BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Traitors UK • Series 2, January 2024
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Linds.
post 3rd January 2024, 11:26 PM
Post #21
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

The first three episodes are on iPlayer, i just wanna know who the 4th traitor is :')

I get so invested in this, ready for it to be my entire personality for the next few weeks laugh.gif

Of course twitter is stanning Diane, her hugging at breakfast comment was very valid in fairness

This post has been edited by Linds.: 3rd January 2024, 11:26 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 4th January 2024, 08:09 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

I only watched the first ep; so 2 and 3 this evening.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 4th January 2024, 12:26 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Harry is such a boring choice for a traitor, yawning, boring!

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th January 2024, 01:21 PM
Post #24
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

I quite like Harry but he isn't really giving us much yet, I do see potential though. It feels like they want him to be the season 2 Aaron but I don't think we're gonna get that.

This particular group of Traitors doesn't have the same feel last years had, honestly thank god they have Paul as they'd actually be lost without him I reckon, I'm still on the fence on whether I think Miles was the right choice, as much as I know Diane didn't want to do it, it would have been interesting to see her on that side. I'd actually quite like for Ross to be a traitor given recent revelations kink.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 4th January 2024, 02:08 PM
Post #25
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Guys can we please use spoiler tags for the discussion of the iPlayer eps, not everyone wants to watch ahead of the BBC1 airings (myself included and I've just seen a big spoiler for tonight's ep sad.gif )

Thanks!

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th January 2024, 03:00 PM
Post #26
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

oops I thought that was in episode one, it's difficult for me to tag when I'm on my phone which is why I was trying to be vague

but also, if you haven't seen the episodes that are already out, maybe try and avoid threads that are likely to be discussing them unsure.gif being so constant about tags is just going to put people off posting at all

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 4th January 2024, 03:10 PM
Post #27
Group icon

I don't think it's an unreasonable request to ask for spoilers from episodes that haven't actually aired on the TV yet to be tagged so that those of us who are watching each night (it's not just me) can read comments on the thread without having to worry about being spoiled by those who have chosen to watch ahead. If I hadn't seen episode 1 (moot point as I have), I'd happily be avoiding this thread, it's something I personally do regularly when I've not seen something that's aired. This is a little different (and I've had a couple of people mention it to me, so this isn't just me being anal).

It's such a simple thing, even on phones, and it's courteous to other members. If being courteous is really that offputting to people then I don't know what to say! It's a shame a polite request is being framed as something that might stop people posting.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th January 2024, 03:20 PM
Post #28
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

Joseph you are being completely anal and unreasonable actually, even more so with that last post.

As I've already said I didn't realise I spoiled anything, it was human error and I explained why that happened. Don't dare try and put that down as a choice "not to be courteous". The only thing putting me off posting in here right now is you. You've not even engaged in any discussion, you only jumped in to give me a slap on the wrist.

I'll just add this thread as another place on this joke of a site to avoid because quite frankly engaging in anything I've found interest in on here seems to be more hassle than it's worth lately.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 4th January 2024, 03:28 PM
Post #29
Group icon

QUOTE(Linds. @ Jan 4 2024, 03:20 PM) *
Joseph you are being completely anal and unreasonable actually, even more so with that last post.

As I've already said I didn't realise I spoiled anything, it was human error and I explained why that happened. Don't dare try and put that down as a choice "not to be courteous". The only thing putting me off posting in here right now is you. You've not even engaged in any discussion, you only jumped in to give me a slap on the wrist.

I'll just add this thread as another place on this joke of a site to avoid because quite frankly engaging in anything I've found interest in on here seems to be more hassle than it's worth lately.

I don't think you've understood my post properly.

My last post wasn't really responding to the fact you didn't realise you spoiled. That's no problem at all! All you had to do was apologise, we all make mistakes and absolutely no part of my post was condemning that (if I wasn't clear, I apologise).

The part I took issue with was the second part of your post, where you suggested it was on me to avoid spoilers for episodes that hadn't yet aired. It was you who said I was being "so constant about tags" and that it was "just going to put people off posting at all" - why? I've never made anything more than a polite request in here and a couple of other threads to use spoiler tags. It's a really simple thing to do, even on mobile, and I've never posted anything more than a request. Quite where the problem lies here, I'm not sure! I don't have to post my thoughts on anything to justify moderation (for the record, I was only browsing while taking a quick break from completing chart prep, I'll share my thoughts as and when I feel like I want to).

If this is really a reason for you to avoid the site, then so be it, that's your decision, but I truly believe you've taken my polite request the complete wrong way.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th January 2024, 03:31 PM
Post #30
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

See, more hassle than it's worth.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 4th January 2024, 04:50 PM
Post #31
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I feel like it's a good idea for this thread to be a "TV pace" discussion, while utilising the spoiler tags for "iPlayer pace" - and that way everybody can still post their thoughts about the show, and read the posts that reflect the pace they're at. Then everyone is happy!

I appreciate that after watching two or three episodes back-to-back it can be difficult to remember which events happened in which episode, and these things happen, no harm intended. We're all here to hopefully enjoy the season and post our thoughts and I'm sure nobody here wants anyone to be put off, but hopefully the spoiler tags suggestion is a good compromise.

This forum is certainly fiddly on a phone, I tend to type this code out from memory:

CODE
[spoiler][/spoiler]

(rather than try and get it from the "Insert Special Item" drop down).

I'm so pleased this is back! There's already there's so many characters, and I can't wait to get to know them more. Diane is an early favourite for being so suspicious at the earliest opportunity! laugh.gif I feel like a couple of the Traitors, Ash and Paul, are already struggling ever so slightly to keep calm about it and are overcompensating a bit more than would be ideal. I hope they settle into it. I think Paul could ultimately fly under the radar, but Ash seemed so nervous at breakfast.

And the memes! Claudia "It's you" *.*

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 4th January 2024, 04:56 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

(I think I’m the only Canadian in this topic at the moment, but CRAVE our Streaming Provider does have the first Three Episodes available to watch) could also be an indicator for other countries to check their streaming services as well

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 4th January 2024, 05:10 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Tbh the whole spoiler tags culture does put me off, it is cumbersome on mobile which obviously is a flaw of the site that’s not anyone’s fault.

It puts me off bothering to post if I’m honest when you can’t even say something fairly small like a return on Eastenders that’s been announced for example, or like sometimes “there’s a shopping task on Big Brother tomorrow” and people jump and say you need spoiler tags like… why are you even on places that shows will be discussed if you’re going to not want to see basically anything about the show? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 4th January 2024, 05:15 PM
Post #34
Group icon

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 4 2024, 05:10 PM) *
Tbh the whole spoiler tags culture does put me off, it is cumbersome on mobile which obviously is a flaw of the site that’s not anyone’s fault.

It puts me off bothering to post if I’m honest when you can’t even say something fairly small like a return on Eastenders that’s been announced for example, or like sometimes “there’s a shopping task on Big Brother tomorrow” and people jump and say you need spoiler tags like… why are you even on places that shows will be discussed if you’re going to not want to see basically anything about the show? laugh.gif

I understand it's a bit fiddly to select the spoiler tags on the "Insert Special Item" menu (would absolutely change that if I could). I personally find the BBCode (as posted by Jay) is quite easy to type though! I think it's a small thing to do so others are able to enjoy a show without any advance knowledge. I have no issues with spoilers being discussed personally, I just don't always want to see them myself as I like to go into shows as blind as possible! You can manage that whilst also coming onto places like this to discuss the episodes you've seen. I really don't believe it's a big request (and it's not just a personal one from me as I've had others complaining about spoilers in various threads that they were hoping to avoid).

If that's too bothersome then I apologise but it feels like a fair way to approach things, no?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 4th January 2024, 05:18 PM
Post #35
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I really wish the forum could be upgraded, because the spoiler system on other forums I go on are concealed within a box that you can "click to reveal" if you want to read it. It's a lot easier than the blackout thing here, which definitely wasn't designed with phones in mind. kink.gif

A hit post from Rob!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 4th January 2024, 05:32 PM
Post #36
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

To live in Traitors season again I feel so blessed and Happy rn cry.gif

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 4th January 2024, 10:35 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,739

Watching this year for the first time and loving it!

Diane is a bit of an icon with her constant theorising and she's so real for the "why is everyone hugging" thing laugh.gif I find Harry and Paul pretty annoying tbh, both are awful at pretending to be faithfuls but maybe that's just the editing. Harry whispering to himself and licking his lips when he got chosen was just 🤮 Gutted that (idk if this is spoiler tag necessary but doing anyway) Sonja got eliminated bc I honestly stanned her knitting even more than Diane

+Quote this post
Jade
post 4th January 2024, 10:41 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I'm also watching this for the first time this year! I've had a reality TV void since the latest series of Big Brother U.K. ended laugh.gif

The second episode has now aired on terrestrial TV sooo fully in agreement that Sonja and her snazzy glasses was robbed x

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 5th January 2024, 12:04 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I’m absolutely loving having this back.

Can I just start off with how hot is Andrew (?) even though he could be my dad laugh.gif Jaz, Paul and Brian are quite nice to look at too.

Episode 3 spoiler:
I cannot believe Paul & Harry are already voting another traitor at the second round table! Hoping Ash stays to see it unfold

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 5th January 2024, 12:41 AM
Post #40
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Or to solve everything, there could be a Tratiors Terrestial pace and a Traitors (WITH SPOILERS) thread? The spoiler function is messy and I see both angles, plus would allow for everyone to comment and engage at their own pace without having spoilers.

I've seen all 3 episodes so I'll comment on the episodes themselves in the spoilers. One thing I will say is the pacing this time seems way more slowed down. They've seen the monster hit the show is and taken a leaf out of the Love Island book for example, the ending of episode 3. Plus Claudia breaking the 4th Wall etc. - anyway, I'm looking forward to some of the twists the show throws in later down the line.

Enjoying getting to know all the characters more. I totally see why they went for Ash - she's toast anyway in a few roundtables times, although the Traitors falling out with each other this early in the show could be carnage.

Brian with the iconic meltdown so far, probably ending up getting himself eliminated.

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 05:57 PM