BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Once Upon A One More Time • Broadway
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 13th March 2019, 09:22 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

It’s Broadway, bitch!

The music of Britney Spears will feature in Once Upon a One More Time, a new musical that that’s headed to the stage this fall. Written by Jon Hartmere (The Upside, Bare) and directed by Kristin Hanggi (Rock of Ages), the show follows the exploits of a group of fairy tale princesses who’ve gathered for a book club meeting — only to have a copy of Betty Friedan feminist touchstone dropped into the mix by “a rogue fairy godmother.”

“I’m so excited to have a musical with my songs – especially one that takes place in such a magical world filled with characters that I grew up on, who I love and adore,” Spears, 37, said in a statement. “This is a dream come true for me!”
OMG YYYAAAASSSS
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 13th March 2019, 10:40 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

It's actually debuting in Chicago with the hope of transferring to Broadway if it's a success! tongue.gif

BUT this is super exciting news! Hopefully it does turn into a success unlike another recent Jukebox musical featuring songs from one of my faves

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 19th March 2019, 08:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Thing is i love britney but having her music based around a feminist plot is slightly oxymoronic considering her career has been dictated by men throughout...

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 08:07 AM