BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 27th December 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Dec 29 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Good afternoon all. For the final time in 2019 - and this decade - it's time to bring you my personal top 20 singles for this week. Seven days ago we revealed that Peppa Pig had taken home the bacon - or should that be gammon? - from Little Mix to have our Christmas number one this year. But has 'Bing Bong Zoo' held onto be the final chart topper of this year? Let's find out...

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 27th December 2019
© AM LIMITED 2019

1. (1) PEPPA PIG - Bing Bong Zoo
2. (2) LITTLE MIX - One I've Been Missing
3. (4) DUA LIPA - Don't Start Now
4. (3) ELLIE GOULDING - River
5. (5) CAMILA CABELLO - Easy
6. (6) NIALL HORAN - Put A Little Love On Me
7. (7) NOW UNITED - Legends
8. (9) KYLIE MINOGUE - Every Day's Like Christmas
9. (10) THE POGUES & KIRSTY MACCOLL - Fairytale of New York
10. (8) JODIE WHITTAKER - Yellow

11. (11) EMMA BUNTON - Coming Home for Christmas
12. (13) ENDOR - Pump It Up
13. (14) MICHAEL BUBLÉ - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
14. (12) BASTILLE - Can't Fight This Feeling
15. (15) JOHN LENNON & YOKO ONO - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
16. (16) ROBBIE WILLIAMS - Time For Change
17. (19) CHRIS REA - Driving Home For Christmas
18. (RE) MARK RONSON FEAT. YEBBA - Don't Leave Me Lonely
19. (17) THE SCRIPT - Run Through Walls
20. (20) THE SHIRES - New Year

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

Very glad you can join us for what is always one of our strangest charts of the year, covering the last few days leading up to Christmas, the holiday itself and the small fall period between then. And for the first time all year, there are no new entries, just merely a reshuffle or in some cases no movement whatsoever.

Such is the case at the very top of our chart, as Peppa Pig holds firm at number one with 'Bing Bong Zoo' for a second week. It thus means that it is our 28th and final different number one of the year, a tally which thus knocks 2018's total of chart toppers (15) into a cocked hat. In fact, most of the top 10 remains static, bar one place rises for Dua Lipa (up one to #3 on her eighth week around with former number one 'Don't Start Now'), Kylie Minogue (up one to #8 with 'Every Day's Like Christmas') and The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl (up one to #9 with 'Fairytale of New York').

Also on the rise this week: 'Pump It Up' (climbing one to #12 for Endor), 'It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas' (up one to #13 for Michael Bublé, four places lower than the #9 peak it achieved last year), and 'Driving Home for Christmas' (up two to #17 for Chris Rea). 'Don't Leave Me Lonely', the current Mark Ronson and Yebba hit also returns to our top 20 after a week's absence, going up six to #18.

Of course, the festive evergreens are undoubtedly in for their usual stock market-esque falls seven days hence now the festive season is pretty much done and dusted. For this week though, no more comment is left to be made, because that is quite literally that for 2019 on my personal charts.

Don't forget to check out our Chart of the Year with our top 40 singles of the last twelve months on the End of Year Countdown forum on New Year's Eve, where we'll also reveal our top 10 singles of the decade and reveal what's been the biggest song of what everyone will shortly be referring to as the 2010s.

Until then, a very happy new year to you all, and we'll see you back here next week for our first chart of 2020 and the new decade.

FLASHBACK TOP 10

Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 2003: that year's Christmas chart topper, Michael Andrews and Gary Jules' haunting take on the Tears for Fears hit 'Mad World' stays put for a second week as the last number one of 2003, plus classic hits from The Darkness, Will Young and Sugababes

1. (1) MICHAEL ANDREWS & GARY JULES - Mad World

2. (2) THE DARKNESS - Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)
3. (3) WILL YOUNG - Leave Right Now
4. (4) SUGABABES - Too Lost In You
5. (7) OUTKAST (ANDRE 3000) - Hey Ya!
6. (9) KATIE MELUA - The Closest Thing To Crazy
7. (5) ATOMIC KITTEN FEAT. KOOL & THE GANG - Ladies Night
8. (6) BLACK EYED PEAS - Shut Up
9. (10) BLUE FEAT. STEVIE WONDER & ANGIE STONE - Signed Sealed Delivered
10. (8) THE IDOLS - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

This post has been edited by ThePoguesmith: Dec 29 2019, 03:48 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Dec 29 2019, 07:21 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Hello!
I didn't saw your chart last week, because I was busy.
I'm actually shocked that Peppa Pig is your #1, I didn't hear the Peppa Pig album and I'm not planning too.
But I actually like "Don't Leave Me Lonely" returning to your chart!
Great chart!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:39 AM