BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MYLO - Album #2?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Brett-Butler
post May 29 2016, 12:11 PM
Post #1
Howdy, disco citizens
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

It's been 13 years since Mylo dropped his debut album "Destroy Rock & Roll", which dropped massive dance hits like "Drop The Pressure", "In My Arms", the eponymous title track and with a little help from Miami Sound Machine, "Dr Pressure". Now it seems that he's lining up to release album #2, after such a long delay which he has hinted has been due to legal issues. He's releasing 3 "Transmissions" every week, which appear to be snippets from songs that he's recorded in the interim.

Tansmission #1 -

And #2 -

Neither sound like smash hits, but both sound similar to the album tracks from that era, and are both rather relaxing.

So, album #2 is finally upon us?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post May 29 2016, 02:18 PM
Post #2
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ May 29 2016, 01:11 PM) *
It's been 13 years since Mylo dropped his debut album "Destroy Rock & Roll", which dropped massive dance hits like "Drop The Pressure", "In My Arms", the eponymous title track and with a little help from Miami Sound Machine, "Dr Pressure". Now it seems that he's lining up to release album #2, after such a long delay which he has hinted has been due to legal issues. He's releasing 3 "Transmissions" every week, which appear to be snippets from songs that he's recorded in the interim.

Tansmission #1 -

And #2 -

Neither sound like smash hits, but both sound similar to the album tracks from that era, and are both rather relaxing.

So, album #2 is finally upon us?

I did like Mylo, one of the big three dance acts of 2004- 2006 along with The Shapeshifters and Freemasons.

Drop The Pressure was a very underground sounding song at the time to be a hit, minimal tech house a bit like Riton or Format B.

Doctor Pressure confused me when I was younger, as to why this old song from what i thought was Gloria Estefan was suddenly being played again everywhere.

But in general the mid 2000s dance scene which Mylo was part of was a breath of fresh air for me after the terrible cheesy stuff from Soda Club, Flip and Fill's dreadful later stuff (such a disappointment after the excellent True Love Never Dies), Special D and Ultrabeat - Elysium I Go Crazy in 2003 and early 2004.

I hope Radio 1 gives Mylo's new stuff airplay, probably the likes of Pete Tong will although he might not make the playlist unfortunately

This post has been edited by TheSnake: May 29 2016, 02:19 PM

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 31 2016, 08:09 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Transmission #3 -

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:31 PM