BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Wicked | Christmas 2019, Film Adaptation Of The Musical!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 16th June 2016, 11:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Finally a release date announced for the movie version of Wicked 💚 Have been waiting for this for about at least 4 years so I'm so excited that something finally seems to be happening! (Even if it is ages away!)

Who do you want to play Elphaba and Glinda?

And defying gravity on the big screen will be *.* 💖
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th June 2016, 12:15 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Really pleased about this news. I would LOVE for them to do the live singing thing that was done with 'Les Miserables'! Hope they know what they want to do with it.

Which one is the one Idina plays? Coz I think Samantha Barks would do that role well. (I speak as if I know what I'm talking about, I don't. I really wanna see the musical though!)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 17th June 2016, 07:05 AM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Very excited for this, my second favourite musical I've seen live (behind Lion Kin, ofc!) and the book was equally as good too. Really hope things move smoothly and we don't get any pushbacks.

I hope they don't do too much snipping and we get near enough full versions of the best songs like No One Mourns the Wicked, Popular etc. And I really don't want Something Baaad to be cut but already thinking it will be sad.gif

Samantha Barks would be fantastic I think for Elphaba. I hope we get cameos from the likes of Idina too.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 17th June 2016, 08:12 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

YAAAAAS

I don't really have any worries about them doing the 'big' songs right, but I will be so very pissed off if they mess with No One Mourns The Wicked.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th February 2019, 11:47 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Been pushed back 2 years (hardly surprising when they have NO cast as of yet laugh.gif)

22nd December 2021 now.

Long time to wait. It's gonna be directed by Stephen Daldry (who did 'Billy Elliott I believe).

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 11:14 PM