

+Quote this post
JSG
post 29th May 2014, 10:52 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Just watched this after streaming it online. We were gonna see it at the cinema but Jamie's mum said it was shit, so we waited to see it til now.

I love an airplane movie. They're Amazing usually and this was no exception.
Liam Neeson is Amazing usually and he was just as good here. I felt sorry for home near the end before the reveal.

I would happily recommend this to anyone!! smile.gif

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 30th May 2014, 07:59 AM
Post #5
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

Watched this In the cinema. It is brilliant, I loved the acting and the suspense throughout the film. It was the first time I actually felt really bad for the main character as he tries to do everything to save the people on the plain

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 9th November 2015, 11:33 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"Non-Stop" is a claustrophobic adventure that unfolds in a Boeing 767. It was released in late February of last year but I had the chance to see it at the beginning of July after a neighborhood open air cinema chose to screen it at a reduced price. The truth is that I was not crazy about watching this movie, although it had been advertised a lot when it was initially released in my country. However, Liam Neeson is considered a guarantee in action movies and it is no coincidence that I have watched the majority of his movies at the cinema in the last six years such as The Other Man, Taken, Chloe, Clash of the Titans, The A-Team, The Next Three Days, Unknown, Grey, Wrath of the Titans, Battleship, Taken 2 and A Million Ways to Die in the West.
The central character of the story is Bill Marks, an alcoholic, psychological, unstable air marshal, who is receiving threatening messages on his cell phone during a transatlantic flight. The unknown sender of these messages requires from the airline to pay $150 million to the account of Bill Marks, but if they do not, a passenger will die every 20 minutes. This will be something new for Bill Marks, since he starts to think that this is a hoax. However, things will become increasingly pressing with the passage of time and Bill Marks will be the one who will try to maintain security and calm in the plane. "Non- Stop" does not differ much from similar movies of its kind but I can say that the beginning is very good! It has pretty good directing, elaborate montage, plenty of suspense, scalable development and good performances from the main actors, Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore. You couldn’t be sure which of the passengers was behind the threatening messages and you changed your mind a lot during the plot. John W. Richardson, Chris Roach and Ryan Engle wrote a tight script while the Spanish Jaume Collet-Serra successfully adapted it to the cinema screen. Having seen previous works of the latter like House of Wax, Orphan and Unknown, I can say that he is very good at creating an atmosphere of mystery in his films. Something that he repeated in "Non-Stop". However, all these good intentions vanished in the last half hour of the film, since we saw one extravagance after another while the finale was more tragic than my country’s economy. It was the ultimate “cinematic uncool”! The producers had a very interesting story on their hands that could make the difference under the supervision and direction of Jaume Collet-Serra but it seems that they preferred to change it into a brainless Hollywood action movie. Let alone, the bad intentions of the sender were mildly unacceptable and should not have a reason to exist. The large film studios should be more careful about the scenarios which they approve every time, because there are dangerous people like Andreas Lubitz that can be identified with the evil characters they watch on the big screen and pushed them somehow to their sketchy acts! Only if you see this movie, you'll understand.
"Non-Stop" definitely belongs to those films that have a frustrating and miserable ending. Also, it’s one of the movies that its performance hits rock bottom in the last thirty minutes. In contrast to, of course, the first hour of its plot, which holds the interest of the viewer, makes you to think that you will see the top psychological thriller of the year. Despite this, its total revenues were very good worldwide ($50,000,000 cost-received $222.8 million) and it was received a relatively good average score in IMDb (7,0). I see that those who went to see it, they are fans of action movies or they are fans of Liam Neeson, but in no case "Non-Stop" deserves a score like this. I couldn’t help but wonder if the producers make money from these stories and viewers like watching them at the cinema. So I have to ask myself why not stop investing in them? They have a large fanbase although their content is not the best. Moreover, qualitative movies are sitting heavy on the stomachs of most viewers and it’s difficult for them to use their brain.

This post has been edited by Insomnio: 10th November 2015, 10:50 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:21 PM