BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> England's next manager, Who do you think should get the job
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Dobbo
post Jul 20 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

So it's been all but confirmed it's Allardyce.

Probably the best current English manager & the board said they wanted an English manager so... not too many complaints from me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jul 20 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I suppose I shall have to be prepared to be bored rigid watching England games. I just hope the FA get rid of him quickly if he proves to be as baad as I fear.

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Jul 20 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

If i remember correctly Sam Allardyce nearly had a heart attack some years ago, let's hope this job doesn't tip him over the edge. What next for Sunderland?

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Jul 20 2016, 06:15 PM
Post #24
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

I'm very happy with Allardyce. For me, he's quite easily the best choice out of the realistic candidates.
If we could have had anymore, I would have liked to see either Dyche or Howe (or both like Iceland biggrin.gif) but I can certainly see why neither of them would want the job, especially this early in their careers.

+Quote Post
RabbitFurCoat
post Jul 20 2016, 06:27 PM
Post #25
IncredibleSquirrel
Member No.: 118
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jul 20 2016, 07:07 PM) *
I suppose I shall have to be prepared to be bored rigid watching England games. I just hope the FA get rid of him quickly if he proves to be as baad as I fear.

Because we've been so exciting for the past decade....

More than happy with Allardyce, mainly because it means it's not a whole host of people. Not Pardew. Not Sherwood. Not Bruce. Not Southgate, or Hoddle, Shearer, Neville...

Even the foreign coaches that are realistic are mainly dull and uninspiring. Hiddink? Maybe I guess. Wenger? Just the manager we need to stop England bottling it on the big occasion. Klinnsmann? I know very little but I'm always wary of any manager where the vast majority of fans of they're current team are hoping someone else appoints him when linked. Only person I think who may have been a semi-realistic candidate that I might have got properly excited about is Benitez...

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 20 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #26
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

I like to see him not being afraid to pick players who are in form from unfashionable clubs and not rely on just supposedly star names. This could be dull. Not expecting much. 1-0 all the way probably.

+Quote Post
RabbitFurCoat
post Jul 20 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #27
IncredibleSquirrel
Member No.: 118
   No Gallery Pics

I think he's more likely to pick someone like Antonio or Dann, but also quite likely to keep Rooney in the team but then I think the person who decides when Wayne Rooney stops being an automatic starter is Wayne Rooney, which is a shame, and he won't play him in midfield!

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Jul 20 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #28
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Member No.: 2

Guess I have to live with that, I wish Eddie Howe took the job though. Just have to see what he is going to bring to the table.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 20 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #29
   No Gallery Pics

I would like to see Antonio, Noble or Carroll get picked if they continue their form from last season. It could have been worth a shot at Eddie Howe been given the job see what would happened there.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jul 20 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I think Eddie Howe is a definite contender for the England job at some point, but I would prefer to see him gain more experience before he gets it. Even if he doesn't get it for another five years, he would still only be 43. That would still give him a decent chance of bucking the trend and being a long-term manager.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jul 20 2016, 09:22 PM
Post #31
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I'm coming round to the idea more of him.

I think he'll make us less of a primmadonna team and unlike Hodgson, I think he actually has some balls and his methodology and thinking is probably more in like with 2016 rather than 10 years out of date. We'll see though.. if anything it highlights the lack of good quality English coaches out there.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jul 21 2016, 06:43 AM
Post #32
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I don't think we should jump to conclusions - if we manage to keep up a solid record as expected by the end of 2016 then I'll be happy.

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Jul 21 2016, 07:54 AM
Post #33
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Member No.: 10,596

I'm also coming round to the idea of him. He's not Pulis, his teams will play some quite decent stuff if he's given full control over tactics. I do feel a bit for Sunderland though!

+Quote Post
richie
post Jul 25 2016, 07:53 AM
Post #34
Poet and Storyteller
Member No.: 166
   No Gallery Pics

I think a little compensation for the uncertainty at Sunderland would go a long way. But really, the best way to repay the players at the Stadium of Light is for the England manager to occasionally watch the likes of Lee Cattermole who should have played for England by now (and would have if he'd been signed by Liverpool or Spurs) - maybe Big Sam will do that.

Anyway, very happy with David Moyes and hopefully there's time to get a few new signings in and bedded in before the new season starts.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Oct 11 2016, 10:33 PM
Post #35
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jul 13 2016, 12:05 PM) *
Allardyce is talks with the FA.

Oh England, when will you learn.

They clearly didn't did they?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:43 PM