BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
55 Pages V  « < 51 52 53 54 55 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Premier League / Football League Thread 2011-12, (& Blue Square Premier!) News & Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 17th May 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #1041
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 18 2012, 12:06 AM) *
Capello gave the distinct impression that he didn't like England much so that would be a rather odd appointment. Besides, his English is even harder to understand than Dalglish's.

He said in an interview he wanted a Premier League job not so long ago. Think he was hoping for Chelsea/Spurs though. Liverpool probably an attractive proposition to him, but just unsure whether we'd pay big bucks on his wages for a probable short term appointment.

I'm still gutted Kenny got the sack. He gave his compensation to the kitty for new players (£8m apparently). The guy is a legend.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 17th May 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #1042
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Rooney @ May 18 2012, 12:13 AM) *
He said in an interview he wanted a Premier League job not so long ago. Think he was hoping for Chelsea/Spurs though. Liverpool probably an attractive proposition to him, but just unsure whether we'd pay big bucks on his wages for a probable short term appointment.

I'm still gutted Kenny got the sack. He gave his compensation to the kitty for new players (£8m apparently). The guy is a legend.

I'm sure he doesn't exactly need the money but I'll still give him credit for that.

As for Capello, I'll go back to what I said about his English. It didn't seem to improve over his time as England manager. There have been foreign managers whose English has improved over time as well as others whose English has always been excellent but can you see Capello's getting any better? It may not matter much in interviews but it does matter in the day to day manager's job, probably more so at club level than at international level.

+Quote this post
Sabrina.
post 18th May 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #1043
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,406

Interviewing up to 12 candidates. Rafa or AVB would be my choices, but Rafa seems to be out of the question

Brendan Rodgers has turned down an interview, which is the right decision in my opinion as he obviously doesn't feel like he's ready

QUOTE(Rooney @ May 17 2012, 11:54 PM) *
Dave Whelan's been an absolute c**t about it, already trying to stir stuff up

This

Did he really need to run off and do an interview with Sky Sports News ? It'd be different if Martinez had actually got the job, but he's only being interviewed. Whelan is blatantly trying to push him out of the door and get that compensation. Cannot stand him

It's all just embarrasing for Martinez if he doesn't get the job

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th May 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #1044
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

West Ham has been promoted to the Premier League after winning the play-off final at Wembley 2-1 against Blackpool. Big Sam has taken them up.
Do you think West Ham will stay in the Premiership next season?

+Quote this post
Damon
post 19th May 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #1045
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,784

Wanted Blackpool to go up tbh, don't like West Ham at all even though I do like a lot of their players. Ah well, at least I'll get to go to Blackpool away again next season biggrin.gif

And yeah, West Ham will stay up I think. Can see all 3 staying up again.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 19th May 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #1046
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

I couldn't care less which one went up but I'm quite happy to say fuck off to West Ham, their manager and their fans, and hope that a few other teams might get picked on TV this season!

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 19th May 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #1047
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ May 19 2012, 05:43 PM) *
I couldn't care less which one went up but I'm quite happy to say fuck off to West Ham, their manager and their fans, and hope that a few other teams might get picked on TV this season!

You're welcome. We played poorly for a lot of the game today, Blackpool's pressing game took us by surprise but with a couple of decent signings (preferably both defenders) we'll easily amass enough points to stay up. Would expect at least one of the other two to survive as well.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th May 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #1048
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

At least one of the promoted teams will go straight back down. Villa will probably improve. Hopefully Wigan will finally go down! I was really impressed with Blackpool. Gutted Ince decided to leave Liverpool, always thought he would be a good player.

+Quote this post
pwned
post 19th May 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #1049
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 16,183

Really wanted blackpool to win today. Nicky maynard aka the greedy b****** has in my opinion made the worst decision possible for playing regular premier league football.how many games has he played for west ham this season? not many and promoted teams are famous for splashing the cash on the forward line. Btw does anyone know if the league 1 final is tomorrow or next weekend?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th May 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #1050
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(pwned @ May 19 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Really wanted blackpool to win today. Nicky maynard aka the greedy b****** has in my opinion made the worst decision possible for playing regular premier league football.how many games has he played for west ham this season? not many and promoted teams are famous for splashing the cash on the forward line. Btw does anyone know if the league 1 final is tomorrow or next weekend?

Conference play-off final is tomorrow.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 19th May 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #1051
Group icon

QUOTE(pwned @ May 19 2012, 08:11 PM) *

What a terrible decision, at least on matchdays he'll be able to spend his time thinking about how much money he's making.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 19th May 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #1052
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

BST MOOD EVER! GO CHELSEA biggrin.gif

Thought Bayern outplayed us throughout but overall was a fantastic result for ourselves and for English football!

This post has been edited by LeeWallaceee: 20th May 2012, 01:03 AM

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 20th May 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #1053
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

So York City go back up to the Football League for the first time in 8 years after a 2-1 win against Luton Town. For the second year in a row, Luton lose out in the play-off final. Will Fleetwood and York City stay in League 2 next season?

+Quote this post
Grandwicky
post 20th May 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #1054
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 49

I think someone is going to be pretty happy right now tongue.gif Pissed off that the game wasn't on TV though.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 20th May 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #1055
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(ukcsf @ May 20 2012, 05:01 PM) *
So York City go back up to the Football League for the first time in 8 years after a 2-1 win against Luton Town. For the second year in a row, Luton lose out in the play-off final. Will Fleetwood and York City stay in League 2 next season?

Fleetwood will go up automatically next season. York probably top half. Be very very surprised if either clubs went down. The top 8/9 teams in the Conference are as good as any league side, probably better than half of them. Just look at how good clubs do once they come up from the Conference. Absolutely elated. The Conference is the toughest league to get out of, and the strength of the teams is unbelieveable. Feel a bit sorry for Luton as we both deserve to be Football League clubs. But absolutely made-up.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 20th May 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #1056
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

No side promoted from the Conference has ever gone straight back down which pretty much confirms what others have said about the top of that league.

Apparently Luton sold more tickets for their play-off final than Blackpool did for theirs. Even allowing for the dig difference in distance that's still pretty astonishing.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 20th May 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #1057
Group icon

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 20 2012, 07:39 PM) *
No side promoted from the Conference has ever gone straight back down which pretty much confirms what others have said about the top of that league.

Apparently Luton sold more tickets for their play-off final than Blackpool did for theirs. Even allowing for the dig difference in distance that's still pretty astonishing.

Blackpool's turnout yesterday was appalling, did they sell their allocation two years ago?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 20th May 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #1058
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 20 2012, 07:39 PM) *

Yes they did, and their support was terrible (Luton's). Just full of day trippers. To be fair it is a very expensive trip from up north to Wembley. And York fans have done it twice in 8 days. Just goes to show the volume of support can count for nothing. Luton might possibly have had more support, but the FA didn't grant them any more tickets after the sold out their allocation.

Great to be back in the Football League.

+Quote this post
Sabrina.
post 20th May 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #1059
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,406

QUOTE(Rooney @ May 19 2012, 07:56 PM) *
Gutted Ince decided to leave Liverpool, always thought he would be a good player.

Most people probably thought he was mad to turn down a contract with Liverpool, but he made the right decision. He'd still be in our reserves at the age of 20 if he'd stayed

Another reason why I hope we give youth more of a chance next season. Took the FA Cup and Carling Cup so seriously and yet could have given a few youngsters a chance vs. the likes of Exeter

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 20th May 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #1060
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rooney @ May 20 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Yes they did, and their support was terrible (Luton's). Just full of day trippers. To be fair it is a very expensive trip from up north to Wembley. And York fans have done it twice in 8 days. Just goes to show the volume of support can count for nothing. Luton might possibly have had more support, but the FA didn't grant them any more tickets after the sold out their allocation.

Great to be back in the Football League.

Which is why I mentioned the distance. Even allowing for that and one-day supporters it is still embarrassing for Blackpool.

+Quote this post

55 Pages V  « < 51 52 53 54 55 >
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 02:31 AM