BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Radio 1 Playlist (24/07/20)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 24th July 2020, 02:20 PM
Post #21
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Interesting that they have just playlisted both of the Khaled/Drake songs for now - it's looking pretty clear that 'GREECE' is going to be the bigger hit in the UK now so I imagine they'll probably drop 'POPSTAR' in a week or two?

Looks like a good set of additions again this week anyway, not heard the Headie One and Little Mix songs yet but I like the rest of them, nice to see Another Sky getting another song playlisted as they were a great discovery for me with the previous single R1 added and this one is just as good! Would also love to see the Victoria Monét song actually becoming a hit, not sure I can see it happening if it hasn't already but R1 playlisting it now indicates it's still alive at least. x

Also good to see Love Regenerator moved to the A-List!

QUOTE(M4NGO @ Jul 24 2020, 09:58 AM) *
Also it's a shame they felt the need to A-list Calvin/Love Regenerator based on his name alone, it's not like the song is doing anything. They should have given the A-list spot to something more deserving IMO.

I wouldn't say that's the case at all given they have barely supported the rest of the Love Regenerator releases? I'd say this song is pretty clearly more radio friendly than most of the others as well (and it has done slightly better chart wise even if that's still not saying much - not that this should be of much relevance with the R1 playlist, there are several other songs on the A-List that haven't charted at all), I think it entirely makes sense for them to A-List this one.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 24th July 2020, 03:01 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(Cognizant @ Jul 24 2020, 03:06 PM) *
Mate, it’s not that deep lol

Well you pay for it so why not ask the question? Is radio 1 an arm of the capital/baurer commercial group or is it independent promoting new british music like its always supposed to? Or do they just play Dua and J Hus every hour?

+Quote this post
Brer
post 24th July 2020, 04:36 PM
Post #23
Group icon

They're not supposed to only play brand new music lol ~ I'm not sure why you're making such a big deal of it? It's literally one song that has maybe been kept a few weeks longer than it 'should' have, the rest of the playlist is pretty fresh?

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 24th July 2020, 04:59 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Read my first post about it, Im just making the point that some songs are 14 weeks on there and others get 3 weeks. Theres nothing wrong with a debate about it. I know they don't only play new music.

+Quote this post
detonate
post 24th July 2020, 05:22 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,159

^ Calvin Harris (Love Regenerator) x Steve Lacy - Live Without Your Love [B-A]

Wait, what is this? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 24th July 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

Where have you been?

+Quote this post
Brer
post 24th July 2020, 07:18 PM
Post #27
Group icon

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Jul 24 2020, 05:59 PM) *
Read my first post about it, Im just making the point that some songs are 14 weeks on there and others get 3 weeks. Theres nothing wrong with a debate about it. I know they don't only play new music.

I just don't think that divide is as big as you're making it out to be, 14 weeks is a pretty rare outlier, there are only 3 songs on the playlist this week that have been there for more than 9 weeks. A small handful of big hits being supported for longer than the fresher / less well-known artists doesn't mean they're not supporting new music. DaBaby's current playlisting still puts him on equal pegging with the likes of Arlo Parks and Franky Wah. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 24th July 2020, 07:35 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

There's generally songs that are on there more than 11 weeks every week now, I guess it's the nature of the chart these days. Radio 1 aren't the worst at it as they will always support 3-5 songs on the A List based on their fanbase/ticket sales/genre such as Biffy or Bring Me The Horizon. I just worry sometimes they are moving too close to the commercial stations.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 24th July 2020, 07:42 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

They’ve got to play the hits and support them for significant periods otherwise they will lose out to Capital/Kiss/Hits etc so they do have to have some alignment with the commercial stations, but as already said the playlist is still a hell of a lot fresher than commercial stations

+Quote this post
HiyaLuv!
post 24th July 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 29,031

Another week, another "where the heck is Fake Friends?" post. It feels like it's already peaked as a massive hit to me because I was listening to it so much about a month ago! And has already been a #1 on that all-important personal chart, of course.

This post has been edited by HiyaLuv: 24th July 2020, 10:22 PM

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 24th July 2020, 11:15 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(HiyaLuv @ Jul 24 2020, 11:21 PM) *
Another week, another "where the heck is Fake Friends?" post. It feels like it's already peaked as a massive hit to me because I was listening to it so much about a month ago! And has already been a #1 on that all-important personal chart, of course.

I’m not sure it’s the sort of dance they’re on board with anymore if I’m honest? I could be wrong. 220 Kid is a similar track but had a big social media backing through TikTok. I’d like to see them add it, but I do feel it’s is very late for it

+Quote this post
Brer
post 27th July 2020, 11:54 PM
Post #32
Group icon

Just realised there doesn't seem to be a new BBC Introducing track this week? Unless there is and they just forgot to update it from last week's on the playlist website.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:36 PM