BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> POP FORUM SONG CONTEST V ~ Confirmations, synthpop & electropop theme / no more entries pls x
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 25th June 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

hi.gif Pop Forum! Following my highly unlikely victory in the last one of these back in November (you really let ME win a contest in the pop forum? and in a ballads theme no less?), I'm back to kick off the fifth edition of the Pop Forum Song Contest. Let's have a quick reminder of what won it for me last time around ohmy.gif

I'm sure most of y'all know what this is but in case there's anyone reading this who doesn't know about PFSC and the other similar contests on the site, it's a contest in which you (anonymously) submit a song and all the other participants vote for their favourites among all the songs submitted, a la Eurovision. The winner gets bragging rights for life and the opportunity to host PFSC VI. Anyone can enter even if you haven't entered any other BuzzJack song contests before so don't be afraid to dive in, it'd be nice to see some new people participating! cool.gif

We do have some important rules of course, and a thank you to the lovely pop mod Cameron for providing a nice copy and pastable list for me xx

1. The song must not have reached the top 100 in the UK chart and not a massive hit in its country of origin
2. The Artist must not have an Artist Forum on Buzzjack
3. Any song that we feel is giving other songs an unfair advantage (eg, Sales) or somewhat fits the veto rules (popular on the forum) will still be vetoed
4. For this contest, we are intrigued by artists that are perhaps not known outside of their own country. We want to discover the best of pop
5. An artist will only get one entry per contest, so first come first served
6. The song must not have been a top 20 hit in another song contest on the site. However, a song that has previously been entered into these contests may still be vetoed.

So what that boils down to is you want to find a song that people are not likely to know already, and preferably by an artist who's not too well-known as well. The pop mods will have the final say on if any entries violate those rules. In addition to that, as usual we have a theme for this round and this time it is...

SYNTHPOP & ELECTROPOP

Don't worry too much about what does and doesn't classify as being specifically in those genres - essentially I'm just looking for any poppy song that uses synths and electronics as its main musical elements in lieu of traditional instruments, could be anything from the 'classic' 80s style synthpop (The Human League et al) to the sound of the likes of early Gaga and Kesha for example. Basically if you think it could qualify as poppy and synth-y or electronic-y then it'll probably be fine (as long as it complies with the other rules of course), it's not meant to be a super restrictive theme. Of course if anyone has any questions about anything feel free to ask in the thread or send me a PM. x

~~~~~~~

To enter your song for this contest, just drop a PM in my inbox with the following details:

Artist:
Song:
Audio link (YouTube/SoundCloud etc.):

If you want to send in an MP3 download link as well then feel free, I may or may not bother with making an MP3 pack for this contest (I don't see there being much demand for one honestly).

I'll set a deadline for a week from now, so Monday 2nd July 2018 at 23:59 BST, with the voting thread set to go up the following day if all goes smoothly. I won't be super strict about the deadline if anyone wants to enter but is slightly late, that's just a guideline x

Please remember this contest is anonymous so do not tell anyone what you are sending or leave any hints about it!

Confirmed participants (29):
¡ʎpp∀
AuraMasterCody
awardinary
Bré
BridgeCow
Cameron
Chez Wombat
Cucumberella
danG
Dexton
Dobbo
FrankLuck
HarryEzra
HausofTove
Iz
Jade
Jonjo
JSG
Jüpiter
King Rollo
Leonardo
lewistgreen
Liаm
Lindsey 🙃
Mattias
SevenSeize
travis
UltraReputation
WhoOdyssey
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 25th June 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #2
Group icon

If real instruments are more your bag then there's another contest that my lovely partner Jade has dropped in tandem with this one over in the Indie/Rock/Alternative forum...

Click here to peep Nuggets 10 cool.gif The voting won't be overlapping for these as confirmations for Nuggets are open for an extra week, so hopefully it won't be too much on people's plate to enter both contests. x

(me and Jade are simultaneously the last winners of these contests, of course we were gonna start the follow-ups at the same time xx)

Ironically I actually have an entry ready for Nuggets already but not for this which I am hosting myself. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 25th June 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Can't believe it's not Ballads sad.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 25th June 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #4
Group icon

That was the theme of the last one Meek x

+Quote this post
Jade
post 25th June 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

This theme looks ridiculously up my street so consider me hyped. Will get hunting soon!

Thank you for the promo also *.* x

+Quote this post
m
post 25th June 2018, 10:53 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

I have like 4 songs I wanna send so far help

+Quote this post
Jade
post 26th June 2018, 12:14 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Confirmed! Hope this entry can do better than my last one.

+Quote this post
m
post 26th June 2018, 07:40 AM
Post #8
Group icon

That Bré winner of this contest is really pretty btw - I can see why it won!

As for the Q. entry for this edition of the contest, there is one song I'm strongly leaning towards sending but I'll probably give it a few more days before I enter.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 26th June 2018, 12:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Confiremd!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 26th June 2018, 12:49 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Really not sure about this theme, I'll have to have a proper look if I'm gonna enter

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 26th June 2018, 01:03 PM
Post #11
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I think I have a song for this but it will probably not be allowed in for a variety of reasons

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 26th June 2018, 01:08 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

I don't listen to this type of music tbh do I think I'll enter nuggets instead. But need to find oot what theme and stuff they have for dat

+Quote this post
Travis
post 26th June 2018, 01:27 PM
Post #13
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

I HAVE SO MANY OPTIONS FOR THIS. Gotta make myself a shortlist and play them on repeat until I can decide. Will be confirming for this soon~

+Quote this post
m
post 26th June 2018, 02:26 PM
Post #14
Group icon

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 26 2018, 01:49 PM) *
Really not sure about this theme, I'll have to have a proper look if I'm gonna enter

I feel like this theme is fairly broad, I also do like that Bré specifically made a point to say in the OP that it's not a restrictive theme and pretty much anything that even remotely fits, fits tongue.gif haha... for want of a better way of putting it. Then again, I don't know everything about your taste so what may seem like an easy, broad theme to me may not seem that way for others. I think a variety of things that are electronic-y and poppy would work here!

QUOTE(Queef of Skreech @ Jun 26 2018, 02:08 PM) *
I don't listen to this type of music tbh do I think I'll enter nuggets instead. But need to find oot what theme and stuff they have for dat

Nuggets theme = features a (lead) guitar and no cheap hoe tongue.gif

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 26th June 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #15
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

I'm not sure about this one, the only synthpop artists I can think of are far too big for this!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 26th June 2018, 04:01 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(Q. @ Jun 26 2018, 03:26 PM) *
I feel like this theme is fairly broad, I also do like that Bré specifically made a point to say in the OP that it's not a restrictive theme and pretty much anything that even remotely fits, fits tongue.gif haha... for want of a better way of putting it. Then again, I don't know everything about your taste so what may seem like an easy, broad theme to me may not seem that way for others. I think a variety of things that are electronic-y and poppy would work here!
Nuggets theme = features a (lead) guitar and no cheap hoe tongue.gif

Oh ://

Can it be acoustic guitar?

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 26th June 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #17
Group icon
User: 13,007

Confiremd!

+Quote this post
m
post 26th June 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(Queef of Skreech @ Jun 26 2018, 05:01 PM) *
Oh ://

Can it be acoustic guitar?

Yes! biggrin.gif

In the words of (one of) the creator(s): Be it acoustic, experimental, any of the multifarious metal sub-genres, or some undiscovered world music. As long as its main instrument is guitar and as long as they've never had a hit in the UK then they're in. There will be no restriction on gender of vocalist or length of track.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 26th June 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

NO HIT EVER?

Shet.

Mm I will have to give both a miss laugh.gif

+Quote this post
m
post 26th June 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #20
Group icon

QUOTE(Queef of Skreech @ Jun 26 2018, 05:15 PM) *
NO HIT EVER?

Shet.

Mm I will have to give both a miss laugh.gif

Well tbh that may have changed by now, the song you send cannot have been a hit (in the UK top 75 singles or album chart) but I'm not exactly sure about other songs by the same artist! We're probably gonna have to stop discussing another genre forum's song contest in here kink.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 02:35 PM