BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Worldvision VI | The Results, Final scoreboard on page 3.
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post 8th March 2022, 09:07 PM
Post #61
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

I wonder if Hendinia really cares much for things BJSC related these days if they fail to vote. The new Snake? (especially given that they send a song from COBRAH last year kink.gif)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 8th March 2022, 09:13 PM
Post #62
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

Sorry I wasn't following most of this live, did not realise it had started oops - I was watching live for the last few votes but thought I might as well wait until the end to comment.

*____* at history repeating itself again with Hendinia giving away a win to Jadakissnia because of a deduction, literally what are the odds of that happening three separate times... well congrats Jade on another win anyway and 'Daca Il Vedeti' is certainly a much better song than 'Leopard' so kink.gif

Surprised to see Vülkyria doing so well but very glad as it was one of my faves, parts of it sounded a little bit like Mikael Seifu (another Ethiopian artist I sent to the main contest before) albeit other parts going in a slightly more 'western' sounding direction, it was a tune nonetheless! Excellent to see Pestolia making the top 10 too, we need more of these dark synthy entries like this and 'The Perfect Girl' heart.gif I'd forgotten it was a Ukrainian artist that won the last edition of this, would have been appropriate for them to win again this time but a good enough result anyway. Also voted for Dobago and Mosquetania from the top 10 and Quintessa only just missed out for me.

Thanks very much to Noche for the 12 heart.gif very sorry that I wasn't quite able to return any points to my fellow Arabic entry, I did like it but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't heard better songs from Mashrou' Leila before oops D: Cheers also to Chez for another medal position and Dobbo, Savan, Rollo, uhsting, Iz, Frank, Jade and Meekul for the other points, wasn't sure how this one would go down so I'm quite happy with a top half finish, not quite my worst performing Worldvision entry at least!

Thanks for hosting Noche, made a good few nice discoveries from this as usual!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 8th March 2022, 09:16 PM
Post #63
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Wow you couldn't make that up rotf.gif History really does repeat itself here. Anyway, that was a great winner however it got there, congrats to Jade! Romania certainly has a great dance scene as I discovered last time. Great to see Ukraine, Zimbabwe and Albania do really well too, the latter was like watching a Monty Python sketch, glorious!

Flopping as expected oops, but thanks to the few of you that threw it some points. I didn't really find a lot to work with with Cameroon though it was certainly a unique music research experience which is always the best thing about these.

Thanks for hosting so well, Noche!

+Quote this post
seven.
post 8th March 2022, 09:41 PM
Post #64
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428

No Guns to the Wedding got 4th? 💀 massive, Trifoski's brass/jazz entries have been getting more successful over time lol

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 8th March 2022, 10:04 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

17th place wasn't too bad after a poor start. Thanks to everyone who gave points to Belgium, especially Jade and Lindsey for the 10s.

Congrats to Jade for winning and thanks to Noche for hosting so well.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 8th March 2022, 10:08 PM
Post #66
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

I'll take 20th - thanks all for the points, glad people enjoyed the song as much as I did!

Congrats to Jade as well, just outside my points but it was a stellar contest and that song was great as well. Thanks NocheLuna for the great job of hosting!

+Quote this post
Lindsey.
post 8th March 2022, 10:10 PM
Post #67
Group icon
a femininomenon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Oh that's a shock!!! Thanks guys and big well done to jade wub.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 8th March 2022, 10:15 PM
Post #68
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Forgot to extend my congratulations to Jade! Not a song that I've warmed up to yet but poor Hendinia denied a win for not voting sad.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 8th March 2022, 10:16 PM
Post #69
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Congrats Jade! And thanks for hosting NocheLuna!

A very distant last for me sadly but glad to see a few people took to it.

Klum deserved higher, I liked it more than any of the songs in the regular contest this month!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 8th March 2022, 11:04 PM
Post #70
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Congrats Jade and great to see Lindsey in the runner-up position! Thank you NocheLuna for hosting (absolutely beautiful images throughout this thread) and thank you to my supporters, I think going for that hard drop limited my voters but it's a very good hard drop and the song is very... wistful and so feels like it's showing off a South East Asian sound more than perhaps a V-Pop entry would have done.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 8th March 2022, 11:32 PM
Post #71
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I’m howling laugh.gif

How am I so accidentally good at spin offs but so bad at actually remembering to vote? I’m just such a good friend, Jade x

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 8th March 2022, 11:43 PM
Post #72
Group icon
Shikanokonokonoko Koshitantan
User: 127,479

Not really expecting to finish higher than 25th, so I'm quite satisfied. Thanks Wardy, Linds, Cody, Frank, Klum, Diva, Silas, Leww, and Dan for the votes.

Congratulations Jade and thanks Noche for the hosting! happy.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 9th March 2022, 01:19 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

What were the other occasions Hendinia not voting gave the win to Jadakissnia?

Congrats to both Rob & Jade either way! They were my +8 & +7 so either winning is a good outcome. Vukyria top 3 is pleasing as that was one of the most standout entries.

6th is very decent indeed for my entry! Thanks to the voters.

QUOTE(Izzy 💀 @ Mar 8 2022, 11:04 PM) *
Congrats Jade and great to see Lindsey in the runner-up position! Thank you NocheLuna for hosting (absolutely beautiful images throughout this thread) and thank you to my supporters, I think going for that hard drop limited my voters but it's a very good hard drop and the song is very... wistful and so feels like it's showing off a South East Asian sound more than perhaps a V-Pop entry would have done.

Well the hard drop certainly got me on board. As I said this was a pretty meh edition but your entry was a shining light in much blandness!

FSR Rontvia last though is offensive, 2 entries paid dirt this month :/

Great effort with hosting NocheLuna clap.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th March 2022, 01:32 PM
Post #74
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(Dobbo. @ Mar 9 2022, 01:19 PM) *
FSR Rontvia last though is offensive, 2 entries paid dirt this month :/

Your near standalone support is duly noted! <3 I did wonder if this might be one for you as it had the same sort of charm that I found in Vuli Ndlela.

It doesn't get much worse than a DNQ in one contest and last by miles in another, so it can only go up from here! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th March 2022, 02:42 PM
Post #75
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

I definitely don't think your entry deserved to come last either - fell just short of my votes but it was quite a memorable and wholesome track, shame it didn't find more fans.

QUOTE(Dobbo. @ Mar 9 2022, 01:19 PM) *
What were the other occasions Hendinia not voting gave the win to Jadakissnia?

00s Dance Anthems and the first Worldvision. (And in Worldvision II Jadakissnia finished one place ahead of a deducted Hendinia as well laugh.gif although that was only in 29th/30th on that occasion).

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 10th March 2022, 07:40 PM
Post #76
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

Very happy to have taken Ethiopia all the way to 3rd place (my best ever result here!)

It was quite the challenge to find an entry and I'm thrilled Batisso struck a chord with a lot of yous.

Great winner too, it was just outside my Top 10 smile.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 5th June 2024, 09:42 PM