BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ten Walls - Shining (feat. Alex Radford)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 3rd December 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

The infamous Ten Walls releases his first single since his massive backlash and getting dropped by his booking agency and numerous festivals for his homophobic Facebook rant.

The song sounds very different to his usual stuff, and his hit 'Walking With Elephants' is so so much better than this.

It's probably not a song I'll be coming back to, but take a listen if you want.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ethan
post 3rd December 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
3:23
User: 5,269

Ten Walls Offers an “Apology” for His Homophobic Comments

It's hard to buy this.

Perhaps the origins of dance music slipped Ten Walls’ mind when he went on a dire social media rant this past summer, comparing gay people (you know–the foundation of his chosen field) to pedophiles and calling them a “different breed” who needed to be “fixed.”

The lapse in judgment cost him dearly: he was dropped by his booking agency and from all scheduled gigs, effectively becoming persona non grata to an international community.

After hastily rushing (and subsequently deleting) an “apology” shortly thereafter, the producer has reemerged after months of silence to once more ask repentance. (Because nothing says “sincere” like shopping a PR-orchestrated, exclusive comeback interview around to multiple outlets–which the vast majority of them rejected until DJ Mag bit.)

“I am ashamed to have hurt so many people,” he began, writing that, despite all the glaring signs to the contrary, he is “not [homophobic] and never have considered myself to be this way.”

Perhaps it’d seem more genuine and less of a sympathy campaign had he not also uploaded new artist photos to his Facebook immediately afterward. Meanwhile, the comments on his apology offer mixed reactions: while some commend him for having the guts to admit his mistakes (“Everybody deserves a second chance” is the repeated refrain), others agree the damage has already been done.

Ten Walls Feat. Alex Radford - Shining
In cooperation with the National LGBT* Rights Organization LGL, the music producer Ten Walls presents his new song “Shining”, recorded together with his good friend, American transgender singer Alex Radford.

this is clearly about trying rehabilitate himself in the eyes of the international dance community, which roundly shunned him after his homophobic rant on facebook, rather than offering new music~

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 3rd December 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Yeah the things he has said about gays are rather disgusting manson.gif anyway back to the song. It's quite dull for me and even more so than his previous one. WWE is still a great tune, but I've always seen him as a one hit wonder even before the scandal.

+Quote this post
152chris
post 3rd December 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #4
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

alec baldwin 'im not homophobic, my hairdresser's gay!' kinda teas

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread