BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
29 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor: Celebrity, Autumn 2019 | ITV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Padamic Tension
post Nov 3 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #341
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
Such car crash, outcomes like the last 2 shows is why x factor is just nothing anymore, Simon should have voted Martin off, bottom 2 for 2 weeks, cant sing and forgets the words, what else does he have to do to get the boot and why is Simon saving him. Vinny getting high praise from the judges despite it been a low to average karaoke performance

This post has been edited by Feel_The_Fever: Nov 3 2019, 04:19 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Adam
post Nov 3 2019, 05:28 PM
Post #342
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682
Yep it's like Simon sees what makes his show a laughing stock each time and thrives on repeating those things. Either he's doing it on purpose as that's when they get most column inches or he's complete tone deaf as to what made his show work once. It was just a series of embarrassments.

The fact we've lost four acts yet still have the THREE worst ones, when we've had the chance to get rid of one. And never had the chance to even vote one out.

I thought most people were worse than last week. Even Megan who was great was worse. V5 were good but more of the same. Max and Harvey were alright but worse for me. Jonny was worse, really off at the start. NLL got some elements right but there was some definite caterwauling. Jenny was off. Victoria started well but lost steam. Try Star were embarrassing. Martin and Vinnie.... hmmm.

The only actual improvement was Kevin to be honest, he was great.

I would probably stop watching if I wasn't already planning to watch with a friend next week lol. We used to watch XF together at Uni and we adored it. It's a shame what it is now. Even from the auditions it's taken a nosedive.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Nov 3 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #343
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
This genuinely would’ve done so much better had it been for charity. I’ve said it before but they can’t plug it as a serious show with the winner getting a recording contract whilst saving Martin Bashir two weeks running against someone who can actually hold a tune.

If this was a regular X Factor season theres only Megan and V5 who would have gotten to the six chair stage of the show never mind the lives.

+Quote this post
Billy.
post Nov 3 2019, 09:32 PM
Post #344
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095
QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Nov 3 2019, 09:06 PM) *
This genuinely would’ve done so much better had it been for charity. I’ve said it before but they can’t plug it as a serious show with the winner getting a recording contract whilst saving Martin Bashir two weeks running against someone who can actually hold a tune.

If this was a regular X Factor season theres only Megan and V5 who would have gotten to the six chair stage of the show never mind the lives.

I don’t see how though - do the public really care the reason for the show, as it wouldn’t have been muchdifferent tonally.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Nov 4 2019, 01:26 AM
Post #345
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Caught up and...... jesus.

01 Megan - not even close, it's so effortless with her and to think she's writing the songs too and has the material ready!
----
02 No Love Lost - idc I love them, this was worse than week 1 but still v good and I think behind Megan they have the most potential commercially.
03 Kevin - shocked at how good this was, such a massive improvement on last week.
04 Victoria - she can do better, this was an odd song choice really but she killed it as much as she could, how on EARTH did she go after that?!
---
05 V5 - they're very put together but this left me a bit cold, I want them to go out of their comfort zone a bit!
06 Jenny - love her obv but she's giving me Tesco Mary vibes with both the styling and this song choice rotf.gif This was fine but I won't really go back to it.
07 Max & Harvey - they're fine but like V5, you know exactly what you're getting every time.
08 Jonny - I mean I'm not a fan but idg how last week Simon was hyping that he set the standard but this time Simon is yapping on about it being karaoke or whatever he said, idk what was different about this?? If anything, if they're looking for an artist he was part way there and knew where he fit in the market, or where he hoped to fit in at least.
09 Try Star - cringe, I mean they're not absolutely shite or anything but I cba with the conveniently timed sentimental rugby tie-in and none of them can sing that well. Decidedly less enjoyable when there's no sex appeal to the performance....
---
10 Martin - at least the car crash was entertaining....
11 Vinnie - they could have honestly gone out onto the street 10 minutes before the show and picked the first person who went by, gave them that song and they could have done that performance - somehow it was even worse than last time. Ik I said this last week, but I struggle to think of many live performances worse than that in the history of the show!

I thought last week was bad enough! I didn't even like Jonny, less than Olivia, but for Simon to throw away a frontrunner in favour of someone who forgot their words and can barely sing a note... It just makes me think that they know the show is losing steam so Simon is just doing whatever will grab attention and headlines, a good old shock/controversial elimination.

It's not even that Martin and Vinnie are so shit as such, it's that one minute they're going on about gaps in the market and being an artist, but they allow both of those to be probably the two worst singers ever to make the live shows without so much as a word! I mean good on them for giving it a go and having fun but it's just making the show beyond a joke. If I was Jonny or Victoria, who both seem to have a genuine passion for music, know where they want to go and pushed for it, I would be absolutely livid! The judges may as well not be there, what with the comments making 0 sense with 0 consistency, Simon abstaining from voting (seriously wtf was that), and Nicole clearly not giving a shit about her own acts and giving a safe seat to Try Star instead.

I know that I won't stop watching though, when shit like this goes on I'm always like "oh let's see how much worse it gets" laugh.gif And tbf I still think it's better than the terminally dull last regular series! It's just so contrived, it's such a shame because to start with this had exactly the right tone and felt like they were gonna get it so right :/ I know they can't help shock voting results, but I think it's probably quite close with low voting numbers (I imagine it's Megan and probably Vinnie quite a way ahead then maybe a couple of others and there's probably not a lot in the bottom ends) so being cynical it feels like it's quite easy for them to throw someone under the bus by knocking them off their perch with the comments they gave Jonny and Victoria!

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 5 2019, 07:08 PM
Post #346
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
The result was just terrible.
Simon seems to want to bury a sinking ship.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post Nov 8 2019, 07:52 PM
Post #347
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179
⁠Song choices this week !

Kevin: Don't Start Now
Megan: Half Of My Heart
Jenny: Edge Of Glory
Martin: That's Life
Vinnie: It Must Be Love/House Of Fun
Max & Harvey: Can't Hold Us
Try Star: No Diggity
V5: Motivation/Like It Like That
No Love Lost: Money Where Your Mouth Is

I’m pretty sure Try Star have sung No Diggity already or am I making that up ? laugh.gif Looking forward to Megan and No Love Lost’s original songs.

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Nov 8 2019, 08:04 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Nov 8 2019, 08:06 PM
Post #348
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Yeah they did No Diggity in the first round laugh.gif Jenny getting an uptempo finally *.*

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Nov 8 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #349
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
Don’t Start Now *.*

+Quote this post
Calum
post Nov 8 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #350
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
Vinnie and Martin's choices drama.gif I can already hear and see Vinnie shouting House of Fun and prancing around like an idiot.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Nov 8 2019, 11:07 PM
Post #351
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Kevin singing the #1 song last week and the #2 song this week! He’s had the best song choices but I’m not overly keen on his voice.

I can see Jenny doing Gaga well, and V5 singing Motivation, shame that songs on ACR sad.gif

Any news on who this weeks guest is? If there is one.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Nov 9 2019, 02:40 PM
Post #352
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Surely Martin won't be able to win a sing-off?

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Nov 9 2019, 03:05 PM
Post #353
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
Any word on when they’re getting rid of the safe seat twist

+Quote this post
Calum
post Nov 9 2019, 04:55 PM
Post #354
Group icon
nabad
I don't see what difference it'll make having a sing-off really - like last week any of them could just refuse to vote and take it to deadlock and we end up with more ridiculous results :')

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post Nov 9 2019, 05:16 PM
Post #355
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471
I'm still watching because it's easy, leave your brain at the door, stuff. But jesus wept this is tragic.

Martin and Vinnie are beyond dreadful. And I don't know what other people are hearing in Jenny's voice as it's going right through me. She literally shouts like she's dropped her larynx so much that it's giving this weird possessed sound. There's no tuning or melody in there, it's so awful.

Kevin impressed me hugely last week, after being underwhelmed by him. He brought it in a big way. Megan and V5 are also brilliant. Victoria was absolutely robbed.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Nov 9 2019, 06:02 PM
Post #356
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
If Martin doesn't go this week (if he's in the bottom 2) it'll be hilarious. If there's 2 going I think it'll be him and Jenny. I think Vinnie will be in for a while yet unfortunately

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Nov 9 2019, 06:32 PM
Post #357
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Just cancel this mess/carcrash of a show laugh.gif

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post Nov 9 2019, 06:53 PM
Post #358
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179
QUOTE(PaulM1983 @ Nov 9 2019, 05:16 PM) *
I'm still watching because it's easy, leave your brain at the door, stuff. But jesus wept this is tragic.

Martin and Vinnie are beyond dreadful. And I don't know what other people are hearing in Jenny's voice as it's going right through me. She literally shouts like she's dropped her larynx so much that it's giving this weird possessed sound. There's no tuning or melody in there, it's so awful.

Kevin impressed me hugely last week, after being underwhelmed by him. He brought it in a big way. Megan and V5 are also brilliant. Victoria was absolutely robbed.
Glad I’m not the only one really not a fan of Jenny’s voice at all and well Martin and Vinnie are obviously trash. Victoria was literally the only saving grace in the overs category and of course she’s been eliminated sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post Nov 9 2019, 08:15 PM
Post #359
Group icon
nabad
go home Kevin

+Quote this post
Jason
post Nov 9 2019, 08:28 PM
Post #360
Group icon
I've been looking for a Lasting Lover
User: 3,149
QUOTE(Calum @ Nov 9 2019, 08:15 PM) *
go home Kevin

HA! Not this week. happy.gif

I just hope Nicole doesn't save Martin drama.gif

+Quote this post

29 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:16 PM