BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Chromatica sounds most like..... (a poll), Which of Gagas pop albums does Chromatica most resemble?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
What Gaga pop album does Chromatica resemble most?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Jordanlee
post Jun 4 2020, 03:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I’ve seen a lot of tweets and comments regarding Chromatica and a lot of differing opinions on what era they think Chromatica most resembles.

I’ve not included Joanne, Cheek to Cheek or ASIB on here as it’s pretty clear they’re vastly different.

But what era do you think Chromatica is closest too from her pop catalogue.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 4 2020, 06:17 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007
This is really tough! It stands out as its own sound and aesthetic.

Lyrically I think it's closest to Born This Way in its maturity and some of the songs have sonic crossover with tracks there too, so I've gone with that.

2nd is probably ARTPOP through some of the production choices but this is much more fluid and less harsh sounding.

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post Jun 4 2020, 06:21 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
Why can’t I vote Joanne?

kink.gif

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Jun 4 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
It is pretty tough, maybe because this album is so cohesive. It's definitely not TFM, Chromatica's sound is too light imo.

On the one hand, I think every song on Chromatica could fit on ARTPOP but that's because ARTPOP was so diverse literally anything could be chucked on it and fit in.

But as it is so cohesive and it some parts maybe "samey" it's not really that ARTPOPy. I think its most like The Fame but if the songs from The Fame were handed to BTW and ARTPOP producers and writers to remix or add to.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 4 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Jord
I think it’s description kinda fits ARTPOP but it’s much less harsh than that era as you said Haus! I don’t think it sounds much like ARTPOP tbh maybe 911 at a push but nothing else. It’s not as overproduced as ARTPOP and it feels more natural sounding than that era.

I kinda see it lyrically as being reminiscent of Born This Way but I think this is kinda like The Fame era Gaga again. She’s got her sense of fun back with this era and it’s kinda like she’s been re born again too. It’s kinda like a re polished The Fame. The lyrics are dark but they’re sung and produced in such a bright way that I just wanna dance to it in the same way I would The Fame.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jun 4 2020, 08:20 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Definitely ARTPOP!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 4 2020, 10:43 PM
Post #7
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
It's a cross between BTW and ARTPOP but ultimately I went for BTW, idk if y'all agree but it's not...weird enough to be ARTPOP laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 11 2020, 11:34 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Jord
Andrew you kinda hit the nail on the head there by the not weird enough to be ARTPOP comment.

That’s what I think by the actual sound of the album. It’s a dance album with electronic influences like ARTPOP but it’s much more simplistic in the melodies and there’s less happening on each song so it kind of flows better and the message is easier to understand.

Chromatica for me is like a revival of the The Fame era in terms of the sound but the impact it’s had on me is like a Born This Way sort of impact. I think it’s like a lighter Born This Way lyrically but the production flits between The Fame and the more commercial half of ARTPOP.

anyone else got any thoughts on this? smile.gif

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post Jun 12 2020, 04:39 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307
ARTPPOP and Born This Way's lovechild.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jun 14 2020, 04:29 PM
Post #10
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
'Chromatica' is 'ARTPOP' but better in every way imo

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:30 AM