BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: Buzzjack's Ultimate Multichart #1, WINNER on page 2!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 2nd October 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Welcome to Buzzjack's Ultimate Multichart #1 - THE RESULTS!

It's been great fun hosting this, and that people got involved and followed along (being extra patient when it took some time to get the next rounds up kink.gif) - and now we're down from 216 #1s going all the way back to 2006 to just 26, and one has won! ohmy.gif

Join me over the next night or so as we count down to the winner and see what comes out on top of THIRTEEN years of Buzzjack Multichart history!! *.*

Predictions and discussion welcome ~

The 26 #1s:

Rita Ora - Anywhere
Little Mix - Love Me Like You
Adele - Someone Like You
Dua Lipa - Be the One
Avicii feat. Rita Ora - Lonely Together
Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris - We Found Love
Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love
Adele - Hello
Robyn & Kleerup - With Every Heartbeat
Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music
Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson - The Way I Are
Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull - On the Floor
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
Agnes - Release Me
Ariana Grande - Into You
Dua Lipa - New Rules
Rihanna - Only Girl (In the World)
David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over
Rihanna feat. Jay-Z - Umbrella
Loreen - Euphoria
Sugababes - About You Now
Cheryl - Call My Name
Rita Ora - Let You Love Me
Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 2nd October 2019, 07:27 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Ready for my queens to slay

+Quote this post
Calum
post 2nd October 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
nabad

Little Mix - Love Me Like You

Finishing in 26th place (and still quite respectable, of a total 216 songs) with just 5 points is Little Mix with the second single taken from their third studio album Get Weird - Love Me Like You. A distance from being their most popular single, it managed to sneak through here while Black Magic and the likes failed.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 2nd October 2019, 08:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Not a huge LM fave of mine so not too gutted!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 3rd October 2019, 12:14 AM
Post #5
Group icon
nabad

Adele - Hello

Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry

In 25th place is the lead single from Adele's third album 25 - Hello. Undeniably a song with so much effortless power. Just ahead in 24th place is the lead single from Ariana Grande's fourth album Sweetener - a song that kick-started what's been the biggest era and couple of years of her career so far.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 3rd October 2019, 03:30 AM
Post #6
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

A little weird for Adele and Ariana to be bottom 3 but they're up against some bona fide classics! I wouldn't have ranked NTLTC any higher than that anyway.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 7th October 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
nabad

David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over

Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson - The Way I Are

Finishing in 23rd place we have David Guetta's collaboration with Kelly Rowland herself - 2009's When Love Takes Over, a song taken from his fourth studio album One Love. Just ahead of it is Timbaland's collaboration with Keri Hilson, The Way I Are. Released in 2007, this was the second single from his second studio album, Shock Value.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 8th October 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #8
Group icon
nabad

Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend

Just missing out on a spot in the top 20 Multichart #1s is Avril Lavigne with the lead single from her third studio album The Best Damn Thing, Girlfriend - released in 2007. Despite the song being a worldwide success, both Avril and Dr. Luke were sued by the writers of another song called I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend for copyright infringement.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 10th October 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Shocked Ariana is so low! ohmy.gif Love that, Adele and Avril wub.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 21st October 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
nabad

Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do

Ellie Goulding released Love Me Like You Do in January 2015 as part of the soundtrack for the first film from the Fifty Shades series. It was the second single taken from the soundtrack and was also included on Ellie's third album Delirium. It was a global success, becoming Ellie's most popular song and her first #1 single in multiple countries.

Adele - Someone Like You

The second single to be released from Adele's sophomore album 21, Someone Like You was released in January 2011, the same day the album was released in the UK. The song became Adele's first #1 single in the UK following a massively popular performance at the 2011 BRIT Awards. In July 2011, it became the first single of the decade to sell 1 million units in the UK.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 22nd October 2019, 03:09 AM
Post #11
Group icon
nabad

Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music

Don't Stop the Music was released as the fourth single in September 2007, from Rihanna's third studio album Good Girl Gone Bad. Michael Jackson receives a songwriting credit on the song for one lyric taken from his 1983 single Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'. The song peaked at #4 in the UK, but managed #1 in many other countries!

Ariana Grande - Into You

Another Ariana song bites the dust, and this time it's Into You - the second single from her third studio album Dangerous Woman. Although it didn't manage to break the top 10 in either the UK or the US, peaking at #14 and #13 respectively, it is widely considered one of her best singles. It ranked #6 on Billboard's Top 100 Pop Songs of 2016.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd October 2019, 06:10 AM
Post #12
Group icon
nabad

Rihanna - Only Girl (In the World)

Another Rihanna song drops out in quick succession, and this time it's the lead single - Only Girl (In the World) - from her fifth album Loud, released on 10 September 2010. It was the first song to be composed for the album and later went on to win a Grammy for Best Dance Recording. It hit #1 in both the UK and the US, as well as multiple other countries!

Cheryl - Call My Name

(ew...) kicking off the top 15 we have Cheryl. Call My Name marked the beginning of a new Cheryl, going into her third album simply known by the name 'Cheryl' as opposed to Cheryl Cole. Taken from her third studio album A Million Lights, the song was written and produced by Calvin Harris and released as the first single; getting her a UK #1 along the way!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd October 2019, 06:23 AM
Post #13
Group icon
nabad

Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull - On the Floor

On the Floor was released on 8 February 2011 as the lead single from Jennifer Lopez's seventh studio album Love?. It has sold over 3 million copies to date, and in the US it was J-Lo's first single in four years, at the time, to garner any airplay. It was also a #1 single in the UK (overall), while it also topped the UK R&B charts.

Rihanna feat. Jay-Z - Umbrella

And we say goodbye to yet another Rihanna song...! Umbrella was released worldwide on 29 March 2007. It serves as the lead single to Rihanna's third studio album Good Girl Gone Bad. The song was originally written with Britney Spears in mind, however her label rejected it. It was #1 in both the UK and the US as well as many other countries worldwide!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd October 2019, 04:19 PM
Post #14
Group icon
nabad

Nelly Furtado - Say It Right

Say It Right was released on 31 October 2006 as the third single from Nelly Furtado's third album Loose, however wasn't released digitally in the UK until 2007. Written by Timbaland, the song was a worldwide success reaching #1 in multiple countries. It also received a Grammy nomination for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, but lost out to Rehab by Amy Winehouse.

Sugababes - About You Now

And just missing out on the top 10... About You Now, the lead single from Sugababes' fifth studio album Change, was released on 24 September 2007. Written and produced by Dr. Luke, the song was well received and became the group's sixth UK #1 single, as well as their highest charting since 2005's Push the Button. The song was nominated for Best British Single at the 2008 BRIT Awards.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 24th October 2019, 03:07 AM
Post #15
Group icon

I find it hard to comment because all of these songs are iconic laugh.gif

Glad 'Say It Right' made the top half!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 7th November 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #16
Group icon
nabad

Dua Lipa - Be the One

Kicking off the top 10 now and we have Be the One - the lead single from Dua Lipa's self-titled debut album. Released on 30 October 2015, the song was co-written and produced by Digital Farm Animals and managed to peak at #9 in the UK singles chart when it was sent to radio in 2016. The song also topped the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart in the US.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 7th November 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #17
Group icon
nabad

Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love

The most recent multichart #1 (from when this started) lands up performing extremely well and finishing comfortably inside the top 10! The first posthumous release from Whitney Houston in almost two and a half years, Kygo's version of the song was released in June this year. In the UK, the song peaked at #2, making it Whitney's 18th top 10 hit, her first top 10 hit posthumously and her highest-charting single since 1999! The song peaked at #1 in the Scottish charts also!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 10th November 2019, 05:54 PM
Post #18
Group icon
nabad

Loreen - Euphoria

Euphoria, best known as Sweden's winning entry to the Eurovision Song Contest in 2012, was released as the third single from Loreen's debut studio album Heal. The song won ESC with 372 points, and received the highest number of 12-points of any entry in the contest's history. Outside of ESC, the song was an instant success in Sweden and the rest of Europe. It stayed at #1 in Sweden for six weeks, reached #2 in the Scottish charts and #3 in the UK charts. It reached #1 in many other countries. A (sometimes overrated on here) true smash x

+Quote this post
Riser
post 11th November 2019, 12:44 AM
Post #19
Group icon

Completely shocked at Loreen being the lowest-finishing Swede on the countdown!!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 14th November 2019, 05:54 PM
Post #20
Group icon
nabad

Agnes - Release Me

Next up at #7 we have Release Me, the second single to be taken from Swedish singer Agnes' third album Dance Love Pop. Not only that, the song also served as her debut single internationally. The song is Agnes' biggest hit to date with over 900,000 sales and charted top 10 in Sweden as well as other European countries. A year later, the song was released outside of Europe in both Australia and the United States. In the UK, the song reached #3 in the Official Singles Chart, while it managed #1 on the UK Dance Chart. Definitely one of the best songs from the countdown as a whole to be honest <3

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:32 PM