BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Everything Everywhere All At Once • FRIDAY 13th
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 10th May 2022, 09:33 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Finally released in the UK on Friday (13th May 2022). It's been a MASSIVE hit in the US grossing $41m on a limited release.

Many are hailing this as one of the best films ever made! I hope they're right!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 10th May 2022, 10:02 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Saw it the other day. Still thinking about it. Absolutely an amazing experience and instantly probably one of my favourite films of all time. What a film.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 10th May 2022, 04:49 PM
Post #3
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Been waiting for the UK release for so long, the reviews are absolutely insane. Sadly, my local cinema seems to not be showing it this weekend, but I will definitely find somewhere nearby.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 10th May 2022, 07:58 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

My sister has just hosted an event about this at the BFI.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 10th May 2022, 10:25 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

This was absolutely incredible and like nothing I have ever seen before. Can't see anything coming close to this for my film of the year, wow.

+Quote this post
Hadji
post 12th May 2022, 06:44 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386

Some cinemas are releasing it tomorrow and the rest of them are releasing it next Friday. Both my local odeon and Cineworld are releasing it next Friday

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th May 2022, 03:46 PM
Post #7
Group icon

This was insane. I am still processing it. Will link to my review soon but yeah. So, so good!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 21st May 2022, 07:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon

Just got back from it...wow wow wow, this lived up to the hype and then some. What a film, it really was just like its title suggests, it was literally everything at once - it was hilarious, heartbreaking, tense, bonkers, confusing...and yet somehow it managed to pull it all together in a great cinematic package that just leaves you feeling amazing once you've seen it all.

The acting was incredible and it looked seriously excellent as a film, especially the Martial Arts sequences you wouldn't be able to tell it had such a low budget! It was also a brilliant and mature use of the Multiverse, because however absurdist and creative it got, it always maintained that serious and human atmosphere. Life is determined by choices and how do you find happiness in a world where, in theory, nothing matters? It's a really interesting, existential question that I think the film handled perfectly. The problems it touches on are so relatable, and I would never have thought I'd be using that to describe a movie where two rocks talk and people have hot dogs for fingers! The Multiverse has such potential as a concept beyond just different characters coming back for nostalgia points (hi Disney x)

I'm so pleased this has done so well and isn't slowing down, not just as it's so good but for what it means for cinema in general. It really does give hope for smaller-scale movies and original material to succeed in this sea of franchises and reboots we get today (especially after the failure of another original, The Northman recently which made me very sad). I really would recommend it to anyone who loves cinema in any way, not just to help it out, but it's an experience worth having. Gonna take some beating for this being my film of the year.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 23rd May 2022, 02:12 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Okay the amount of spoken Chinese in this is awesome. <3 (mostly Mandarin but there's a bit of Cantonese in there too I think) Great choice of leading actors, but particularly Michelle Yeoh, she was outstanding throughout.

Excellent use of absurdist comedy to sell a push-back against nihilism, rather taking joy in the fact that nothing matters but what you make for yourself, this is certainly something I subscribe to. The multiverse stuff was very good, very camp as it should be when tackling this stuff. Plus some seemingly very accurate Buddhist philosophical imagery. I didn't even notice it had a small budget.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 25th May 2022, 10:30 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Just back from watching this… it was unlike anything else I’ve seen yet also like lots of other things I’ve seen. I can’t quite explain it but it’s like a familiar and simple story about human connection told through the mind of the most bonkers and creative person on earth.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd June 2022, 06:30 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Before watching I knew the multiverse was involved in the plot and that there would be some wacky themes woven in, but wow, I wasn’t expecting the story to move me as much as it did. Who knew I’d find two rocks talking to each other so emotional?! I shed quite a few tears during the tying up of the cross-generational trauma in general.

Also it made my heart burst when Waymond was talking about his kindness and concluded that it was his strength.

I am in complete awe of how powerful the messages were and how creative the execution was throughout. The characters were wonderfully played too - on top of the emotional scenes I also laughed out loud on several occasions. Add me to those who are not going to stop thinking about this for a while!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 22nd September 2022, 07:29 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Finally got around to watching this, what an outstanding film! Certainly worthy of all the praise. It was a mindf*** in the best way, it’s hard to even formulate thoughts about it. It felt like it made no sense, but it also made perfect sense. It was so unique and like nothing I’d seen before, yet it felt so familiar. I guess it really was everything, everywhere, all at once laugh.gif It’s really impressive that such universal human experiences and feelings could be represented in such a bizarrely creative way.

Definitely one I’m going to think about for a while.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 22nd September 2022, 09:29 PM
Post #13
Group icon

Glad you enjoyed, Liam wub.gif this is still hands down my best cinema experience of 2022 so far.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 24th October 2022, 01:18 AM
Post #14
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

This was absolutely incredible. I stayed up until 3am because I couldn’t just stop watching it and go to sleep with everything going on. The makeup looks and the fashion though. Oh my lord, those alone were worth the time!

Hands down my favourite movie of the year so far and I highly doubt it will change.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 27th February 2023, 10:16 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Just watched this. Totally agree with everyone. An amazing film. Watch it!! (it's on Amazon +)

Michelle Yeoh is brilliant, Jamie Lee Curtis is wonderful, James Hong has still got it 50 years into his career and that kid from the Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Doom has turned into a terrific actor. Inventive, funny, sharp, profound, violent, peace-pushing, life-affirming, manic, and the arching philosophy is the one I believe in - Be Kind. Life is short. Love is everything.

And if that doesn't do it for you, sausage fingers, Ratatouille World (with a hot chef), Kung Fu butt plug, and 2 stones in a universe with no life brings tears to the eyes. Tears of joy. and that has more than one meaning too. Tears Of Joy. Complex and this deserves to bring Oscars all round. Especially Michelle, great in everything she does, and I'd love to see James Hong get some much overdue recognition, been a fan since Blade Runner. And script, directing, music.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 13th March 2023, 03:43 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Every award everywhere all at once *.*

+Quote this post
Jade
post 13th March 2023, 08:07 AM
Post #17
Group icon

QUOTE(dandy* @ Mar 13 2023, 03:43 AM) *
Every award everywhere all at once *.*

The news I was hoping to wake up to wub.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 13th March 2023, 09:59 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

So happy this swept the boards, totally deserved, and fab to see Brendan Frazer and Jamie Lee wins too after a lack of recognition for most of their career. Shame about Angela Bassett missing out, def the best thing in an otherwise largely disappointing film, but TBH both the EEAAO nominees gave strong performances in a way better movie.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 13th March 2023, 06:56 PM
Post #19
Group icon

This was pretty much the only film I was really checking for so wonderful to see that confirmed <3 Possibly the best winner of that ever although it's close with Parasite, it's really encouraging to see the Oscars awarding original, independent filmmaking that is not of a certain genre or type, it's a slow process but I feel like they're finally starting to look a bit more diverse and this will hopefully open the pathway for many more of the same type (inb4 it's another dull biopic next year x)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th March 2023, 07:17 PM
Post #20
Group icon

It's the most awarded movie of all time (across the board - not solely at Oscars, I mean lol).

SO happy for this movie. My only qualm is... Jamie Lee getting it for that role. She's an icon and a legend in the game. But she (for me) was (quite far) the weakest of the 5 nominees. I kinda accepted that Oscars are Superhero movie snobs and probably weren't ever going to give Angela the award for (what is imo) one of the greatest performances in a Superhero movie, ever. Her nomination (and other wins) were so deserved. But even if it wasn't Angela and they wanted to give 'Everything Everywhere All At Once' the award... Stephanie Hsu's performance was stellar in that movie and SO much more special and deserving (imo).

Apart from that, really, incredibly happy they got the other awards that they did! ESPECIALLY editing! I had NO idea it was just Paul Rogers on his own!? The magnitude of editing in this movie... insane.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 01:32 AM