BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Best X Factor Live Show Performances, (By contestants)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Sep 8 2017, 10:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
OK. So we've had the best auditions and guest performance topics. But what were your favourite live show performances by actual contestants?

One of my personal favourites was JLS on Michael Jackson week in their year doing 'The Way You Make Me Feel'. I dare say this was the performance, for me, where they turned into serious contenders. The vocals, the choreography, all on point.

Little Mix on the week they did 'Don't Let Go' for those same reasons was a favourite of mine. Such a perfect song for them and I think that's what won them the whole series TBH.

Honourable mentions also: Shayne Ward doing 'If You're Not the One' (that falsetto. Just brilliant)

Olly Murs doing 'Twist and Shout' (suited him down to the ground. Also the first appearance of the Olly wiggle)

And just for pure TV gold, and her reaction of HOLY S***BALLS I AM SINGING WITH MY IDOL, Alexandra Burke with Beyoncé:

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Sep 8 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Was never a big fan of his on the show but Matt Cardle's First Time Ever I Saw Your Face always stands out to me.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 9 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
QUOTE(Dobbo @ Sep 8 2017, 11:22 PM) *
Was never a big fan of his on the show but Matt Cardle's First Time Ever I Saw Your Face always stands out to me.

THIS. That rendition is the only time I've ever downloaded one of the X Factor covers I believe.

~~~

Tried to think of a non-obvious choice here ('cause you guys know I love the likes of Olly and Little Mix as well), soooo I thought this was such a good performance:

Such a shame she went downhill so quickly!

~~~

Also, this was a guilty pleasure performance and I was sad to see them kicked out that week

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 9 2017, 12:47 AM
Post #4
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

THIS. I adore this performance, her vocals are INSANE here.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 9 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Don't Let Go by Little Mix is obviously the ultimate, they basically won it from then on. E.T. was promising and showed they had a real chance beyond being a fluke success or just scraping by up to that point because the others were crap (I liked all their performances though bar the Super Bass one). They might as well have ended th show there and then once they pulled that one out.

I think my second would be Stay by Cher Lloyd. A total shock as she'd been this ballsy ready mde popstar but this time she just came out and sang and proved she could move us with it. She isn't Whitney Houston but she sang it beautifully and didn't stray from the haunting vibe that makes that song so special.

Fr my less obvious choice, one I don't see mentioned a lot is Stacey's Who Wants To Live Forever. It had such power and was just stunning, I remember being transfixed by it.

Actually I'll do my faves from each series from 3 on, while I'm here laugh.gif
Series 3: Leona - Summertime
Series 4: Nikki - My Heart Will Go On I guess, horrid series obv
Series 5: Alexandra - Listen (w. Beyonce) // Diana - Call Me
Series 6: Stacey - Who Wants To Live Forever // Olly - Come Together (not just for his hairy chest I promise although that helps x otherwise I'd have gone Fool In Love for THOSE trousers )
Series 7: Cher - Stay // Rebecca - Show Me Love // Matt - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Series 8: Little Mix - Don't Let Go // Amelia Lily - The Show Must Go On
Series 9: Ella - Loving You (really weak series for these, that's the only one I can think of that would contend if I did say a countdown of these)
Series 10: as above, rpetty weak but probably something by Sam, I'll say The Power Of Love.
Series 11: Fleur - Uptown Funk // Lauren - What A Feeling
Series 12: Louisa - It's A Man's Man's Man's World, The Power Of Love
Series 13: Saara - The Winner Takes It All, No More Tears, Chandelier (holy trinity goals)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:31 PM