BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

39 Pages V  « < 37 38 39  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Vinyl Thread, Audiophiles, step this way...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
No Sleeep
post Feb 16 2021, 09:22 PM
Post #761
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

Ordered the gold Butterfly UO vinyl from eBay! Slowly building my Mariah collection after completing my Britney collection!

Agreed, I'm disappointed HMV haven't gone down the Urban Outfitters route. So many of us in the UK are willing to shell out a LOT for shipping for these "obscure" pop releases. It's like they don't know their own customers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jay❄
post Feb 17 2021, 03:04 PM
Post #762
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Feb 16 2021, 09:22 PM) *
Ordered the gold Butterfly UO vinyl from eBay! Slowly building my Mariah collection after completing my Britney collection!

wub.gif I'm jealous, the gold colour looks great. I own the black version! Tbh I wish they'd chosen to press Butterfly on two vinyl records instead of one. Presumably it stayed as one for the sake of ease because that is what the original pressing had, but that's certainly cramming a lot of music on two sides. E=MC2 has a shorter running time than Butterfly and is spread out over four sides!

This morning I received Charmbracelet (black version; I wasn't too fussed about spending more for the 'bone' version, even though it does look nice) and Memoirs (in white)! Later today my Amazon order of Rainbow (black version) will arrive *.*

I'm still waiting on E=MC2 and Elusive Chanteuse, but they're both "processed" now, so hopefully dispatch is very imminent!

+Quote Post
Among Haus
post Feb 17 2021, 07:07 PM
Post #763
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

It's half-term so naturally, I've had a big vinyl splurge kink.gif Not everything has arrived yet but this is what I have coming (standard versions unless specified):

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
Ariana Grande - My Everything
Ariana Grande - sweetener
Ariana Grande - thank you, next
Ariana Grande - Yours Truly
Charli XCX - Charli
Charli XCX - how i'm feeling now (neon orange)
La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Limited Edition boxset / signed)
Drake - Take Care
Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak
Kanye West - Late Registration
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (10 Year Anniversay boxset)
Kanye West - ye
Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
Kiesza - Crave
Tove Lo - Lady Wood
Tove Lo - Queen of the Clouds
Troye Sivan - Bloom

-x-

The La Roux boxset arrived earlier and it's sublime wub.gif Need to get the debut on vinyl but can't find it anywhere :'(

+Quote Post
Jay❄
post Feb 17 2021, 07:29 PM
Post #764
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Oh wow! wub.gif You're building your collection up so fast!

Positive vibes for you to get your hands on Blue Neighbourhood asap heart.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 17 2021, 07:41 PM
Post #765
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Wow your collection is growing fast Bal *.* I'd love to get these too at some point:

Charli XCX - Charli
Charli XCX - how i'm feeling now (neon orange)
Drake - Take Care
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (10 Year Anniversay boxset)
Tove Lo - Lady Wood
Troye Sivan - Bloom

Troye especially - that's such an easy collection to complete quickly as I already have one so just two to go laugh.gif

I of course have the Amy, Ariana and Kendrick ones, glad to see you getting those wub.gif

Recent pop girl heavy orders since I last posted in here (because yes I just can't stop either):

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia: The Moonlight Edition
Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Shoot from the Hip (white vinyl)
Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Trip the Light Fantastic (green vinyl)
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version) (gold vinyl)

Those Sophie records were available to pre-order today under the Plastic Pop project that was previously mentioned in here!

My Taylor record collection was missing her debut, Fearless and Speak Now so I'm glad I will own her sophomore album in some form now.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Feb 17 2021, 08:00 PM
Post #766
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I'm very confused by those Sophie re-issues. Surely the green vinyl would better suit Shoot From The Hip and the white to Trip The Light Fantastic? They just don't feel quite right to me...

As for my recent purchases, they're largely 12" second hand from discogs...

Jessie Ware - Adore You / Overtime
Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin (Remix)
Pet Shop Boys - Jealousy
Pet Shop Boys - So Hard
Pet Shop Boys - Left To My Own Devices
Erasure - ABBA-Esque
Erasure - Chorus (US Maxi)
Erasure - Am I Right?
Erasure - Am I Right? (Remix EP)
Erasure - Drama!
Erasure - You Surround Me
Erasure - Breath of Life (US Maxi)
Erasure - Love To Hate You (US Maxi)

(I don't really need those PSB and Erasure singles at all but they were my childhood faves so I couldn't resist)

And albums wise... also from discogs...

Roxette - Joyride
Shakespear's Sister - Hormonally Yours (which I am absolutely DELIGHTED to have found in like new condition for 25 wub.gif )
Blondie - The Best Of

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 17 2021, 08:03 PM
Post #767
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Yeah Dandy I'm grateful that they exist at all but do wish they were the other way round too! At least the red is perfect for 'Read My Lips' wub.gif

Nice additions there - I need to get some Blondie in my collection at some point, especially 'Parallel Lines'.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Feb 17 2021, 08:32 PM
Post #768
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

They're so perfect colour wise for the other album that I'm really thinking that they just accidentally messed up the printing requests!

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Feb 17 2021, 08:59 PM
Post #769
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jay❄ @ Feb 17 2021, 03:04 PM) *
wub.gif I'm jealous, the gold colour looks great. I own the black version! Tbh I wish they'd chosen to press Butterfly on two vinyl records instead of one. Presumably it stayed as one for the sake of ease because that is what the original pressing had, but that's certainly cramming a lot of music on two sides. E=MC2 has a shorter running time than Butterfly and is spread out over four sides!
This morning I received Charmbracelet (black version; I wasn't too fussed about spending more for the 'bone' version, even though it does look nice) and Memoirs (in white)! Later today my Amazon order of Rainbow (black version) will arrive *.*

I'm still waiting on E=MC2 and Elusive Chanteuse, but they're both "processed" now, so hopefully dispatch is very imminent!

When I searched it just had 10 seconds left so I felt very pressured to just go for it lol. Yeah, I kind of wish wed gotten gatefold editions of all her albums! The gold with ripples looks so beautiful though.

I absolutely love the Rainbow packaging! wub.gif I think that might be my favourite of hers, Ive been holding out for a reasonably priced coloured one but will probably end up going with black too.

So tempted to splurge on the Vinyl Me Please editions of Music Box and Emotions next, I love the colours. All this spending though! I justify it by saying well, Id end up buying it at some point anyway tongue.gif

Merchbar apparently have the deluxe edition of MIAMTEC for a ridiculous price of $60 (70 with shipping!), as well as some other albums but the details are very fuzzy. Ill be annoyed if true after ordering all of them last week but at that price they can keep it blink.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Feb 20 2021, 04:28 PM
Post #770
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

Shakespears Sister have just rereleased Hormonally Yours, you can get the blue vinyl from their store for 20

+Quote Post
steve201
post Feb 20 2021, 04:38 PM
Post #771
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ Feb 14 2021, 09:08 PM) *
^^
How does it sound? I have it on yellow vinyl and it looks amazing... but sounds atrocious on the louder tracks sad.gif

Listening to it on this wet winter Saturday afternoon and it sounds class. Its just normal black vinyl although I got excited by the lovely golden sleeves with Michaels face print outline which is nice.

Sound sometimes jumps for me with a lot of my vinyls - this one did a bit on Hero and my Depeche Mode vinyl it jumps ALOT. Is that the record player I take?

+Quote Post
RabbitFurCoat
post Feb 20 2021, 05:47 PM
Post #772
You brought the sun to guide you through
Member No.: 118
   No Gallery Pics

Mine can skip quite a bit, usually only ever on the first track and I've not worked out how to fix it. I spent a couple of hours with my dad over Christmas doing bits of testing with his, nothing ever skipped on his player and none of the ones of his I played on mine (some recent, some he's had since the 70s) skipped so were non the wiser how to fix it!

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Feb 20 2021, 07:53 PM
Post #773
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

Apparently the old skool method was to put a lump of blu-tack on the arm to weigh it down more biggrin.gif

Which kinda makes sense as I have to adjust the counter weight on the arm of my one, guess blu-tack could do the same thing!

+Quote Post
steve201
post Feb 20 2021, 10:58 PM
Post #774
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Id be worried about scratching the vinyl then though!

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Monday, 11:06 AM
Post #775
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

My copy of Erasure's Pop! arrived this morning and I am over the moon with it - it's essentially perfectly mint, by far the best second hand record I've received. Such a good way to start this week wub.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Monday, 04:44 PM
Post #776
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ Feb 20 2021, 07:53 PM) *
Apparently the old skool method was to put a lump of blu-tack on the arm to weigh it down more biggrin.gif
Which kinda makes sense as I have to adjust the counter weight on the arm of my one, guess blu-tack could do the same thing!

Yes I used to do that, only it needed an old heavy penny to stop jumping on my old singles. So I habitually left it on - and any records from the early 70's I played a lot got grooves gouged and the sound is now terrible in some cases ohmy.gif Faves obviously, cos that's how it goes..... sad.gif

Did I mention I have a vinyl Wild! from 1990? Mint pretty much, a fold out poster of the album tracks and a Mute history to date Wikipedia-style.. & also a Drama! US Maxi single from the US - various mixes of Drama!, Sweet Sweet Baby, plus Paradise. In fact just going through the CD box now, not opened it in years - it's all the CD's I bought overseas: N'Sync, Madonna's Justify My Love mixes, PSB's Where The Streets mixes, Timelords Doctorin The Tardis, Electronic Get The Message (French I think), Depeche Mode See You (French), Prince Scandalous Sex Suite, Depeche Enjoy The Silence US Maxi single mixes, Personal Jesus US maxi single mixes (8 tracks usually these maxi singles, basically mini albums), Madonna Keep It Together US maxi-single mixes, Kate Bush Aspects Of The Sensual World US maxi single, including her Comic Strip track Ken (about Ken Livingstone), I'm Still Waiting, Be Kind To My Mistakes from Castaways, and an instrumental version of The Sensual World.

That concludes the dandy* "might quite like some of those" section of this post... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Monday, 06:25 PM
Post #777
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

Well you've done well with those choices! I used to love those US Maxi Singles, although at the time I only ever had a few Erasure ones. They seemed so complete compared to the UK ones, even though they were always very expensive as an import.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Monday, 07:49 PM
Post #778
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ Feb 22 2021, 06:25 PM) *
Well you've done well with those choices! I used to love those US Maxi Singles, although at the time I only ever had a few Erasure ones. They seemed so complete compared to the UK ones, even though they were always very expensive as an import.

Yes, too expensive, being tight I only bought them when on holiday and they weren't too outrageously-priced laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jester
post Tuesday, 08:31 PM
Post #779
Tinky Winky
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12

You've all inspired me - my PSB Discography got here today from eBay biggrin.gif

Also, I have noticed Daft Punk vinyl has suddenly gone bonkers to buy (wonder why!!). I have Discovery already luckily.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Wednesday, 11:31 AM
Post #780
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

Hasn't it just! ohmy.gif

I literally bought a new copy of Get Lucky and One More Time on Sunday and now they've shot up!!!

Plus hurrah at us all getting Discography wub.gif

+Quote Post

39 Pages V  « < 37 38 39
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th February 2021 - 01:06 AM