BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How does Pink remain eternally relevant?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post May 27 2019, 03:01 PM
Post #21
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Members
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I’m bumping this again since she released a new album last month.

She’s managed to defy expectations once more with Hurts 2B Human.

I feel her sales are beginning to suffer, I think this will end of being her lowest selling album, but she still seems to be as popular as ever.

One thing I have noted for the last two eras is that she’s having trouble keeping the momentum going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 29 2019, 03:10 PM
Post #22
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

QUOTE(T Boy @ May 27 2019, 04:01 PM) *
I’m bumping this again since she released a new album last month.

She’s managed to defy expectations once more with Hurts 2B Human.

I feel her sales are beginning to suffer, I think this will end of being her lowest selling album, but she still seems to be as popular as ever.

One thing I have noted for the last two eras is that she’s having trouble keeping the momentum going.

I think that is because the lack of promo she has done (or not done) for these last two albums, especially H2BH.

Compare the promo from previous eras to these two and its next to nothing. Its good that she doesn't really have to do it, but imagine how much more successful the albums would be if she did.

I'm hoping the sales will pick up again once the European tour starts next month, maybe a few TV appearances etc.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jun 16 2019, 12:58 PM
Post #23
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

Because this tours been so big it’s been quite hard to get promo slots especially in the UK.

I think the tour coming to the UK will help her album sales out here quite a bit, it should return to the top 10.

And when more singles are released that should also help out too.

Although it’s likely it’ll happen it’ll feel so weird seeing Hurts 2B Human be her lowest album seller esp in the UK as it had three weeks at number one here!

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 27 2019, 04:46 PM
Post #24
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

I think we’re at a Point where her relevance will fade from now. The tour has really helped her in this era but the album is now dropping fairly fast and hasn’t sold as much as previous albums. This is mainly down to the sales climate but Pink is struggling on the streaming front and as has been discussed, it looks like she’ll no longer be supported by the likes of Radio 1.

I think she’s at the point, having had a fantastic run, that a fade from relevance won’t be disastrous to her as an artist and that she’ll always be a chart presence if not as big.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 27 2019, 10:25 PM
Post #25
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I was surprised that after her success with the theatrical / Greatest Showman songs there wasn't really any of that on H2BH. I reckon if she released even an EP of that or some collaborations like that she could get one last era of success even into her 40s - age didn't hold Keala Settle or Idina Menzel back from having a long-running smash.

In any case though she's had a great run and wherever she wants to take her career next no doubt she'll be welcomed with open arms. People in so many fields have nothing but goodwill towards her.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jul 28 2019, 09:58 AM
Post #26
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

To be fair I think P!nk did have a bit of a flop era. Try This was definitely a low point for her in terms of success. Misundaztood was also a high point for her in terms of album sales. However from I’m not dead onwards she has been so consistent! I don’t think the lower sales of H2BH put her in the past it bracket since all album sales are really low and she was#1 for 3 weeks!

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jul 28 2019, 10:49 AM
Post #27
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

Try This was like an underperformance in the UK but it’s sales of over 500K are more than what albums today what are considered a huge success. With all her albums aside from H2BH up to now on or around the 500k mark you can’t deny she’s a force. I think longevity is what was her key to those big sales. She never had short chart runs or like a big first week then a big drop her albums always stick around for ages. Even Hurts 2B Human I think will clock up more sales and have a long chart run. It’ll probably always be higher on sales than officially but she’s not gonna drop out the top 100 anytime soon.

Albums wise she’s always gonna be relevant. I think she’ll easily make the top 3 with every studio album she releases tbh.

Singles wise is harder to call as streaming’s always gonna be getting bigger and bigger.

She’s managed it because she’s hard working, puts in the promo work, has a relatable personality, has songs what have a message to them, hasn’t alienated her fanbase too much and because she’s just like an underdog and everyone loves an underdog.

This post has been edited by JLJ: Feb 25 2023, 03:11 PM

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 28 2019, 11:30 AM
Post #28
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

Try This was viewed as an underperformance at the time but I don’t think it can be called a flop era. The album has respectable sales and spawned 2 top 10 singles. If you compare this to ‘flop’ eras for other artists then it really wasn’t.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 25 2023, 01:54 PM
Post #29
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

This question appears to still be relevant today.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Feb 25 2023, 07:05 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Very relevant and a huge hats off to her, 3 singles top 50 for an artist like Pink is a great result,

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Feb 25 2023, 10:03 PM
Post #31
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

I think people respect her for being real, and honest, and for her quality as a performer and entertainer.

Musically she's done incredibly well to constantly transcend different sounds, styles, generations and music consumption methods. And I wouldn't say she has compromised her sound to achieve it either, Trustfall and Never Gonna Not Dance Again sound more like early 2010s songs to me - they don't sound dated but they equally don't sound like anything in the charts today. Hate Me and When I Get There feel as authentically P!nk as anything she put out in the 00s too, but she does experiment with new/current sounds and styles at the same time.

Long may it continue. I've grown up with P!nk and it's a joy to see somebody from 'my era' still having big albums and hit singles. There aren't many others who are. Coldplay? Sia, but she wasn't exactly big for the duration like P!nk has been - she just had a random top 10 in 2000 then resurfaced in 2012 commercially.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Feb 26 2023, 01:19 PM
Post #32
Break the tension
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Feb 25 2023, 10:03 PM) *
Long may it continue. I've grown up with P!nk and it's a joy to see somebody from 'my era' still having big albums and hit singles. There aren't many others who are. Coldplay? Sia, but she wasn't exactly big for the duration like P!nk has been - she just had a random top 10 in 2000 then resurfaced in 2012 commercially.

I kind of want to say Beyoncé, although I know she officially debuted as a solo artist in 2003. Maybe JT also if he releases again? Jury's out though.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Feb 26 2023, 01:24 PM
Post #33
Break the tension
Member No.: 51

A month ago I really thought her days of being a hit singles artist were done and she'd now be in the "legacy artist" category (which is fine, she's had such an incredible run and nothing lasts forever), so to see her defying the odds in that respect and doing well again has been pleasing (and thoroughly deserved, especially with her not getting the same level of support from radio and stuff like she had last time)

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Feb 26 2023, 04:29 PM
Post #34
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

I think the reason is her being relatable for a lot of people as well as her amazing tours. She's become a touring force and if an artist can do that, then they have cemented themselves quite well!

+Quote Post
vibe
post Mar 2 2023, 02:39 PM
Post #35
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

Pinks quality of output really helps especially with this latest campaign.
Pink is only 43 , lets see what happens when she passes ad gets loser to 50.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:08 AM