BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How do you put together your votes?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 29th January 2016, 04:47 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jan 29 2016, 04:40 PM) *
Ooh, a somewhat creative method *.*

Some people have mentioned how they rate songs lower if they feel they aren't inspired enough. For some reason, I don't think I would ever be able to put myself in the frame of mind to do that - I just go with whatever I like at that time, no matter what. Maybe it helps that I just tend to like "inspired" songs more a lot of the time kink.gif (not always)

I also have never rated a song higher if I think it might not have a good enough chance to qualify.

It's more of a tiebreaking method really. Two 9/10 songs, one a crazy song that really makes me sit up and take notice, another a really good but pretty normal dance song, one is getting more points than the other.

Rating songs on their chances, hmm, that's an interesting one. I don't try to do that but I totally accept that subliminal shifts based on how other people think the songs are going to do is a factor (and one that can go either way for songs at both ends of the odds depending on individual circumstances). I try not to let it affect me much. Unless I (personally) disagree with that song being in the contest on an inspiration level.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 29th January 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #22
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

I have the countries listed in Excel and use both colour coding and scoring out of ten. Green for 'really want to vote for this', yellow for 'if I end up with not enough green' and red for 'get lost'. Normally I score out of 10 (including half marks) too, green would usually be 8/10 or above, yellow 6.5-7.5/10 etc. but this contest I decided that I don't really need to come up with a score for the songs I know I won't be voting for so I only scored those I was putting in green. Aside from Unovia which I wrote "NO!!!!!!" at the side of.

I do feel like rewarding songs that are a bit 'different' more, so sometimes end up with a green 7/10 and a yellow 7.5/10 (for example).

+Quote this post
JSG
post 29th January 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

I listen to everything once and rank them our of ten.

Once I've done that I usually have about twenty tracks rated between 10 & 9.

I then listen to the verses up to the first chorus and rank them by my favourites although usually any of the songs ranked a 10 will be higher. It just depends how much I like a certain Song the second time round. Any songs left over usually make my commiserations although sometimes I've seen myself liking almost all the tracks and that makes it impossible, for instance one time there were only 8 songs I did not like.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 29th January 2016, 11:44 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

I listen to everything once with a word document open. I have a Yes and a No section and rank everything in either of these based on what I like/don't like more. the Top 10/15 then become my votes to be submitted.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 31st January 2016, 02:04 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

I listen to each song and give it a score out of 10 and usually a little bit of commentary. Each song goes into a list and the highest get the points.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 2nd February 2016, 03:36 AM
Post #26
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

I listen to every song twice before putting anything into order, and I'm very particular about not knowing who sent what song so I'm not influenced by the name of the country. I use the MP3s and listen on an iPod Shuffle which doesn't have a screen, and then I have the songs on an iTunes playlist that only shows the artist and song title, which I use to start ranking songs on my third listen. Once I've narrowed it down, I listen to my top 10/15 one or two more times to get the order just right, and then finally I go to the OP and copy/paste the songs into a PM, which is when I finally see which countries I'm voting for! It's very time consuming but that's what it takes for me to be happy with my votes.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 02:29 AM