BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
28 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Man United Supporters Thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post 18th August 2022, 10:13 AM
Post #1
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

It's see if this works,

A thread for Man United supporters to discuss everything to do with Man United.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 18th August 2022, 10:15 AM
Post #2
Group icon

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to buy Manchester United.

News of the 69-year-old's interest follows a Bloomberg report that the Glazer family are willing to sell a minority stake in the club.

"If the club is for sale, Jim is definitely a potential buyer," Ratcliffe's spokesperson told The Times.

"If something like this was possible, we would be interested in talking with a view to long-term ownership."

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 18th August 2022, 10:34 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

As long as we avoid losing by a 5+ goal margin against Liverpool next Monday we still won't have had as bad a start to the season as Arsenal did last season (3 losses, 0 goals scored, 9 conceded) and look at them now, things can change VERY quickly in football!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 18th August 2022, 11:35 AM
Post #4
Group icon

What would it take to actually fix us for this season?

Casmerio
Sommer
De Jong
Dest
Antony
Vardy

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 18th August 2022, 11:56 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I would totally take Casemiro. I know he's not played in the PL before but I think he's one of the world's best in his position so would be the optimal choice. I'll believe it when I see it though!

Saying that, him alone won't fix us. The club is broken from top to bottom right now so you could have the world XI playing for us and things would still probably go wrong.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 18th August 2022, 12:15 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

To change the Club the owners have to go. That is the only way any meaningful change will ever happen. We need new owners, proper investment in our infrax (the club has money but it lines the glazers pockets and pays their debts instead of building better training facilities and upgrading OT), and a proper football structure fit for the 2020‘s that is independent of interference from the board and the commercial side.

Until the fundamentally f***ed back office is fixed the club will remain disfunctional and fail to live up to its potential

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 18th August 2022, 01:56 PM
Post #7
Group icon

Who would you want as a new owner?

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 18th August 2022, 02:47 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

New owners for Manchester United will mean jack all if the Glazers sell it to a private equity firm like Apollo Management, as they'll do the same as them or worse - loading the company with debt with eye watering interest, asset stripping, and running it solely for extracting pounds out of its century-old reputation. That's not to say the other options, such as selling it to countries or organizations looking to white-wash their reputations, are any better. The best (realistic) hope is that it's bought over by a very rich man who genuinely loves the club, given that the best option, being owned by the supporters, is nigh-on impossible.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 18th August 2022, 04:53 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

Great idea for a thread this is! It should help other teams in the league get more of a focus in the main Premier League thread. Also echoing what has been said already the Glazers definitely need to go, I don't know if Jim Ratcliffe would be the right person to take over though but to be honest I don't know anything about him anyway.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 18th August 2022, 05:14 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

QUOTE(Houdini @ Aug 18 2022, 05:53 PM) *
Great idea for a thread this is!

Thanks, it was my idea and Mack implemented it. As a Manchester United fan myself, I’ll try and contribute to the thread in the future but it’s good to see that there is interest for investment but I fear as others do that nothing will change until the Glazers go, and all signs show that ain’t happening ever.

Any transfer news or rumours from this week to share in here Mack?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 18th August 2022, 05:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Casemiro reeks of Varane MK II. He's almost unlike a DM or pivot player Ten Haag usually goes for - probably coming for his last pay day now Tchoumanei and Camavinga are at Madrid. They must be licking their lips.

And Ratcliffe would be a good owner. But he's done exactly the same PR move as he did with Chelsea. Can't see the Glazers selling, I'm not even sure they would sell part of the club to fund infastructure improvements.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 18th August 2022, 09:21 PM
Post #12
Group icon

QUOTE(awardinary @ Aug 18 2022, 06:14 PM) *
Thanks, it was my idea and Mack implemented it. As a Manchester United fan myself, I’ll try and contribute to the thread in the future but it’s good to see that there is interest for investment but I fear as others do that nothing will change until the Glazers go, and all signs show that ain’t happening ever.

Any transfer news or rumours from this week to share in here Mack?

Just to say many thanks for this idea, Wardy, smile.gif

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 18th August 2022, 11:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Casimero is a good player imo but 60m would be too much to pay for a 30 yo, it’s United though!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 18th August 2022, 11:28 PM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Aug 19 2022, 12:00 AM) *
Casimero is a good player imo but 60m would be too much to pay for a 30 yo, it’s United though!

He is a good player, but it just seems like a bad signing. Ten Haag was obsessed with de Jong as his #6. Yes, Casemiro can play as a #6 but as a totally different type. He is not progressive and is protective. Just seems like a daft signing to appease the fans ahead of the Liverpool game. The leaks coming out that he is going to bet getting a payrise from Madrid, but not at Ronaldo's levels. It's honestly like they have not learned their lessons over the last 9 years and seem fixated on attracting players coming for one last big pay day.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th August 2022, 11:56 AM
Post #15
Group icon

Manchester United hope to announce the signing of Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro for close to £60m in the next few days and are also now fully turning their attentions to PSV Eindhoven winger Cody Gakpo who will cost around £34m.
An alternative option to Gakpo is the Atletico Madrid forward Yannick Carrasco, who is priced at £25.5m, after United failed with a bid of £67.6m for Ajax's Antony who was their first choice.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th August 2022, 11:56 AM
Post #16
Group icon

Manchester United hope to announce the signing of Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro for close to £60m in the next few days and are also now fully turning their attentions to PSV Eindhoven winger Cody Gakpo who will cost around £34m.
An alternative option to Gakpo is the Atletico Madrid forward Yannick Carrasco, who is priced at £25.5m, after United failed with a bid of £67.6m for Ajax's Antony who was their first choice.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th August 2022, 01:43 PM
Post #17
Group icon

Ronaldo, will he stay or go?

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 19th August 2022, 01:57 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I think he's got to stay now. Nowhere else wants him other than clubs outside of Europe and it seems his only interest is the Champions League so he's in a bit of a hole now.

I don't want him to go. All this talk of him downing tools and causing discontent in the dressing room but I don't see how that benefits him? He's still got a World Cup to go soon so will need to be in tip top shape and form.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 19th August 2022, 06:23 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

Jamie O'Hara thinks that we might get relegated this season. Hyperbole "journalism" at it's finest there.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th August 2022, 11:24 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Manchester United have not ruled out making an improved bid for Ajax forward Antony after the Dutch club rejected a £68m (€80m) offer.

+Quote this post

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:06 PM