BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How Would You Have Handled The Third Era?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
First Single
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 5 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
I think the double album is on the money tbh - that, or just stick with pop. They had recorded a cover of Madonna's Holiday, wanted Sisters and We Are Family. Three songs done, Tell Me Why dance, four, Right Back At Ya pop, 5, Goodbye, Woman, etc. They had more than enough for a strong, final pop album. Hollier is one of their best tracks ever, but it would still fit on a pop album. It's not hardcore rnb at all.

Listen to that dance remix they were sitting on! That should have been a single and the album version. I also really like the video as it is basically a montage of all theit best bits, solo and group. It really sums them up and makes you feel nostalgic.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post Aug 6 2019, 08:08 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
The pop direction with those songs listed would have been the way to go.
It would provided the girls with some change but also kept enough to hold the existing fanbase of their style of music.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Aug 6 2019, 08:58 PM
Post #23
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
I totally agree that having a Pop album released in 1999, with 'W.O.M.A.N.' released in the summer as the lead single, and then have either 'Pain Proof' or 'Right Back At Ya' (Pop Version), as the 2nd single in Oct/November '99, followed by the album, then have a ballad for X-Mas, 'A Day In Your Life' (maybe), then follow with a 4th single for early '00, and then have the 'Forever' album follow in that same year.

I have found some tracks that were recorded during the 1999 period, and apart from the ones that have leaked I don't know what the others sound like, but maybe it could have looked something like this... (I have placed them in alphabetical order)

1. A Day In Your Life
2. Go, Go, Go
3. Give You What You Want
4. Image & Likeness
5. My Strongest Suit
6. Overnight
7. Pain Proof
8. Right Back At Ya [Pop Version]
9. Too Hot
10. Treasure
11. W.O.M.A.N.
12. Goodbye

As for 'Forever', I'd keep 'Holler/Let Love Lead The Way', as the lead, followed by the album and have the planned follow ups 'If U Wanna Have Some Fun', 'Tell Me Why' & 'Weekend Love' released as wall. Below this is a rough idea of what their entire discography could look like =

June '96 - Wannabe
Oct '96 - Say You'll Be There
Dec '96 - 2 Become 1
March '97 - Mama/Who Do You Think You Are
Oct '97 - Spice Up Your Life
Dec '97 - Too Much
March '98 - Stop
July '98 - Viva Forever
Dec '98 - Goodbye
July '99 - W.O.M.A.N.
Oct '99 - Pain Proof
Dec '99 - A Day In Your Life
March '00 - Right Back At Ya/My Strongest Suit
Oct '00 - Holler/Let Love Lead The Way
Jan '01 - If U Wanna Have Some Fun
April '01 - Tell Me Why
Aug '01 - Weekend Love

Just a rough idea, tell me what u guys think....

This post has been edited by SamJudd: Aug 6 2019, 08:58 PM

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Aug 6 2019, 09:08 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
I love Strongest Suit, but wasn't that a track for Elton's album? I actuslly think with a proper Elton feature it would have made a really good single!

I actually agree with that entire list you've put. The last singles after Hollier would have all peaked top 10 at beast, but that's okay, they would have advertised it as their final album anyway.

I need to hear Image and Likeness, Too Hot snd Go Go Go! Go Spice with the go, go, go, we girls gonna take control. Wonder if those were the lyrics... You never know. The industry reuse old assets.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:39 PM