BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super Melodifestivalen 2014 - Andra Chansen
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
LexC
post Sep 15 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #1
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

Welcome euroqueens to the Andra Chansen round of Super Melodifestivalen 2014. If you thought that the heats were painful, strap yourselves in, for this round will be worse than all of them. In a slight change to proceedings, we have 12 tracks in this section, meaning that 4 of them will survive whilst 8 are left on the BuzzJack scrap heap. We've got a real mix of years here with representatives from every year from 2005 to 2013 inclusive. Some of songs prevailed through despite most of us writing them off, others are having to take the long route by surprise. Truly an ecclectic mix!

In case you haven't been paying attention, here are the twelve songs for your consideration:

01. Måns Zelmerlöw - Hope And Glory

The song that, if today's rules had been applied to the 2009 contest, would've snatched the Melodifestivalen crown, opens Andra Chansen. Mr Z's recent ill-judged comments in the Swedish tabloids a while back weren't enough to dent his popularity here, and as a result he finds himself with two tracks in this round. More on that later...

02. Salem al Fakir - Keep On Walking

From what would've won to what (Manboy aside) should've won. Testament to this song's strength that it's managed to win points in a schlager heavy contest and fanbase.

03. Timoteij - Stormande Hav

With one song already in the final, Folk instrument playing quartet of Swedish babes, Timoteij appear with their second entry 'Stormande Hav'. Vanquished by Top Cats in the real Andra Chansen in 2012, will the girls be able to equal the great QoSM Sanna and have two tracks in the final?

04. Jessica Anderson - Kalla Natter

Our final song standing from 2006 is surprise qualifier 'Kalla Natter'. Will R Jess achieve the impossible or is she destined to be everybody's 'well, somebody's got to come last' choice.

05. Loreen - My Heart Is Refusing Me

Lorqueen's first entry into Melodifestivalen that proved only a taster of what was to come a year later finds itself on the edge of glory of joining it's younger, more vibrant and more popular younger sister in the final. Will BuzzJack be setting up a family reunion?

06. Janet Leon - Heartstrings

We were all promised by the bloggers in the run up to MF2013 that 'Heartstrings' would be the song that storms through the heats and slays all comers in the final. What they neglected to tell us, however, is that Janet Leon's vocal talents and stage presence were about as impactful as a paper bag. We took pitty on Agnes's mini me and granted here a second chance in this competition. Will we be as forgiving again this time?

07. Nanne Grönvall - Håll om mig

ABBA adjacent schlager fave Nanne vanquished fellow member of the Aged Schlager Performer's Association (ASPA for short) Carola much to the surprise of all of us. But one look at this performance and you can totally see why. A lesson in knowing to never 'hold back' in Melodifestivalen

08. Malena Ernman - La Voix

In short: Doesn't sound like it works on paper, works in studio and in Melodifestivalen, didn't work in Eurovision. I had this down as a last placer in it's heat but it managed to come through somehow so maybe I am just unable to see through my own prejudice with this song?

09. BWO - Lay Your Love On Me

The band BWO's last success in Melodifestivalen before a disappointing follow up in 2009, and both Martin Rolinki's solo effort and THAT perf of 'Rocking The Ride'. This track even managed to break out slightly of Meldodifestivalen and made it onto the circulation of various UK Music channels (not that any chart impact came about as a result of that, but still, impact! *.*)

10. Lili och Susie - Show Me Heaven

Aged Schlager Boilers Lili & Susie did what was thought by all (except Tirren) to be impossible and got out of their heat. I think we all know this has a snowflake's chance in hell of making the final so we might as well enjoy it now! All together now, GIMME, GIMME, GIMME THESE MOMENTS FOREVER...

11. Molly Sandén - Why Am I Crying?

One of Silas's favourite Nordic ladies appears here with her sorrowful ballad/ode to being Eric Saade's beard. Failure to send this song to the final will result in me being sent death threats, so pls, help a bitch out

12. Måns Zelmerlöw - Cara Mia

R Mans both closes and opens the Andra Chansen round, when will your Sweden based faves? Will Mans do the unthinkable and get two tracks through Andra Chansen? or will both of his tracks eat into each other's points? Only you can be the judge of that.

In copyandpasteable form:
Måns Zelmerlöw - Hope And Glory
Salem al Fakir - Keep On Walking
Timoteij - Stormande Hav
Jessica Anderson - Kalla Natter
Loreen - My Heart Is Refusing Me
Janet Leon - Heartstrings
Nanne Grönvall - Håll om mig
Malena Ernman - La Voix
BWO - Lay Your Love On Me
Lili och Susia - Show Me Heaven
Molly Sandén - Why Am I Crying?
Måns Zelmerlöw - Cara Mia

Send me your votes in the following format (extended to the ESC system due to the expanded semi)
12 - fave
01 - 10th fave

THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE ROUND OF VOTING. Your deadline is 23:59 on Saturday 20th September. Get voting!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 15 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #2
DROTTNING!
Group: Members
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

Well there goes the LOVELY WRITE-UPS I was going to do but at least you went for my FAVOURED VOTING SYSTEM

+Quote Post
Qween
post Sep 15 2014, 05:07 PM
Post #3
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I'm fairly certain my FAVE will be falling fairly near the bottom of this pack and AT LEAST one of my 00's will be sailing through. PROVE ME WRONG Buzzjack (I beg of thee)

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 15 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #4
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Member No.: 11,955

This is like the strongest final of MF EVER! Lord knows how I'm gonna vote.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Sep 16 2014, 01:50 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

OH GOD. Voting now.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 16 2014, 02:48 AM
Post #6
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

BRUTAL!

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Sep 17 2014, 01:57 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

Nana... HEARTSTRINGS... Dada... FEELING... dada.. WEST WING... dada.... GAME NANANANA NANANANA NANANANA dada GAME

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 17 2014, 02:13 AM
Post #8
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

If Heartstrings comes anywhere near the top four in this HEAT OF LIFE then I'm DISOWNING BUZZJACK

+Quote Post
LexC
post Sep 17 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #9
Attack Dog/Sass Queen

QUOTE(Cassandra @ Sep 17 2014, 02:13 AM) *
If Heartstrings comes anywhere near the top four in this HEAT OF LIFE then I'm DISOWNING BUZZJACK

Quite.

More votes please.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Sep 17 2014, 12:49 PM
Post #10
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

everyone vote for heartstrings

2 for 1 deal here

+Quote Post
Coral5
post Sep 17 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #11
PTTP
Group: Banned
Member No.: 16,865
   No Gallery Pics

Didn't vote for "Heartstrings"

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 18 2014, 02:58 PM
Post #12
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Member No.: 11,955

Voted, I know my ideal top 4 won't all get through so as many as possible please!

+Quote Post
LexC
post Sep 20 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #13
Attack Dog/Sass Queen

Deadline is midnight tonight, more votes pl0x

+Quote Post
LexC
post Sep 21 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #14
Attack Dog/Sass Queen

CLOSED (unless you beg)

Vi har et resultat~

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 21 2014, 06:43 PM
Post #15
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

I beg you to accept my late votes Lex (and many apologies accompany them, I've been so busy this week drama.gif)

+Quote Post
LexC
post Sep 21 2014, 06:56 PM
Post #16
Attack Dog/Sass Queen

If it skews the results in the way I want them, I will accept Rich's votes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:13 AM